Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had my 6th form introduction today, and during my French lesson, another French tacher came in and said to my teacher "J'ai deux cons dans ma classe!" and then carried on speaking too quickly for me to understand.

They both went down the corridor and came back with two year 8 boys, I couldn't believe that what I thought I heard was true!

Am I right in thinking that "cons" is a very offensive swear word, which in my book of foreign insults is the equivalent to "c u next tuesday"? :eek:

Anyone else witnessed teachers talking about students this way? It's hilarious. I didn't laugh today because I was so shocked lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    I had my 6th form introduction today, and during my French lesson, another French tacher came in and said to my teacher "J'ai deux cons dans ma classe!" and then carried on speaking too quickly for me to understand.

They both went down the corridor and came back with two year 8 boys, I couldn't believe that what I thought I heard was true!

Am I right in thinking that "cons" is a very offensive swear word, which in my book of foreign insults is the equivalent to "c u next tuesday"? :eek:

Anyone else witnessed teachers talking about students this way? It's hilarious. I didn't laugh today because I was so shocked lol!
    Con is not nearly as offensive as the English equivalent. This song , by Georges Brassens, was scandalous in 1956, but not now.

http://membres.lycos.fr/textesbrassens/marinette.html

The noun connerie, is commonly used to mean stupidity, although it literally means c*n*ishness!

Imagine how impressed the French were with the first James Bond film, starring Sean Connery!

Aitch

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha, the teacher probably didn't think you'd understand. Ha!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garethDT)
    Am I right in thinking that "cons" is a very offensive swear word
    It means idiot.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.