This forum Watch

This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Does anyone else find that there are so many high posters and so many members on the forum that it's hard to keep up with all the new posts?
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
Does anyone else find that there are so many high posters and so many members on the forum that it's hard to keep up with all the new posts?
agrees
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea
Perplexed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I only look at threads which seem interesting, so it's not so much of a problem.
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It's very hard to catch up when you're involved in a post and you pop out and then when you come back there's about 10 moer pages of writing!
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by gemgems89)
It's very hard to catch up when you're involved in a post and you pop out and then when you come back there's about 10 moer pages of writing!
Especially with people like SIre who post 70posts + a day!!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tommypip)
agrees
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by tommypip)
my average is 50 a day
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I'm used to posting on boards with 200 000 members+, so nope.
LPK
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
agrees
say something else!!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
say something else!!
agrees
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Yeah its a bit too busy for me. Its very adictive as well. Its funny how a probably low budget forum like this can get so much much traffic. Yet somthing like Studentuk.com is a very high profile site but the message boards are always dead.

I think this place is so busy because all the threads are automaticly indexed onto google. Its how I found it.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
agrees
Less of the one-worders please. They sure do increase the number of posts doesn't it.
tommypip
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Less of the one-worders please. They sure do increase the number of posts doesn't it.
agrees.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Yeah its a bit too busy for me. Its very adictive as well. Its funny how a probably low budget forum like this can get so much much traffic. Yet somthing like Studentuk.com is a very high profile site but the message boards are always dead.

I think this place is so busy because all the threads are automaticly indexed onto google. Its how I found it.
The forum has really expanded. In fact a little while ago, I got more of those "server is busy" messges.
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Wait what are we talking about here?
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)

agrees.
anon2
Report 15 years ago
Does any1 know when this forum was started?
Or when you started using it and why, I just started using it and at first i thought it was one of those post school related questions places.
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the forum at the moment gets 1600+ posts a day, the only method of being able to keep up with all the new posts would be to divide it up into sub forums but whenever we do this we get lynched,.

i think soon it will be absolutly necessary before it implodes upon itslef
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kem_istry)
Does any1 know when this forum was started?
Or when you started using it and why, I just started using it and at first i thought it was one of those post school related questions places.
febuary 2001
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (286)
27.24%
No (764)
72.76%

Watched Threads