Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My account got opened last Tuesday 'cos of bank holiday and such, cheque book arrived Monday, Card and stuff arrived today.

What is suppose to arrive in he welcome pack? Is it your card and such? Cos if it is I haven't got my young persons rail card slip. Which is bad.

I phoned the Natwest Student HelpLine and the lady said I needed to go to my local bank and get another sent out :-/. So I'm just checking that I have got the welcome pack before I go requesting another one.

Does anyone want the Natwest Student HelpLine number?

ReputationRep:
    madmazda i feel for you!

i had to go through the exact same thing when i opened my account. the woman asks for a load of letters and proof that i am who i say i am, that in the end she doesn't even use!
    she asks me to fill out the various application forms and come back with them to open the account. then when she actually opens up the account on the computer she asks me for all the information instead of looking at the application forms that are right in front of her! :mad:
    but at least my branch was competant enough to open the account alright.
    i got the cheque book a couple of weeks after and the service card and welcome pack followed the next week. still no credit card yet thou. just sent of the railcard application off today, lets see when i get that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r1sh1_165)
    madmazda i feel for you!

i had to go through the exact same thing when i opened my account. the woman asks for a load of letters and proof that i am who i say i am, that in the end she doesn't even use!
    she asks me to fill out the various application forms and come back with them to open the account. then when she actually opens up the account on the computer she asks me for all the information instead of looking at the application forms that are right in front of her! :mad:
    but at least my branch was competant enough to open the account alright.
    i got the cheque book a couple of weeks after and the service card and welcome pack followed the next week. still no credit card yet thou. just sent of the railcard application off today, lets see when i get that!
    So Service Card and Welcome Pack are different?? *hopes so*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kachookee)
    So Service Card and Welcome Pack are different?? *hopes so*
    I was told that the Welcome PAck would be posted to my home address, while everything else I'll collect from my branch.

(And hello!)

ReputationRep:
    i opened one about a week ago got my checkbook through two days ago my card yesterday, they said my credit card would come separately as it wasn't to do with them or something so am waiting for that. Haven't received my railcard info/ application which would have been useful as i have just used the train today to check out something with my accomodation at uni. Haven't had too many problems with them but compared to other banks they are slow. "My normal" account got opened years ago and all the stuff came really quickly much quicker than this. It's probably to do with an overload of students. But really what do they expect?! it must happen every year so you would have thought they would have been prepared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    I was told that the Welcome PAck would be posted to my home address, while everything else I'll collect from my branch.

(And hello!)
    HELLO! *waves*

Mine said they'd post everything to me. I'll wait a few days. If not on Monday I'll go to the bank and pray I get it by Friday.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need a railcard before the start of term? I forget if you have one or not..

I'd say just pester the bank, but i think the Welcome Pack is sent out by head office rather than the branch.

If you Yell.co.uk NatWest, you can get the call centre phone number (even if you search for a specific branch). Speak to someone there about not receiving the Welcome Pack, they'll transfer you to the right people. They'll know if it's been sent out or not, that sorta thing.

ReputationRep:
    Natwest are rubbish when it comes to setting up student accounts, they seem to have good service though once its all sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    Do you need a railcard before the start of term? I forget if you have one or not..

I'd say just pester the bank, but i think the Welcome Pack is sent out by head office rather than the branch.

If you Yell.co.uk NatWest, you can get the call centre phone number (even if you search for a specific branch). Speak to someone there about not receiving the Welcome Pack, they'll transfer you to the right people. They'll know if it's been sent out or not, that sorta thing.
    I don't have one. But don't need one till I travel home really. But I would like it more if I got it before I went, instead of having stuff send to my Halls.

I'll first wait for post tomorrow to see if it arrives. And then phone/go to local branch and get it sorted ^_^

ReputationRep:
    i applied online n aint got my cards/chquebook etc yet, just my account details in a letter. I went into the branch and she sed i shud recieve it soon cus its been ordered for me.

ReputationRep:
    Well i went in today to complain abot not having received my card and she gave it to me over the counter saying all student service cards are delivered to the branch- how bizzarre... especially seeing as no one told me this before! Good thing was I would have had to go down to the branch to activate it anyway so it's all okay on that front.

She said that the railcard stuff would be sent to my home though which is annoying because it hasn't been and my ticket to Durham is only valid with a railcard. I'll give them a week ro so to sort it but then I'll have to give them a real piece of my mind. Would I be able to make them give me the £20 to buy a railcard in order to use my ticket? It seems unfair that I should have to fork out more money for a separate railcard when it's promised wiht an account that I open a whole month before I need the railcard!

ReputationRep:
    you can get a regular student account with HSBC if you've lived in england for three years i think...
    apart from that you have to apply for an international student account online, which is what i tried... i haven't heard anything from them yet though.
    but they seem to have pretty decent deals...

havent heard anything about the freebies, i will be pleasantly surprised if i get something, but the most important thing for me is to actually have an account. the HSBC freebies are pretty cool though.
    heres a link if anyone wants to check it out for themselvescheck it out for yourself: HSBC

ReputationRep:
    HSBC ARE CRAP ! ! !

just opened an account with them - i have been there 5 times now, each time due to an error with them - info not forwarded on, administration errors, incompetant staff, system errors.
    i am going again tomorrow because their offer of £50 in your account has not been fulfilled and I havn't heard anything about a free bsm lesson
    also my internet banking thing isn't working

i have not been impressed by them - not at all

ReputationRep:
    The Royal Bank of Scotland is really good. No free gifts or anything just fab banking. Is there an English sister bank? Ie Royal Bank of England-that would be cool

ReputationRep:
    HSBC offer a nice promotional deal(something like 10 cd's of your choosing, an iPod or £50).

ReputationRep:
    scre my 'just fab banking' should have gone to hsbc. Meh loyalty to banks counts for nothing these days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dom Day)
    HSBC offer a nice promotional deal(something like 10 cd's of your choosing, an iPod or £50).
    An ipod? I wish! its a crappo 512mb thing

For hsbc, i've waited 3 weeks to get my card through, and nothing about freebies yet! How long did it take for you guys to get your cd vouchers? Stupid bank!

ReputationRep:
    i may be biased because i work at lloyds tsb, but it really is a good bank account. it doesnt give you loads of free stuff, but you get interest free overdraft, theres a couple of telephone bank options, internet banking which is really good, and you can always check your balance by text. the people are really friendly and helpful, and will help you sort out which is the best options for you.they do money movers from abroad really easily too, so you can always get money sent from home!

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take for anyone who opted for the cd offer? How long did the thing take to come through Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    Stupid question this may be, but can we can one or more student accounts? I've upgraded my HSBC pre-student account to student account, and now im kinda regretting it as ive heard that llyods tsb offer you an interest free overdraft for about 3 years AFTER you graduate from univeristy? Is this true? as i couldnt find anything about this on their site...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.