The Student Room Group

throwing out all my belongings, a simple life

Scroll to see replies

bananacake14
Good luck :P
You should watch Into The Wild!

yeh 'cos living with a laptop phone and 7 pains of jeans is comparable with into the wild....
Reply 21
what you gonna bruch your teeth with genius
jimface!
what you gonna bruch your teeth with genius

He could "Bruch" with a bruch?
If I ignore you needing a phone, laptop and such...

HellofromMars
all I need to live
bla bla bla...
1 necklace

A necklace? :lolwut:
Step outside. Note the temperature. Note how you now only have shirts. Realise you are an idiot.

Its a foolish idea. And as others have said how is having a laptop and a phone still leading a simple life?!
Reply 25
What's wrong with having a laptop in your simple life? For an educated individual it is more like a super advanced library card of some sort than anything else. Meanwhile, have a look here as well: http://earlyretirementextreme.com/2008/11/how-to-live-out-of-a-suitcas.html
This whole thread made me LOL...I love my luxuries. I earned them!!
HellofromMars
all I need to live

a warm jacket
10 white t shirts
7 pairs of jeans
3 pairs of shoes,
14 pairs of socks, all same colour
14 pairs of underwear, all same colour
1 necklace

Razor blades.
Bar of soap.
razor. electric one also
shaving foam.
Towels.
Nail cutting set. Sponge.

Pen and paper.

Mobile phone.

Notepad to write stuff down.

A laptop.

What do you think. As long as Im clean and hygienic what does it matter ?

It does make things simpler, I live in rented accommodation and often move from one place to another at the end of the year, and I don't drive so I have to have my life relatively "mobile" where I can pack everything up into a couple of bags. I have more books, dvds etc which I keep at my Mums but don't have them with me all the time.

It actually stops you buying junk you don't need, if you think "hmmm where will I put it, and how will I transport it when I move..."

It hardly means you are living a Spartan life, if you have good clothes, a laptop and mobile phone you can participate fully in modern society, a lot of the extra stuff people have is just, well....stuff.
HellofromMars

paper.

Notepad to write stuff down.

same thing, innit.
Reply 29
Why?
Reply 30
o yer forgot the toothbursh
Hmm i guess you then want Wifi and power?
Whats the reason for wanting to do this? :smile:
Simplistic and minimalist....... but i think you'd get tired of wearing the same stuff :p:
Reply 33
Lose the laptop and phone, pick up drums, matches and flares.
Reply 34
Paper AND a notepad?
Who's paying for all this?
Reply 36
i like the idea of getting rid of loads of stuff cos it's not really stuff you need but you should have stuff like books or sports equipment cos you need to have hobbies and photos are good!!! you dont need 10 white tshirts tho lol, if you moved to a hot country you'd need even less clothes
Reply 37
More like a paedo life...

:perv:
Wow. You make the Amish look like Tokyoites.
The_Musty_Piglet
yeh 'cos living with a laptop phone and 7 pains of jeans is comparable with into the wild....

He might enjoy it that's all! Plus if he didn't have a laptop how else would he watch it? :P

Latest

Trending

Trending