The Student Room Group

Do black people feel colder?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Eveiebaby
Black person>>>> Black people are designed to lose heat to keep cool. Our hair is very very curly and you can get more air around each strand to help the sweat evaporate off the scalp more when it's hot. The increased surface area of our very curly hair helps to provide a bigger evaporative area which cools faster. It wont stick to our head. We have a different fat distribution over our bodies; We have more fat in our buttocks and legs on average and less periheral fat under the skin. That is why the men and women appear more muscular and why I dont have to work that hard in the gym to get definition. I am not more muscular there is just less fat over the majority of my body.

Fat is an insulator and you white people can keep warmer coz you white ppl have cute little hands and feet. We black people have bigger hands and feet and like desert foxes have bigger extremities to lose excess heat. The foxes have big ears and the arctic foxes have very small ears.
White people have narrow noses to stop the air cooling too much on it's way to the lungs to lower respiratory diseases and hypothermia risk. Us black people have wider noses which allows for easier heat loss. We are built to lose not conserve heat. I warm up very slowly after being in the cold.

My white boyfriend also gets cold very easily but thats because he has hardly fat at all and isnt as well insulated as an average white person.

White people are white because the sunlight is lower up ere in the north hemisphere. Being light skinned allows the sun to permeate the skin easier (thats why gingers burn coz they have very little pigment) and they can absorb vitamin d for strengthening bones. black people cant absorb so much from the sun and can suffer in the winter from vit d deficiency, but are fine when it's sunny.

I hate the cold. I feel like I dont want to go out because it makes me feel ill. My fingers and my toes go numb even when the heating is on and I have a cough and a cold at the same time at the mo.

There are exceptions to the rule when black people have some white characteristics and white people some black (i.e, black people who have a more even fat deposition etc). The relationship between race and heat adaptability isnt cut or dry but more linear. It is more about if you have more of those heat saving features. Also Spaniards and mediterranean people might feel the cold less than black people but more than the swedes as the spaniards mixed more with the people of northern africa and inherited some traits.

That was fascinating, and exactly the kind of answer I was looking for! Have some rep :smile:
Reply 81
Nathaaaan
I like how this thread attracts all the people who think blacks are genetically better.

There will always be one jackass in a thread like this.

Well done.
+ polarity -

It's not that I'm not proud, as I mentioned last night, I love *******. It's just that my aura of mystery is slowly being eroded. Soon, people will know my name, and what university I go to... then there'll be no escape. :K:

You might want to edit your profile :facepalm:
Reply 83
brushless-man

Its clearly the environment your in, damm only if michael jackson was alive we could ask him

That would raise a lot of drama! Lol!!!
Reply 84
Nathaaaan
I like how this thread attracts all the people who think blacks are genetically better.

Isn't it the other way around, isn't it supposed to be the whites who are genetically better. isn't that, well, what HISTORY says???? e.g - Hitler.:frown:
i think you need to shut up and remember that the world wasn't always this civil. People didn't really have the chance to discuss harmless issues like this. And as for the comment... well, i think you have been living in the "Noughts & Crosses" world. :rolleyes:
Reply 85
lol not another black post!
get off our cocks!!
we are human you know!
Not true. I'm quite used to it.
Reply 87
ShayCamp
Isn't it the other way around, isn't it supposed to be the whites who are genetically better. isn't that, well, what HISTORY says???? e.g - Hitler.:frown:
i think you need to shut up and remember that the world wasn't always this civil. People didn't really have the chance to discuss harmless issues like this. And as for the comment... well, i think you have been living in the "Noughts & Crosses" world. :rolleyes:

Well why should we start treating other races better than us when they are asking for equality. Equality means being equal, not them being better. Why do black people always have a chip on their shoulder?
puma21
sorry that is the most ridiculous statement i have heard all day. Black (brown) skin is no thinker than white skin, it is just that there is more pigmentation. To the swimming statement let me educate you it is just enviromental for a black person not to swim as black people in general do not like getting their hair wet.

no its not to do with their hair its to do with their muscle fibre makeup which makes the good runners but too buoyant to be able to be top swimmers
+ polarity -

Spoiler

:perv: Gotcha secret :shh:

They probably feel colder, because it is ******* cold. I feel cold in the summer :sad:
Alex003
lol not another black post!
get off our cocks!!
we are human you know!

:wtf: What does that have to do with the human race? OP was asking a pretty valid question tbh.
Reply 91
shutup
Alex003
shutup

You forgot to quote me, babez :colondollar: Keep up.
Reply 93
Alex003

we are human you know!

or are we dancers?
Reply 94
Alex003
shutup

Whats your problem?
Reply 95
Shake 'n Bake
Have you ever met a black person before?

Yes, what is your point?
Post 89 = Retard ITT
KumakoXsd
Not true. I'm quite used to it.

Errm, unless you are a black person with an east asian person's name of course it wouldnt apply. East asians typically have a similar body fat composition and structure to white people and it's probably of no suprise that the climate is colder and wetter than subsaharan Africa.

Blacks are taller and a bit wider on average and wide, east asians and white people are supposed to be more delicately built.
Nathaaaan

And I guess you are referring to me, huh? I dont think blacks or white are better than each other. just different. Whites are genetically "better" for coping with the cold and swimming, due to their even fat, blacks are better in the heat because we sweat more effectively and have large extremities.

Whites tend to digest milk better than any other race and continue to drink milk throughout their lives whilst many (not all) indian/pakistani/african people are lactose intolerant after the ages of 3/4. Milk isnt very healthy for us to drink, so the UK nutrition messages can be confusing if you arent white.

Obesity affects blacks differently and we can put on more weight with less heart attack risk if we have big a**es, as we carry less weight around the middle than asian and white folk.

Me, I love white folk and asian folk and black folk. I have had relationships with across all those and I'm going to marry my beautiful white boyfriend. You need to stop generalising and saying black people all have a chip on our shoulders. Just stop it with the "them" and "us" language that separates us all. Surely your attitude is a bit racist, no? You seem very over-defensive.
Reply 99
Dude Where's My Username
Post 89 = Retard ITT

How so?

Quick Reply

Latest