Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    anyone know how long it takes for natwest to set the overdraft? i showed my as12 letter etc but i dont seem to be able to use my overdraft at all. this confirmation was around 1st september...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Channy)
    anyone know how long it takes for natwest to set the overdraft? i showed my as12 letter etc but i dont seem to be able to use my overdraft at all. this confirmation was around 1st september...
    its supposed to be about 10 working days...so any day now and it should be up and working x

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed more than 1 student bank accounts?

ReputationRep:
    Most T&Cs say that you can't.

ReputationRep:
    oh.

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't got my debit card from HSBC, yet I received everything else (except the MP3 player, but I don't care about that!) over a week or so ago. I know they're busy, but I don't understand why just my card hasn't come. Should I investigate?!

ReputationRep:
    my mp3 player hasn't come yet, but I got my debit card tho.

ReputationRep:
    I rang up then they got it all sorted

ReputationRep:
    applied for an HSBC account a month ago, still havent recieved even a notification if they have seen it.... i need an international account.

when i called they told me there was a lot of work right then, and i should expect a 3 week delay...

did i start the ball rolling too late, or is there still a chance to get this damn account? or any account for that matter????

also, someone mentioned interest being higher with internet banking, is this applicable for HSBC...do they even have internet banking?

ReputationRep:
    At the moment i have given the SLC the account number of a simple bank account i own. i hav opened a HSBC account but have heard NOTHING from them as yet :confused: im worried the 1st payment may go into the account that i hav given details for...can i change the details after the 1st payment has gone in? HSBC say that you can only hav a student account with them, so if the 1st payment of my student loan doesn't go in to their account will they assume i hav another student account and no tlet me open one with them?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by pharm05)
    At the moment i have given the SLC the account number of a simple bank account i own. i hav opened a HSBC account but have heard NOTHING from them as yet :confused: im worried the 1st payment may go into the account that i hav given details for...can i change the details after the 1st payment has gone in? HSBC say that you can only hav a student account with them, so if the 1st payment of my student loan doesn't go in to their account will they assume i hav another student account and no tlet me open one with them?
    You can change your bank details after your first paymnt. And HSBC will be fine about the first payment not going there, as they haven't told you your bank details soi you have no other choice. And it can't be against the T&Cs as some people don't get a loan

ReputationRep:
    Guess what? I went into HSBC yesterday to ask where the hell my card and PIN are, and they hadn't even been ordered for me!

ReputationRep:
    hey although i thought they'd take aaggggeess i got a letter from HSBC today giving me my account number n sort code n they sed my pin, card etc will b coming soon. so hopefully il b able to start ordering my cds soon 2! hopefully when ur bank order them for u they wnt take too long to arrive

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the natwest helpline phone number for the railcard enquires which is on the welcome pack thing, as i havent yet received my railcard..(rep available). thanks

ReputationRep:
    go into the branch and ask them. I got mins within the 10days.

Only problem i have had is they lost my cashcard so waiting for a new one

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which bank is doing the free railcard for 2006 student accounts?
    thanx for any help

ReputationRep:
    I thiink it's NatWest, but they won't be offering it until around late May/June time... if you get a student account with them now you won't get anything!

ReputationRep:
    Lol right, ill wait then! thanx!

ReputationRep:
    hey all,
    Does anyone know what the best thing to do for EU students is? I'm starting Uni in September, and would like to get my finances sorted... but have been on most bank websites and they only offer accounts to home students!
    What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I checked these banks accounts again. I was talking crap so ignore this post.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.