Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Tis a shame.

When you first did another bloke up, did you enjoy it or were you in a relationship first or what?
    That was quick too (quicker than the 5 days with the girl ). Twas ok I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Jeez! You slaaaaaaaaaaaag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    you can't choose whether your baby is gay or not.
    Genetic engineering?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: think that comment means i should go to bed now....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by se77en)
    Haha thats true! why hasnt it been wiped out?!
    The reason homosexuality hasn't been removed by natural-selection, it would be reasonable to assume, is because it does not depend apon your genetic make up at all.

While this argument said something about hormone levels before birth which is kinda of enviromental, I just want to point out that any theory that suggests that genetics determines a trait completely and enviromental influences are non-existant should be regarded as the absolute *******s it is.

ReputationRep:
    Got to laugh at the people giving me neg rep because I'm not an arse bandit...

PS. Nice to know MANlove

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    The reason homosexuality hasn't been removed by natural-selection, it would be reasonable to assume, is because it does not depend apon your genetic make up at all.

While this argument said something about hormone levels before birth which is kinda of enviromental, I just want to point out that any theory that suggests that genetics determines a trait completely and enviromental influences are non-existant should be regarded as the absolute *******s it is.

Oh dear. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you might like to explain how a person's sex (male or female) is determined other than completely genetically?

There are other examples of purely genetic traits not influenced by environment - but I'll keep it simple for you. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    There are other examples of purely genetic traits not influenced by environment - but I'll keep it simple for you. :rolleyes:
    Of course I was expecting people to ignore the blindingly obvious things that are irrefutably genetic traits, as there is no need to make theories about them, and if you're going to flame perhaps you stop being a ******?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spoonofdeath)
    Of course I was expecting people to ignore the blindingly obvious things that are irrefutably genetic traits, as there is no need to make theories about them, and if you're going to flame perhaps you stop being a ******?
    Ah so you accept that "any theory that suggests that genetics determines a trait completely and enviromental influences are non-existant should be regarded as the absolute *******s it is" - was in fact itself the utter *****s! There are of course many examples of this.

Why then is it impossible that homosexuality is another such trait? Don't let your prejudice get in the way of sound and rational thinking otherwise you will just end up being ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, aren't you witty? MANLove? ho ho ho...no!

My conclusion to this case is that, those with prejudice are deeply insecure and need to see a doctor with regards to their sexual inclinations! They also need to go read some homosexual-related literature etc...

Question: If homosexuality is "created" by different social situations, and is decided by the person. Why on earth do so many young lads/lasses commit suicide every year because they find themselves so unable to comprehend their emotions and feelings towards the same sex?

Answer: Because these feelings are entirely natural...and they're unable to escape from them, however hard they may try!

Some people make me physically vomit, and to be quite honest, your homophobic views are deeply psychotic, so go join the Nazi party you racist f?ck-wit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seabiscuit)
    Yes, you see - you know the human body. Something tells me that it wasn't made for blokes doing each other up the arse. Something tells me its not quite designed for that and most of the human population over centuries have accepted this except a few who think that just because you want to and not feel ashamed of it - you say its natural and thats that and if you say otherwise - bring on the homophobia/hate crime/victimised crap...
    So you certainly agree that oral sex is unnatural? Can't say that a girl's mouth is designed for sucking a penis given that there are teeth in the way. Oh and the unnatural argument is flawed:

Are you totally against abortion?
    Are you totally against IVF treatment?
    Do you always walk when travelling?
    Look, you had to read to respond to the post, that's not natural either.
    Are you for cannabilism given that the rest of the animal kingdom do it so it must be natural?
    Cross-breeding occurs in the animal kingdom and can be thus argued as natural, would you label a human cross-bred with a monkey as natural?
    I suppose you also only have sex for reproductive purposes given that anything else would not be natural. :rolleyes:
    I take it you would hate for your girlfriend to 'swallow' given that the fluid is not meant to go there too.
    Oh and condoms are unnatural, just ask Catholics.
    What about cooking? If we wanted to be properly natural just eat meat raw off the bone like lions do.

Next time you open your mouth try giving it some thought instead of coming up with arguments that babies can work out or go back to school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    So you certainly agree that oral sex is unnatural? Can't say that a girl's mouth is designed for sucking a penis given that there are teeth in the way. Oh and the unnatural argument is flawed:

Are you totally against abortion?
    Are you totally against IVF treatment?
    Do you always walk when travelling?
    Look, you had to read to respond to the post, that's not natural either.
    Are you for cannabilism given that the rest of the animal kingdom do it so it must be natural?
    Cross-breeding occurs in the animal kingdom and can be thus argued as natural, would you label a human cross-bred with a monkey as natural?
    I suppose you also only have sex for reproductive purposes given that anything else would not be natural. :rolleyes:
    I take it you would hate for your girlfriend to 'swallow' given that the fluid is not meant to go there too.
    Oh and condoms are unnatural, just ask Catholics.
    What about cooking? If we wanted to be properly natural just eat meat raw off the bone like lions do.

Next time you open your mouth try giving it some thought instead of coming up with arguments that babies can work out or go back to school.
    Very well said. Top Post.

ReputationRep:
    Applause for Ndgaarondi, well said.

Ahem, anyway. I'm a heterosexual woman, and I would have absolutely no problem with any of my children (male or female) being gay. However, I don't feel that I *could* make that choice for them, I would ask doctors to just do it randomly and then tell me. In general, I don't feel that anybody has the right to insult the sexual preferences of anyone else because you are insulting a fundamental aspect of that person, and it can be extremely hurtful. For me, its just as bad as racism.

I also believe that homosexual people can have a "normal" life, inasmuch as heterosexual people can. Big white house, partner, kids, it can all be done. Why do people waste their time hating the practice of homosexuality *so* vehemently, when it isn't hurting anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    Applause for Ndgaarondi, well said.

Ahem, anyway. I'm a heterosexual woman, and I would have absolutely no problem with any of my children (male or female) being gay. However, I don't feel that I *could* make that choice for them, I would ask doctors to just do it randomly and then tell me. In general, I don't feel that anybody has the right to insult the sexual preferences of anyone else because you are insulting a fundamental aspect of that person, and it can be extremely hurtful. For me, its just as bad as racism.

I also believe that homosexual people can have a "normal" life, inasmuch as heterosexual people can. Big white house, partner, kids, it can all be done. Why do people waste their time hating the practice of homosexuality *so* vehemently, when it isn't hurting anyone?
    Exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself

I shall be repping you when I can

ReputationRep:
    Should I expect a reply from Seabiscuit?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, no I think he's been crushed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    Haha, no I think he's been crushed
    Oh crumbs. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hey give me ur detail when i got caught i want you to be my lawyer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ataloss)
    Why then is it impossible that homosexuality is another such trait? Don't let your prejudice get in the way of sound and rational thinking otherwise you will just end up being ignorant.
    I think my point was it's not sound and rational to completely ignore enivormental effects on things that (imo) are caused by how your mind is wired up. [Given that enviormental effects obviously do rewire the brain given it's how we learn]

[edit] I and really don't see how I'm being prejudice in anyway whatsoever. [/edit]

ReputationRep:
    I think this thread proves that a lack of education and intelligence is responsible for prejudice. Just looking at the GCSE results of 'Seabiscuit' - oh dear.

If the male body wasn't designed for arse sex, why does the male species have the g-spot up the jacksy?

I personally like nothing better than sticking my wonker into a man-fan!
    I was getting quite wound up by some peoples' narrow-mindedness until I read that - thanks!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.