I took the following:
    Maths: p2, p3.
    Further Maths: p4, p5, p6, d2.
    AEA Maths
    Biology: byb4, byb5, byb8.
    General Studies: gsb4, gsb5, gsb6.

(Original post by Eye Jay)
    How well do you think your exams went?
    Very well. I was particuarly pleased with the Biology and AEA paper.

Did you do enough revision?
    Too much. I was bored out of my mind for the last month (not learning anything).

Were the papers you sat easier or harder than you were expecting?
    The A-Levels were probably about what I expected. I found the AEA paper to be a little easier than I expected.

Do you think you will make it into your first choice placement for university?
    I think so, unless something terrible goes wrong. I hope to get AAABB and Dist(small chance) or Merit(more likely). The grades aren't that great though as the two B grades are in less serious subjects.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking AABC. So, overall, pretty good. Some very odd questions though, which I hope I tackled in the right way.

ReputationRep:
    One word......

Terrible

ReputationRep:
    Did i revise enough? No is the short answer to that. I did absoloutely no revision for English and Media (i'm not exaggerating, i didn't even open a book) I did tons of revision for socio but i feel i could have done more, and i wasn't completely confident going into those two exams. My individual module results might not be that great for this year, but i think i did what i needed to get AAA and to get into Nottingham. I'm looking forward to results day anyway. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Did i revise enough? No is the short answer to that. I did absoloutely no revision for English and Media (i'm not exaggerating, i didn't even open a book) I did tons of revision for socio but i feel i could have done more, and i wasn't completely confident going into those two exams. My individual module results might not be that great for this year, but i think i did what i needed to get AAA and to get into Nottingham. I'm looking forward to results day anyway. xx
    i didn't revise much either...did most of my revision the days preceding the exams ! and i mean that! - i did jack all all year and worked my ass off for 8-12 hours a day in teh run up to the big days, ol - did weird shiit like teach A2 phys in two days, revise whole maths mods (4months work) in two days, etc.

but i think they went pretty well actually...my short term mem is good and i remembered all the syllabus long enough to get through the exams, and have forgotten it a week later!

pk

ReputationRep:
    It'll be so weird looking back over this in August when I'll probably have predicted completely wrongly lol.

Maths
    C1 - really liked this paper so I am hoping for an A.
    M1 - completely mucked this one up, would love a B but will probably be a C (or possibly D :eek: ). It's a definite resit which is really frustrating because I was so looking forward to saying goodbye to Mechanics forever!
    C2 - I think this one went ok, so hoping for an A.

History
    The 3 papers were much of a muchness. Some pretty random questions but mostly not too bad so hoping for an A.

English
    The 2 papers I sat were pretty nice and had already done well in my coursework so really wanting an A in English.

French
    Listening & Reading - this paper seemed a good bit easier than the mocks, though that was probably deceptive :p: so maybe an A.
    Oral - same, though I did a good bit of stuttering!
    Essay - hideous paper :mad: don't have a clue if I even wrote about the right sort of thing so somewhere from an A to a C!

Wow that got long, though it was actually quite therapeutic!

ReputationRep:
    Biology (AQA A): not sure to be honest, bya1 was much easier than expected, bya2 was quite tough. its hard to say how i did though, the marking schemes can be quite tight, hoping to get a nice examiner!
    Chemistry (AQA): ok-ish, need to do well
    Physics (CCEA): not as well as i'd hoped, but grade boundaries tend to be quite low so fingers crossed!
    Maths (Edexcel): c1 was a gift, c2 was harder but nice enough, m1 was fine, expect ive made a few mistakes though.
    well i suppose i could have revised more, but i did work my ass off and at the end of the day, im only human!
    guess we'll have to wait till 18th august *sighs*

ReputationRep:
    Maths/Further Maths
    - C1 : Great, expecting an A
    - C2: V. good, expecting an A for this
    - S1: Wasnt quite sure what to make of this, but generally it was good
    - C3: Slightly less good than the other Cores, but still quite good
    - D1: All good until I got to the end and couldn't do flows OR simplex..byebye grade A/B in D1
    - D2: Meh. Wasnt good.

Chemistry - structure and bonding great, organic etc. not bad. other paper...not bad not good

Physics - Lets just say its likely that I'll be resitting at least some of the AS exams in January. I think in hindsight I worried too much about Chem and didn't do enough for Physics. Ah well, I suppose that's a lesson learned if nothing else

Critical Thinking - This was on the same day as D2, I concluded by the ended of that day that it hadn't been a good day for me. But I don't really take Critical Thinking seriously to be totally honest.

All in all...very variable set of exams. Some probably should have gone better than they did, but sh*t happens. All I can do now is wait for results and then prepare for a few retakes in January

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil23)
    i didn't revise much either...did most of my revision the days preceding the exams ! and i mean that! - i did jack all all year and worked my ass off for 8-12 hours a day in teh run up to the big days, ol - did weird shiit like teach A2 phys in two days, revise whole maths mods (4months work) in two days, etc.
    That's just the same as me!

