Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ST - you haven't answered this thread in 2 hours, yet it says you were last active 20 minutes ago. So again:

You advocate deporting entire populations after the crimes of some who belong to their race. Do you think the entire white population should have been deported from South Africa about 15 years ago (or at any point during from about 1950) then? What about after Sharpeville? If not, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight Talker)
    British born muslim are just muslims who were lucky enough to get parents who came to this country and take carppy jobs for a few years. Nothing special. But their parents should be deported, and hopefully they will follow, if not then so what?! A few muslims won't make a bad difference.
    Again, not all Muslims are foreigners. I know plenty of English people, i.e. "white" who are Muslims. What do you suggest we do to them?

They go round out country in their ridiculous outfits.
    Last time I checked Britain was a free country.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I have just logged in, I think possibly I wasnot properly logged out form this morning so that's why it said I was last active 20 minutes ago.

OK thanks for the neg rep by the way, hope it makes you all feel clever, its the only way you can.

Right, for the LAST TIME Tonight Matthew I am refusing to answer your question, not because I have no answer, I do, but because I realise it will probably cause uproar amongst you minions, and also it will just cause even further arguments. Also when I say what I feel, it seems to get misinterpreted in places, and apparently upsets people. I certainly don't intend to hurt peoples feelings, and I have apologised for this. The apology as above does not mean I take any of what I said back, it just means I think I should have put it another way so as not to cause upset. I still hold my beliefs. If you ask me this question again this is just insulting your own intelligence and making you look further foolish.

Next, Zaf, you mention UK is a free country, well apparently it is not. I do not have the right to free speech as I get fiercly targeted for my opinions. Therefore I shall not give you people the pleasure of my insight on things, and looking at things in a different way - you can all follow eachother like little sheep.

Finally MMA, if you could be bothered to read the WHOLE post you will see that I have in fact answered most of your questions. The only one I will elaborate on is -

"What about the Muslims who are born in Britain, have lived in Britain for 40 years and hate terrorism as much as the next person. Are you saying we deport them person because they have the same religion as a few extremists?"

Yes, I feel if they cannot change religion from one where believers feel they have the right to bomb/kill/terrorise this country then there is no place for them here.

I suppose this answer will give you all a bit of excitement in your sad little lives, I guess you have all been eagerly awaiting with bated breathes for me to reply, so you can get an email in your inbox (first one today?) saying that I've replied and you can all rush to see what I've put, so you can criticise, argue, report me to mods and neg rep. Well there you have it.

I also don't think I will waste much more time answering any more questions, so it's probably worth not bothering to ask me any more.

One final thing I need to say. I actually have gained some positive rep from people who agree with what I say. I'm not going to give out names so that you can hound them too, but I thought you'd like to know that it's not just me that has a mind of my own.

Thank you and good evening.

ReputationRep:
    Next, Zaf, you mention UK is a free country, well apparently it is not. I do not have the right to free speech as I get fiercly targeted for my opinions. Therefore I shall not give you people the pleasure of my insight on things, and looking at things in a different way - you can all follow eachother like little sheep.
    Unless you have some information about a law that dictates what kind of clothes people in Britain should wear, everyone is perfectly within their rights to wear what they want - or nothing at all.

I suppose this answer will give you all a bit of excitement in your sad little lives, I guess you have all been eagerly awaiting with bated breathes for me to reply, so you can get an email in your inbox (first one today?) saying that I've replied and you can all rush to see what I've put, so you can criticise, argue, report me to mods and neg rep. Well there you have it.
    Some people really have to get off their high horse :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I certainly don't intend to hurt peoples feelings, and I have apologised for this.
    I suppose this answer will give you all a bit of excitement in your sad little lives
    I also don't think I will waste much more time answering any more questions, so it's probably worth not bothering to ask me any more.
    One for consistency, I see :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMA)
    Put quite simply you are a moron who has not answered one question that has been put to you. You provide no evidence in any of your posts, you clearly lack any knowledge and certainly have no intelligence. I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say come back when you have grown up a little.
    You dont speak for me. While I disagree with the views of Straight Talker, his/her posts are neither personal or malicious. Ive had to report several counts of insults, yours included, that in my opinion are far more of a threat to this forum and good debate, than anyone one persons personal opinion. I dont wish to have to read you and Alexdel telling people they are morons when in fact, ignorance could be most easily defeated with simple, clean argument.

Edit: Its also quite disturbing to see personal opinion met with a warning, but repeated insults go unmentioned.

ReputationRep:

Right, for the LAST TIME Tonight Matthew I am refusing to answer your question, not because I have no answer, I do, but because I realise it will probably cause uproar amongst you minions, and also it will just cause even further arguments. Also when I say what I feel, it seems to get misinterpreted in places, and apparently upsets people. I certainly don't intend to hurt peoples feelings, and I have apologised for this. The apology as above does not mean I take any of what I said back, it just means I think I should have put it another way so as not to cause upset. I still hold my beliefs. If you ask me this question again this is just insulting your own intelligence and making you look further foolish.
    PM me your answer please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna)
    Edit: Its also quite disturbing to see personal opinion met with a warning, but repeated insults go unmentioned.
    I don't think there's much of a distinction between opinions like this and insults. An awful lot of ST's "opinions" could also easily be defined as "insults".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tonight Matthew)
    I don't think there's much of a distinction between opinions like this and insults. The opinions themselves form a serious insult to many, whilst the insults are also personal opinions.
    Do you think that personal opinion, that some people take offence to, should be removed from the site and warned?

