Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im always changing my mind whether i want to go to UNI! I know i will find it hard and challenging but im also aware that im able work hard and know how much degrees mean in todays world.

I have told my forum tutor, I dont want to go to UNI. But after talking to people at UNI i really have the urge to discover the challenge and social aspects of UNI

My GCSES grades are not the best(Bs, C, D, and E :eek: ) but my AS im predicted BBC. Is it enough to be accepted by UNIs? One of my main fears is that i get rejected from all my choices?

What are your thoughts?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    What subject are you thinking of? Your grades are certainly sufficient to get you into a mid-ranking uni, but it does depend a bit on the subject you want.

ReputationRep:
    You can still persue higher education without going to uni (for example apprenticeships http://www.apprenticeships.org.uk/)
    with BBC you can get into studying things like chemistry and A BEng at Bath university (just some random examples) so you can still get into universities with those grades. Some universities even work on points (engineering at loughborough is one example) so the actual grades in certain subjects wouldn't matter as long as you had the correct total of points (B is 100 points and C is 80 points so if u get BBC you wud have 280 points)

ReputationRep:
    I want to do Information Technology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas123)
    I want to do Information Technology.
    yeh just go for it, loads of my friends have lower grades than you do but have still applied and have got offers, but you may not to able to go to the best. However with BBC theres loads of places that are under-rated but still good where u can apply e.g. Lancaster, Leicester, Royal Holloway etc

ReputationRep:
    Here's a link to the UCAS course search for IT: http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...rd=IT&single=N

Just having a quick look through, there are plenty of universities which require BBC or lower, so you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Your A-levels and GCSEs will be taken into consideration, but A-levels would be looked on more. Furthermore, when making offers, the admissions tutor will look at your personal statement and reference along with your AS grades and A2 predicted grades. If you have 5 GCSEs including Maths or English, or GCSE maths and english at grade C or above along with your predicted A-level grades BBC, you should be fine, as there are a number of universities that have those grade offers.

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably need to resit English and maybe maths if you didn't get Cs in those, but I don't think GCSEs are that important really except at the top universities, and there are plenty of places that will accept BBC.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.