Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    argh, i was gonna use natwest aswell. now i am not too sure cos i will be needing the railcard soon.

ReputationRep:
    I applied early got my cashcard, but still have had no chequebook. Railcard's not come either because I couldn't apply for it until after results.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Natwest have a really helpful call centre, so phone them if you have any problems

ReputationRep:
    Mine was sorted within a week. no probs

ReputationRep:
    Got my account finalised yesterday. I'll get back to ya in a week.

ReputationRep:
    What did people put as their term address or are they not so picky about it just yet? I don't start till October and have been allocated a hall but not a specific room.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by kpg)
    What did people put as their term address or are they not so picky about it just yet? I don't start till October and have been allocated a hall but not a specific room.
    You can change that when you get there. You don't even have to tell them, as it's just if you want your statements and things to be posted there. It depends how secure the post system is.

ReputationRep:
    I did mine early as well and haven't heard anything from them since. Damm poor show and annoying as well. My card expires this month so maybe they are waiting until then?

ReputationRep:
    got mine after 1 week i was quite impressed!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for my account last year - whatever you do don't do it online! I did, I waited for ages to receive stuff and I still hadn't, then I had to do into the bank to sort it out. It's quiker just to go straight to the bank and sort it all out there.

All in all it took me just over a month to get it sorted out. Also, they automatically don't give you the biggest overdraft (£1250), so you have to specify that you want it when you go in to give them your details, so make sure you say you want it.

ReputationRep:
    For anyone with a natwest account:

I waited like 6 weeks for my service card, and it never came. So i went into my local branch and asked why i didn't have it and it was because it goes to them, not to ur house! I didn't even get told this and the woman thought i was stupid... So if u havent got ur card u won't get it in the post. Go to the branch that u signed up to and they will have it. I think that, perhaps, if u sign up for an account on-line, u don't get told about the card not going to ur house thing!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by morris)

I waited like 6 weeks for my service card, and it never came. So i went into my local branch and asked why i didn't have it and it was because it goes to them, not to ur house! I didn't even get told this and the woman thought i was stupid... So if u havent got ur card u won't get it in the post. Go to the branch that u signed up to and they will have it. I think that, perhaps, if u sign up for an account on-line, u don't get told about the card not going to ur house thing!
    Mine went to my house. It depends on where they send it. They don't usually send it to student accomodation (ie halls).

ReputationRep:
    I got my stuff about 3 weeks after, well, 5 weeks as i had to cancel the first card (it never arrived) and apply again. BUT! Do remember to activate your overdraft as i was charged £35 for being £3 overdrawn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladydeborah)
    I got my stuff about 3 weeks after, well, 5 weeks as i had to cancel the first card (it never arrived) and apply again. BUT! Do remember to activate your overdraft as i was charged £35 for being £3 overdrawn!
    Yeah they charged me at first as well - make sure you go in and moan about it as they cancelled it for me as it was a first 'offense'.

ReputationRep:
    I've been waiting for 6 weeks for my card. I called them, I'm getting the difference of all the tickets I've been buying without it refunded. If anyone has lots and lots of old rail tickets from July, then tell me, I want to get every penny I can off these *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike)
    Yeah they charged me at first as well - make sure you go in and moan about it as they cancelled it for me as it was a first 'offense'.
    Lucky! I moaned and the lady in there is really horrible to everyone, she gave me £17 back, but that was it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morris)

Ditto! The rail card application didn't come with my welcome back. For some reason on the rail card staffs computers i was showing up as a graduate! Rang them today and got it sorted. Not really impressed with Natwest and dealing with students, however i never had any problems with just my normal back account.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I will pop in on Friday then! Think they would tell you though!

ReputationRep:
    hmm ive only got my chequebook...i only joined natwest for the railcard...it better come...

ReputationRep:
    they will come eventually. They've had a big problem issuing them recently, but you will get them.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.