Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twistedrose)
    An ipod? I wish! its a crappo 512mb thing

For hsbc, i've waited 3 weeks to get my card through, and nothing about freebies yet! How long did it take for you guys to get your cd vouchers? Stupid bank!
    3 weeks?! Gah, I've been waiting a week so far and am annoyed. I want my debit card! Not bothered about the MP3 player as much, but it would be nice to get it before uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northern_lass)
    i may be biased because i work at lloyds tsb, but it really is a good bank account. it doesnt give you loads of free stuff, but you get interest free overdraft, theres a couple of telephone bank options, internet banking which is really good, and you can always check your balance by text. the people are really friendly and helpful, and will help you sort out which is the best options for you.they do money movers from abroad really easily too, so you can always get money sent from home!
    Do they have any plan for international students?

ReputationRep:
    i hope mine dont get delivered to my branch....the woman didnt tell me that so ill be a tad annoyed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh i rang up my local branch and she said it'd been delievered to the main one in town, but she was very helpful and said she'd send them a fax and ask them to post it me as im away next week.. When u have to activate your account, what does this mean?

ReputationRep:
    yea i called HSBC again today and they said they had a three week back up of applications. the lady told me to wait 3 weeks and then try again, which is pretty crap coz i'll already be in the UK then...

i'm gonna try TSB, and the royal bank of scotland, although both don't have an outlet on my campus. i think Visa is affiliated with RBS, right?

anyone know anything about barclays???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anabelle)
    Do they have any plan for international students?
    im not sure, but im in work tomoro so i can check for you!

ReputationRep:
    i move to uni on wednesday and have still not fully opened a student account. I applied online with natwest and have sent bacj the signed application with documents,that was about a week ago and haven't heard anymore. To find out where i stand at the mo is it best to phone them or go into my local branch?

ReputationRep:
    ^Says it all really! I have my account with HSBC now (and have spent some of my overdraft, naughty!) but my MP3 player has not appeared. Anyone else not got theirs yet? Or has my tendency to have bad luck meant they've forgotten about me :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarah1987)
    ^Says it all really! I have my account with HSBC now (and have spent some of my overdraft, naughty!) but my MP3 player has not appeared. Anyone else not got theirs yet? Or has my tendency to have bad luck meant they've forgotten about me :rolleyes:
    Giving out MP3 players now are they? All I got was a lowsy young persons railcard.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even got my card yet :mad: How long after you got the cheque book and other book did you get yours? I'm scared it's got lost!
    I haven't got the MP3 player either, but I'm not bothered...yet!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for my student account in June (pre-student thing) and i didnt get my mp3 player till august 18th. And it didnt work. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Sian-)
    I haven't even got my card yet :mad: How long after you got the cheque book and other book did you get yours? I'm scared it's got lost!
    I haven't got the MP3 player either, but I'm not bothered...yet!

I went away for the weekend 2 weeks ago and when I came back my card, books, everything had came. Apart from my bloomin MP3 player :mad:

Ring up about your card - if you've had the books for a while then you should have the card!

ReputationRep:
    Sarah - I got the books a week ago - ish. I'll wait a couple more days and then call them up if they haven't come.

ReputationRep:
    OVERDRAFT....loving it....already £150 in...whoops. and i've got a holiday on the 18th....bad bad lizzy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but to be fair the banks are swamped at the mo. They'll sort it. Keep ringing and make a burden of yourself. Always take the name of who you spoke to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Giving out MP3 players now are they? All I got was a lowsy young persons railcard.

I wouldn't complain about the Railcard... I switched to Natwest, but if I'd stayed with Barclays I'd have ended up with a really lame Coach pass.

Great...

ReputationRep:
    I used the right track into education account to then go into a student account, i asked for the 10 free CDs and i haven't had vouchers, e-mails or anything yet!!!

As a long standing customer (and former employee) it annoys me!!!

ReputationRep:
    i had to send e-mails of complaint to HSBC..and i finally got the mp3 player after nearly 6 weeks!!!

ReputationRep:
    Didn't anyone go for the cds???
    That's what i'm considering going for.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I went for the hard cash. You can buy a better MP3 player with it, or do I did, and used it to enjoy my summer free from money worries

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.