Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell.

Not very popular :confused:

ReputationRep:
    All i've heard is that it is in a bad area.

ReputationRep:
    postgrad cums to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    All i've heard is that it is in a bad area.

But it is fair priced and all rooms are en-suite.

*Trying to comfort myself with happy thoughts. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellomoto)
    But it is fair priced and all rooms are en-suite.

*Trying to comfort myself with happy thoughts. lol

True. Once your in the building its fine, its just getting there that's the problem. I've been to south london only once and i will never go again (apart from Wimbledon, Richmond etc of course).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    True. Once your in the building its fine, its just getting there that's the problem. I've been to south london only once and i will never go again (apart from Wimbledon, Richmond etc of course).
    Ok.

Do you know if the rooms are nice?

Or, if the people staying within the accomodation are cool?

ReputationRep:
    Ok.

Do you know if the rooms are nice?

Or, if the people staying within the accomodation are cool?

I understand they are nicer than a fair few other halls.

ReputationRep:
    I am nice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sofie Hogestol)
    I am nice
    great

ReputationRep:
    great
    Looking forward to meeting all of you. I've heard more negatives than positives about GDS. Are you guys postgrad or undergrad? I'll be entering MSC Eco History and really want to have fun while studying, I think we can make GDS better than what everyone expects....just gotta get the parties started earlier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjkara)
    Looking forward to meeting all of you. I've heard more negatives than positives about GDS. Are you guys postgrad or undergrad? I'll be entering MSC Eco History and really want to have fun while studying, I think we can make GDS better than what everyone expects....just gotta get the parties started earlier!
    I'm an older Undergrad.

Lets definitely have some fun! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm an older Undergrad.

Lets definitely have some fun! :cool:
    Count me in!

ReputationRep:
    How far is GDS from LSE by:
    Walking _____________
    Tube _______________
    Bus ________________

Thanks?

ReputationRep:
    Also, if I am in a full yr MSc course, which runs Oct 1 (2005) to Sept 30 (2006), is that actually covered within the 40 weeks or will I be out of my place before the end of my program?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rjkara)
    Also, if I am in a full yr MSc course, which runs Oct 1 (2005) to Sept 30 (2006), is that actually covered within the 40 weeks or will I be out of my place before the end of my program?!
    That is not correct, you have to be in London only until Early July when the accommodation finishes.

ReputationRep:
    Check this out:

http://www.breaksinlondon.co.uk/gdsfaq.htm

It is actually quite nice!

ReputationRep:
    One warning, if you are used to hot environments be careful with the heaters. If I am not wrong they only work when the temperature is behind 16ºC, therefore some nights can be very cold, because if you switch it on manually it only works for one hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londo)
    One warning, if you are used to hot environments be careful with the heaters. If I am not wrong they only work when the temperature is behind 16ºC, therefore some nights can be very cold, because if you switch it on manually it only works for one hour.
    Thanx.

Do you know if everyone at GDS is from the LSE? Or is it a mix, if so... who does this mix consist of?

Did you have good times there? i.e. House-parties?

ReputationRep:
    I have said this many times, but let me be clear. Great Dover is known as "The Jail" and I am not joking. I remember a very funny thing, there was a poster in the residence asking for the freedom of some people in some place, it said "Freedom for the prisoners" and somebody added" of Great Dover St".

The fact that security is so though and that you can not enter in other courts makes very difficult this sort of parties, etc... the TV room is tiny and that does not help. There is not common room, the Atlas bar is the most similar thing but again it is a bar, and many people do not feel at home in a bar as if there were in their own common room.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 20, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.