The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i cant say... i dont even know how to drive yet but the prices compared to where i am look ok
Reply 2
Theron
i cant say... i dont even know how to drive yet but the prices compared to where i am look ok

i was expectin about £1100 for next years, so im not complainin much. but why is it even more when i have 2 years NCB and a licence for over 2 years?! doesnt make sense.
basically unless you're over 25 every insurance company is going to charge through the roof to insure you.

Try and shop around, use a broker, get put on a company car insurance scheme if you are lucky enough!
You did add a year onto your age for the second quote didn't you?
Reply 5
confused.com is great. Submits your info to tons of insurers
Reply 6
Kingspharm
You did add a year onto your age for the second quote didn't you?

yes. started with 1985, 1 year NCB and licence for over 1 year, then 1984, 2NCB and licence over 2 years
Reply 7
MorbidAngel
yes. started with 1985, 1 year NCB and licence for over 1 year, then 1984, 2NCB and licence over 2 years

move about.

(on my moped) i got free insurance for the first year, and then quotes for the 2nd and 3rd year, with the 3rd year being cheapest. when i went to renew on the 4th year the price got hiked by over 1/3 for some unknown reason. so i went elsewhere.
Reply 8
norwich uniion is the cheapest. I got fully comprehensive second drive for about 350 quid
Reply 9
technik
move about.

(on my moped) i got free insurance for the first year, and then quotes for the 2nd and 3rd year, with the 3rd year being cheapest. when i went to renew on the 4th year the price got hiked by over 1/3 for some unknown reason. so i went elsewhere.

ive been told itll cost more to have the new car added to this years insurance. next year i wont be going with norwich union. probably be gettin traders insurance nxt year. its a rip-off. 1 of the questions should be 'are you a charv/boy racer'

if your car has a lower body/spoiler/blue windscreen lights/loud exhaust, then they should be charged more.
Reply 10
awesome
norwich uniion is the cheapest. I got fully comprehensive second drive for about 350 quid

and i get thru to a paki call centre where they give me quotes then say theyve guessed them, after i complain there £2000 higher than what their website says. and even tho norwich union might be the cheapest, id rather go with someone else where the call centre is answered by people who speak english and know what there on about.

quote from a member on another forum, moanin about norwich union

I had to phone NU once, to advise them someone has hit my van...
The person in question had no valid MOT..
I told the operator that, only to be asked, "Waht is an MOT Sir"

What a waste of my time.
Norwich Union never give me good quotes, plus their customer service staff and adverts are ghey.

Quotes that are decent for me: Tesco, Admiral, More Than (with 3yr NCB)

You'll find that all insurance companies are good for different people in different areas - it all depends on their risk preference profile.

Plus Neds do get charged more for insurance - just try and add some mods to your policy and see it fly up.

Latest

Trending

Trending