Turn on thread page Beta

Sleeping Problem! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty)
    Woohoo - I managed to live passed six months! *dances*
    I said 'about' six months.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that happened to me all the time when I was a kid. Hasn't happened for ages now...

ReputationRep:
    And then suddenly, it strikes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Fox)
    I said 'about' six months.
    Well, either way, wherever you got your information from, they're wrong - I've been doing this for years and years. I mean like about four or five years, so yeah, not dead yet - but out of curiosity, why do you think that is the case?

ReputationRep:
    its nothing serious...its to do with the brain still thinking were dreaming so it 'paralises' the body to stop it from moving during sleep...
    meh...got it from a website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GiBB)
    its nothing serious...its to do with the brain still thinking were dreaming so it 'paralises' the body to stop it from moving during sleep...
    meh...got it from a website
    Not according to Mr Fox it isn't - I'm going to die :eek:

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty)
    Well, either way, wherever you got your information from, they're wrong - I've been doing this for years and years. I mean like about four or five years, so yeah, not dead yet - but out of curiosity, why do you think that is the case?
    Because I'm joking, of course.

Although over five hundred people have died in that exact same way...

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm joking, of course.

Although over five hundred people have died in that exact same way...
    How exactly do they know they died of that, though?

ReputationRep:
    My sister had that happen to her once, and we were really freaked out about it until we heard about the sleep paralysis thing. I don't remember how long ago it was, so she'll be dieing any day now.:rolleyes: She also had a hallucination of a guy in a beret. I don't know how that happened.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it called "sleep terrors"??

I get em...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get that, sounds really scary though. I do get this thing where i feel like i'm falling when i'm asleep though, that's not nice. xx

ReputationRep:
    yeah that would be called sleep paralysis its basically where your brain wakes up but your body doesnt, perfectly natural

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SW)
    Isn't it called "sleep terrors"??

I get em...
    I've had them.. really horrible..

never happened to me

but there are times when i've been dreaming and i know i'm dreaming...but i don't wake my self up usually

ReputationRep:
    just me then :blushing: maybe i should be worried... i wake up and my arm's all dead and i think "blimey what's that?" so i lift it up to have a look and then hit myself in the face. or maybe i should learn not to sleep on my own arm.

anyway, poor all of you for having sleep paralysis. that sounds pretty scary actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tatty)
    How exactly do they know they died of that, though?
    Autopsy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    I've had them.. really horrible..
    I need to correct myself... I think it might be "night terrors"!

Whatever it is... it's not nice...

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it means you'll die within about six months.
    i used to have it a lot when i was little.. still alive though :rolleyes:

anyway, poor all of you for having sleep paralysis. that sounds pretty scary actually.
    there's a name for it?.. *searches on google*

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me once, but I could only move my head very very slowly. I thought I was still dreaming though, maybe I was awake after all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    I don't get that, sounds really scary though. I do get this thing where i feel like i'm falling when i'm asleep though, that's not nice. xx
    I get that, too - when I'm drifting off to sleep I suddenly have this sense of 'pulling' like I'm falling, but then I jerk awake really violently. I keep jumping in my sleep recently.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.