workerbee87
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hi everyone,

I have been offered a position at both BDO and KPMG and was wondering which everyone would choose? i felt that there was a nicer atmosphere at BDO and its a much bigger office where I live, but obviously KPMG is big four so I dont know what to do! Help!
Steffy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Kpmg
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Steffy)
Kpmg
Why's that Steffy? :p:

KPMG is better. It's a bigger firm and will have more opportunities for you in your career.
theis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I don't see why anyone would want to work at BDO if they had a job offer from one of the big 4.
Ellsbells3032
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
It depends what you want. If you want something high but with lots of oppunrtunity then go for KPMG, if you want something a bit slower and calmer etc then go for BDO. Also consider the size of the offices. If the BDO office is bigger will you have more oppurtunities?
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Go with BDO if you liked the atmosphere

You may get better pay and a bit better career prospects at KPMG but you need to be able to enjoy where you work - it isn't all about money

Plus if the KPMG office is smaller than the BDO one you are unlikely to be working on KPMG's top FTSE clients anyway in that city

If you pass all the exams first time and work hard to build up your skills you will have just as good a career as someone who went to KPMG
workerbee87
hmm yeah it is hard!! the reason i am still considering bdo is in my town its a really big office and i really liked it there when i visited but kpmg obviously looks better and in three years i can always see if there are roles for experienced hires at bdo!! got a pwc assessment tues as well!
edindie
Report 9 years ago
I'd suggest it's down to ambition. Qualifications from the big 4 are more respected and hence will help you if you are ambitious.

I'm not that ambitious and I wish I'd not decided to go with a big 4 firm. I want to qualify as I'm interested in the subject matter, but I'm not bothered about being an FD anywhere.

Big 4 firms are LOTS of work. I want to go home at 6
Cortez
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
BDO is still a big firm to have on your CV anyway (according to wiki/their own site it's 5th largest in the world) so I'd go with BDO if you prefer the office etc.

Really can't see it making that much difference if you go to 5th instead of 1st-4th.
workerbee87
ok so i chose kpmg because it looks really good and i would regret it if i didnt accept a big four firm!!
Nancylii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Higher position
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top