I did no work for my AS's because I am a lazy cow, and after getting rubbish grades I told myself I'd work consistently throughout Yr 13 so I get what I'm capable of. Did I do that? Yes. For the first week of term. Then I did absolutely nothing other than coursework until study leave, during which I had to make a years worth of notes for all three subjects, and then learn them all. Towards exam days, I was staying up until 3am and getting up at 6am to fit in more revision!

Well done Amy :congrats: :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Geography didn't go as well as I wanted it too (well, one of the exams) but I still hope I've got an A and I think I did enough revision for the second paper. The first paper should've been straightforward because the questions were gifts, but I managed to mess it up. The second was about as hard as I thought it would be, with a real mix of hard and easy questions.

I can never tell with Biology, but Health and Disease was a cr*p paper for content and I revised so much for it yet two topics seemed to dominate that paper. Two tiny topics of the specification. :mad: The synoptic exam was alright; I don't expect to get more than a C in that anyway. The option paper was probably one of my best exams. Overall I reckon I got a B.

Sociology was my worst exam. Not sure if I've got the A I need. Overall, I reckon I could get anything from AAA-BBB. Hoping for AAB or better though.

ReputationRep:
    AS levels:

English 1: Medium. The poems were ones I hated and my drama essay was packed with good stuff but v. unbalanced.
    English 2: Good.

Maths C2: Good.
    Maths C3: Pretty iffy.
    Maths C4: Atrocious.
    Maths M1: Atrocious.

Economics 1: Alright I think...
    Economics 2: Quite good.
    Economics 3: OK, hopefully!

Music Listening: meh.
    Music Set works: argh.

I revised a lot. They were all ok really, my history and physics retakes were pretty bad, but my law retake was perfect.... hopefully I'll be happy come August!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't revise enough by a long shot.

Maths
    P2: Quite well but I screwed up an easy question still should get oer 90%
    P3: Superb, maybe 100%.
    P4: Much worse than I expected 60%-70% perhaps.
    S2: Suprisingly easy, but still know I got a U. Doesn't matter anyway though.
    Overall: Definately a B minimum but could well be an A.

Media
    ME5: Ok I guess hopefully an A.
    ME6: Bit harder, but still hoping for an A.
    Overall: Definately a B minimum but hoping for an A despite dreadful coursework.

ICT
    ICT4: Crap, just totally rubbish.
    Overall: B with a tiny chance of a C or an A.

Business
    BUS6: Really well but needed 90% plus for an A overall so touch and go.
    Overall: Probably a B unless my coursework goes up through moderation.

So basically I think I got somewhere between BBBB and AAAB but most likely ABBB which means I miss my offer by two grades... *******s.

ReputationRep:
    nooo Jump - you have to come to Nottingham! It will be ok *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    best not said

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do well this year as I was a little disappointed with my AS level results because I know I could have achieved a much better grade if I'd done some work instead of not paying attention. With that in mind, I really worked hard through about a term and a half of the academic year, but then I suddenly lost all motivation. I was overloaded with coursework and university stuff, and I became slack and started missing lessons, which meant missing out sections of the course - not good.

When study leave came round I told my self I was going to revise really hard and in depth - and I did...well, sort of. I left it until the last minute and crammed in revision like Amie - working until about two/three in the morning and then getting up again to cram in more in the morning, two or three hours before the exam, which really can't be good...

Exam wise, I think it really could have gone a lot better.

PSYCHOLOGY: I should have my A in psychology because I got a good A at As level, an A in the January exams, and my coursework is to a A/B standard. My crime exam though didn't go well, but I hope I got enough to maintain my A.

ENGLISH LANGUAGE: I just scrapped a B in As. My coursework this year was a good 'B', and my exams went...well, OK I think. In one question I felt like I'd done well and the other not so well. My editorial is a bit dodgy, too. So, overall for English Language I think I may have got a B/C?

SOCIOLOGY: Doing intensive, so have absolutely no clue - it really will be a surprise what I get in August! I think though, around a B/C - I would love an A, but my A2 research paper went a bit wrong as did my essay on my Social Inequalities paper. They were both my last exam and by then I was completely burnt out. AS went a bit better then A2, but the paper about identities went a bit wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    nooo Jump - you have to come to Nottingham! It will be ok *crosses fingers*
    I've had all my fingers and toes crossed for weeks

I'm pretty sure I'm gunna be phoning Notts on Results day nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    Maximum i can get would be AABa

least i think i can get:
    ABCb, so hopefully i still make it into my firm offer.

screwed up
    PHY6/C3 - To a moderate extent
    C4

ReputationRep:
    umm...hit and miss...

did good i think: P4, M3, M4, S2, , phy 5 (fields and practical),
    think got A/B: P5, P6, Phy 6, geog 5 and geog unit 6, phy 4.
    Think i failed (U): Geog unit 4 (was horrible...my mind went blank! )

Max: AAAA
    Min: AABC

ReputationRep:
    C1 was GCSE?!
    Lol, just meant that the C1 exam was GCSE standard- at least it was for most of my class (many of us did additional maths at GCSE)

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.