Turn on thread page Beta

Now do people see the difference between terrorism and say the war in Iraq? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    Poll is done. But I managed to accidentally copy it wrong and miss out an I but message has been dispatched to the mods to ask them to sort it.

And you seem to apply that a subjective decision based on what most people think was significant yet I personally have trouble with the idea that this varies from place to place. This is more my unwillingness to accept there are no such things as universal morals tho. I realise there aren't but the world would be easier if there were.
    Well it may vary - but I think in most cultures deliberate killing and accidental killing are never on the same plane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Well it may vary - but I think in most cultures deliberate killing and accidental killing are never on the same plane.
    Indeed, is material breach telling us he doesnt see a difference between the terrorists that killed 37 londoners and our own government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Indeed, is material breach telling us he doesnt see a difference between the terrorists that killed 37 londoners and our own government?
    Please explain what is the OBJECTIVE MORAL difference between the two?

Have you actually read the last two pages, as you would realise this is not what I said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by material breach)
    Please explain what is the OBJECTIVE MORAL difference between the two?

Have you actually read the last two pages, as you would realise this is not what I said.
    You havent made anything clear, which is why Im asking.

Do you see a difference between the terrorists that killed 37 londoners and our own government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz)
    The contrast with civilian deaths in Iraq couldnt be more stark.
    It would be more stark for me if you explained how the Iraqi civilians died and why they died.

[Nice line, laughed, grow the f*** up, ya got me]

ReputationRep:
    Are we simply discussing the war on terror or can we broaden the debate, which essentially seems to be about the distinction between state and non state terror? If talking about iraq can we discuss American actions pre-2003?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masonne)
    Are we simply discussing the war on terror or can we broaden the debate, which essentially seems to be about the distinction between state and non state terror? If talking about iraq can we discuss American actions pre-2003?
    Sure.

In fact that is sor tof the point.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.