Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When Blair gave his initial speech about the events from the g8 conference. Bush was behind him, adn im sure he wasnt thinkngi but he kept looking shiftily to his right and i couldnt help but add his thoguhts for him. Icould just imagine him thinknig:
    "Oh sh*t, now we gotta stick our necks out for the brits after all, they helped us. damn that screws up a lot of plans... XD"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    When Blair gave his initial speech about the events from the g8 conference. Bush was behind him, adn im sure he wasnt thinkngi but he kept looking shiftily to his right and i couldnt help but add his thoguhts for him. Icould just imagine him thinknig:
    "Oh sh*t, now we gotta stick our necks out for the brits after all, they helped us. damn that screws up a lot of plans... XD"
    Face it, no matter what Bush did, you would find fault in it. This is an inappropriate time to let petty dislike get in the way of the American and British alliance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpliftMof0)
    i couldnt help but notice mbeki in the background trying to keep his head above georges shoulder. he looked like he'd just been shoved in the background somewhere out of the way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psychic_satori)
    Face it, no matter what Bush did, you would find fault in it. This is an inappropriate time to let petty dislike get in the way of the American and British alliance.
    its time the USA became the 5th constituent of the UK

ReputationRep:
    Intelligence is probably going to come under review - but as far public transport security is concerned, I can't see what they can do. It's not like they can screen everyone getting onto a bus or a tube train..

ReputationRep:
    Potential Effects of the London Terror Attacks?

Maybe Europe will finally realize that the terrorists are the bad guys and not the Americans? If we had the support of all of Europe, maybe we could work together and defeat these animals once and for all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    Potential Effects of the London Terror Attacks?

Maybe Europe will finally realize that the terrorists are the bad guys and not the Americans? If we had the support of all of Europe, maybe we could work together and defeat these animals once and for all.
    Ye thats right, invade 2 or 3 other countries and the world will be safer.

If it wasnt for us joining in this stupid war the risk of this happening would be much lower if not minimal. We all know they are 'bad guys' as you lot in your simplistic way put it but you dont seem to understand the concept of cause and effect.....Im sure invading more countries will defeat terrorism (electoral spin of the highest quality) ...we are not 5 for god sake.

ReputationRep:
    We either;
    1: see that this was a result of our support of US led war in Iraq, withdraw, make closer alliances with European powers.

2: Draw closer to the USA, Invite more of these attacks, and invade, iran maybe, and sort out these extremists.

Im torn between patriotism and rationalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OppressedMass)
    We either;
    1: see that this was a result of our support of US led war in Iraq, withdraw, make closer alliances with European powers.

2: Draw closer to the USA, Invite more of these attacks, and invade, iran maybe, and sort out these extremists.

Which one is patriotism, and which one is rationalism?

P.S. who's the avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Which one is patriotism, and which one is rationalism?

P.S. who's the avatar?
    Im not sure really, I was speaking of the govt's possible actions. I suppose patriotism is joining the yanks in a crusade in the middle east and rationalsim is backing down. But rationalism isnt always the way to go. To be honest Im very angry, and wouldn't be at all upset if we hunt down these killers in thier homeland, even though I know I know this will lead to more attacks in years to come. Very human of me.

Ps. the avatar is Lord Byron :love: in a painting by ...... of Shelley's funeral.

Maybe Europe will finally realize that the terrorists are the bad guys and not the Americans?
    Good question. I doubt the Brits will cut and run like Spain, we may even get more grass roots support from them. I don't think France or Germany are going to budge, don't know about the rest of Europe, although I heard on the news tonight that Italy may be the next terrorist target.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)

If it wasnt for us joining in this stupid war the risk of this happening would be much lower if not minimal. We all know they are 'bad guys' as you lot in your simplistic way put it but you dont seem to understand the concept of cause and effect.....Im sure invading more countries will defeat terrorism (electoral spin of the highest quality) ...we are not 5 for god sake.
    There has been terrorism long before Iraq. Where have you been?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)

Ha! If not for Iraq, another excuse would have been found. Despite what many falsely believe on this forum, the terrorists don't have some rational political goals. Unless, of course, you believe that worldwide conversion to extremist Islam or death are "rational."

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure really, I was speaking of the govt's possible actions. I suppose patriotism is joining the yanks in a crusade in the middle east and rationalsim is backing down. But rationalism isnt always the way to go. To be honest Im very angry, and wouldn't be at all upset if we hunt down these killers in thier homeland, even though I know I know this will lead to more attacks in years to come. Very human of me.
    Of course, if one is being rational, it seems that regardless of the choice, more attacks like these will come as long as Islamic extremists exist.

(Original post by psychic_satori)
    Of course, if one is being rational, it seems that regardless of the choice, more attacks like these will come as long as Islamic extremists exist.
    But what if we treat the terrorists with respect, what if we ask for forgiveness for our evil ways. Do you think the terrorists will forgive us and we can live in harmony?

ReputationRep:
    We either;

Iraq has nothing to do with it. The attacks on the Marine Barracks in Lebanon, World Trade Center in 1993, military Barracks in Saudi Arabia, American Embassies in Africa, American Embassies in Africa and the bombing of PanAm Flight 103 all happened before Iraq.

ReputationRep:
    There has been terrorism long before Iraq. Where have you been?
    Mainly against the US and on a much smaller scale...hardly comparable to coordinated attacks throughout Europe and US...and embassies of the above countries. Can you spot the similarity? That's right all part of nations which are at present in Iraq...

(Original post by technik)
    its time the USA became the 5th constituent of the UK
    Isn't Britain the 51st state of the US? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn)
    Isn't Britain the 51st state of the US? :confused:
    Haven't you heard? Bush surrendered all his powers to the Queen yesterday, and placed the United States, or should I say, the 50 Colonies under the jurisdiction of the British Empire. Imperial troops have already torn down the Statue of Liberty and the Viceroy has imposed a 100% income tax on Boston. Sheeesh, some people are so behind the times...

ReputationRep:
    Im sick of fools saying this is an attack on our ideals and values, terrorists allways want something, they are not just malignant forces wishing to destroy 'freedom'. They are retaliating against (principally) US manipulation in the middle east and the muslim world.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.