Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find that there are so many high posters and so many members on the forum that it's hard to keep up with all the new posts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serendipity)
    Does anyone else find that there are so many high posters and so many members on the forum that it's hard to keep up with all the new posts?
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    yea

ReputationRep:
    I only look at threads which seem interesting, so it's not so much of a problem.

ReputationRep:
    It's very hard to catch up when you're involved in a post and you pop out and then when you come back there's about 10 moer pages of writing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    It's very hard to catch up when you're involved in a post and you pop out and then when you come back there's about 10 moer pages of writing!
    Especially with people like SIre who post 70posts + a day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    my average is 50 a day

ReputationRep:
    I'm used to posting on boards with 200 000 members+, so nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    agrees
    say something else!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    say something else!!
    agrees

ReputationRep:
    Yeah its a bit too busy for me. Its very adictive as well. Its funny how a probably low budget forum like this can get so much much traffic. Yet somthing like Studentuk.com is a very high profile site but the message boards are always dead.

I think this place is so busy because all the threads are automaticly indexed onto google. Its how I found it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    agrees
    Less of the one-worders please. They sure do increase the number of posts doesn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Less of the one-worders please. They sure do increase the number of posts doesn't it.
    agrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yeah its a bit too busy for me. Its very adictive as well. Its funny how a probably low budget forum like this can get so much much traffic. Yet somthing like Studentuk.com is a very high profile site but the message boards are always dead.

I think this place is so busy because all the threads are automaticly indexed onto google. Its how I found it.
    The forum has really expanded. In fact a little while ago, I got more of those "server is busy" messges.

ReputationRep:
    Wait what are we talking about here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)

agrees.

ReputationRep:
    Does any1 know when this forum was started?
    Or when you started using it and why, I just started using it and at first i thought it was one of those post school related questions places.

ReputationRep:
    the forum at the moment gets 1600+ posts a day, the only method of being able to keep up with all the new posts would be to divide it up into sub forums but whenever we do this we get lynched,.

i think soon it will be absolutly necessary before it implodes upon itslef

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kem_istry)
    Does any1 know when this forum was started?
    Or when you started using it and why, I just started using it and at first i thought it was one of those post school related questions places.
    febuary 2001

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.