Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Our SL class had bad results during this examination session.

Of 17 people:
    4 got 4
    5 got 3
    8 got 2

Our HL classes in our school did better though (being taught by the same teacher).

The results of the class on average had been at least two grades higher on the mock and whilst doing class work based on the IB (also IA).

Has anyone else doing Physics SL gotten rotten results this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flyer)
    Our SL class had bad results during this examination session.

Of 17 people:
    4 got 4
    5 got 3
    8 got 2

Our HL classes in our school did better though (being taught by the same teacher).

The results of the class on average had been at least two grades higher on the mock and whilst doing class work based on the IB (also IA).

Has anyone else doing Physics SL gotten rotten results this year?
    My school forced me to take physics sl as an extra subject. I got a 2 and thus wasn´t awarded the certificate. Hated that class and never paid attention.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by dan_iel_2000)
    My school forced me to take physics sl as an extra subject. I got a 2 and thus wasn´t awarded the certificate. Hated that class and never paid attention.
    deserve all you got then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charco)
    deserve all you got then
    yes I did. I didn´t want the certificate but my school made us take the classes so we could be awarded with the Brazilian Diploma. You need to take physics to recieve this. Some people in my class wanted the certificate and got 5´s and 4´s.

I don´t really mind though because 37 on the diploma means more to me and is what gets me into college!

ReputationRep:
    If you got 37 you would be allowed one failing condition anyway, and would still get the diploma with a 2 in physics.

ReputationRep:
    most people in my IB SL physics class got either 6 or 7, and we had the most corrupest teacher ever.

ReputationRep:
    i got a 4 without really studying or paying much attention.
    i was prolly one of the worst students in my class so i guess everybody passed in my school.

ReputationRep:
    I also got a 4 for my physics. I was supposed to get a 6, though I just didn't pay that much attention in studying, I was more focused on economics, because I just hate the economics they give in IB, everything is very superficial, and I don't really like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radium)
    I also got a 4 for my physics. I was supposed to get a 6, though I just didn't pay that much attention in studying, I was more focused on economics, because I just hate the economics they give in IB, everything is very superficial, and I don't really like it.
    I liked the ib economics course (hl), but then again, I have nothing to compare it to so who knows?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FurbyMaX)
    I liked the ib economics course (hl), but then again, I have nothing to compare it to so who knows?
    i dont, expecially the damn paper 3!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think paper 3 for economics saved my life, I did so well in it compared to p1 and p2 where I had no flipping clue what they wanted.

And response to FurbyMaX: last year I went for a week to the university I'm going to and I learned some cool stuff about economics, way much better than at school, though its harder, but very interesting and keeps you in the mood of studying whereas in school, its only theory theory and theory, barely no real life examples are given. But thats me, some people have other opinions.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.