Do you think that direct personal insults should be removed from the site and warned?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that personal opinion, that some people take offence to, should be removed from the site and warned?

Do you think that direct personal insults should be removed from the site and warned?
    I don't think either should be removed, really. However I disagree that people should be allowed to pass off blatant insults as opinions. Saying things like "British born muslim are just muslims who were lucky enough to get parents who came to this country and take carppy jobs for a few years. Nothing special. But their parents should be deported, and hopefully they will follow, if not then so what?! A few muslims won't make a bad difference." may be an opinion, but it's also massively insulting to a number of my friends, and thus can be deemed an insult - which can then justifiably be countered with other insults, as childish as they may be.

ReputationRep:
    I would be VERY VERY VERY interested to see a link for that.
    I've tried a few times to find a link for the prgramme, but to no avail. It was at least 2 years ago. This is an interesting link though.
    http://www.subzeroblue.com/archives/001258.html

he has quite a reputation for backing down after hearing names like Liddle, Hitchens and Littlejohn, wouldn't be "constructive" he says; doesn't mind eating little, inexperienced MPs and activists unused to confrontation for breakfast, though.
    When has he refused to go on a programme with any of those people? Littlejohn! Are you kidding? He's not exactly at hitchen's level is he.

Yes, I feel if they cannot change religion from one where believers feel they have the right to bomb/kill/terrorise this country then there is no place for them here.
    Are you also going to deport members of Combatt 18? How come the VAST majority of muslims do not believe their faith entitles them to murder? And what the **** are you talking about muslims coming here and taking crappy jobs? My dad owns three businesses and has created jobs and a public service as well as paying taxes to this government. It's entirely probable he's lived here longer than you have. Mutt.

ReputationRep:
    You dont speak for me. While I disagree with the views of Straight Talker, his/her posts are neither personal or malicious. Ive had to report several counts of insults, yours included, that in my opinion are far more of a threat to this forum and good debate, than anyone one persons personal opinion. I dont wish to have to read you and Alexdel telling people they are morons when in fact, ignorance could be most easily defeated with simple, clean argument.

Vienna you post replies like this for the sake of 'controversy' and trying to be always in the middle of arguments. Your views are not formulated by your brain but by whatever is deemed to cause the most uproar or disagreement between members. You are the ultimate attention seeker who's main objective is to appear in every post....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Its not that she's a right winger - its that shes incredibly arrogant and attacks others who disagree with her for "treason" and the like. Shes a demagogue and an idealogue... she detracts from proper debate and is something akin to a circus clown - entertainment not logic.
    Pretty much spot on. Id simply describe her as the Rights answer to Micheal Moore.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose this answer will give you all a bit of excitement in your sad little lives, I guess you have all been eagerly awaiting with bated breathes for me to reply
    Ooh la la.. :rolleyes:

I don't think there's much of a distinction between opinions like this and insults. An awful lot of ST's "opinions" could also easily be defined as "insults".
    Uhh Matt, the insults are not "opinions" they're verbal abuse directed to ST personally.
    Though ST's remarks may be insulting to some people, they were not directed to anyone in particular.

ST may have left her/himself open to a blitzkrieg, but not the type of infantile personal abuse I've seen here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think either should be removed, really. However I disagree that people should be allowed to pass off blatant insults as opinions. Saying things like "British born muslim are just muslims who were lucky enough to get parents who came to this country and take carppy jobs for a few years. Nothing special. But their parents should be deported, and hopefully they will follow, if not then so what?! A few muslims won't make a bad difference." may be an opinion, but it's also massively insulting to a number of my friends, and thus can be deemed an insult - which can then justifiably be countered with other insults, as childish as they may be.
    Im sure those OPINIONS may be offensive, but the very idea of free speech is that we dont suppress them because some dont like them. Those OPINIONS are directly made toward another person and arent, as far as im aware, meant with any personal malice.

On the other hand, insults and the like, are personal, are malicious and are offensive.

The latter should be removed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    Vienna you post replies like this for the sake of 'controversy'
    Whats controversial about wanting an insult free forum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northumbrian)
    When has he refused to go on a programme with any of those people? Littlejohn! Are you kidding? He's not exactly at hitchen's level is he.
    Peter Hitchens the Mail columnist, who you may have seen on Question Time (with Jane Fonda) a few weeks ago - very conservative, very good at debating and very good at debunking the far left. He is the brother of Christopher Hitchens who you might have assumed I meant.

ReputationRep:
    Im sure those OPINIONS may be offensive, but the very idea of free speech is that we dont suppress them because some dont like them. Those OPINIONS are directly made toward another person and arent, as far as im aware, meant with any personal malice.

On the other hand, insults and the like, are personal, are malicious and are offensive.

The latter should be removed.
    I would class ST's "opinions" as both malicious and offensive. I would also identify "malice". In fact, I think generalising in such a hugely negative way about groups is considerably worse than labelling one person "a moron", which is simply expressing an opinion anyway. At least the "moron"-labelling is actually only commenting on one person, given particular evidence, rather than commenting on an entire race of people, based on very isolated evidence.

I haven't advocated deleting either of them though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Douglas)
    Uhh Matt, the insults are not "opinions" they're verbal abuse directed to ST personally.
    Though ST's remarks may be insulting to some people, they were not directed to anyone in particular.

ST may have left her/himself open to a blitzkrieg, but not the type of infantile personal abuse I've seen here.
    Basically what I said to Vienna. I view ST's comments as far more damaging than a simple "you're a moron", which is itself just an opinion anyway.

As I've said: I advocate deleting neither.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.