Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    serves you right :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    WHO ON EARTH WOULD SAY 'SAFE' as common language?

:confused:
    Can you put this in the safe please? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Yes, very true. Whilst there is also some arogant people in the north, the volume is far higher in the south...
    Oh yeah, there are of course arrogant up their own arse people up up north aswell, I aint tryna make out everyone is friendly (I refer you to Bradford!)!

Just that when I've hung out with students of Leeds and Manchester uni (who are from up North previously) the differences between them and students of some london Uni's and Warwick Uni (who were raised in South) are huge.

I would say southernern students are interested in checking your credentials to make sure if your acceptable to hang wit them, like
    -what do your parents do for a living
    -where do you holiday, is it st tropez darhling
    -what type of school did you attend
    -are you in the latest get up

where as the students up north are far more accepting, your a decent bloke/lass- then your in.

AND YES I AM GENERALISING JUST FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate86)
    Oh yeah, there are of course arrogant up their own arse people up up north aswell, I aint tryna make out everyone is friendly (I refer you to Bradford!)!

Just that when I've hung out with students of Leeds and Manchester uni (who are from up North previously) the differences between them and students of some london Uni's and Warwick Uni (who were raised in South) are huge.

I would say southernern students are interested in checking your credentials to make sure if your acceptable to hang wit them, like
    -what do your parents do for a living
    -where do you holiday, is it st tropez darhling
    -what type of school did you attend
    -are you in the latest get up

where as the students up north are far more accepting, your a decent bloke/lass- then your in.

AND YES I AM GENERALISING JUST FROM MY OWN EXPERIENCES!!!
    Very crass, and rather untrue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Very crass, and rather untrue.
    How is it "untrue" if, AS I CLEARLY STATED, i am only talkin about the people i personally have met?
    If I said every southerner was arrogant, then yes, obviously that is untrue.
    If you want to say every northerner you met was rude, wel I rnt going to say thats unture, because its true in your experience.

Learn to read

ReputationRep:
    You are actually pretty rude, yet you are northern :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You are actually pretty rude, yet you are northern :rolleyes:
    What are you on??
    How is it rude to talk about your own experience then correct some one if they read in to it wrongly? If I was rude, I wouldnt have repeatedly said i am only going on my own experience (SO AS NOT TO OFFEND ALL SOUTHERNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love seeing Kate get really annoyed by Ramroff.

Congratulations Ramroff, you are only 1% behind me.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate86)
    What are you on??
    How is it rude to talk about your own experience then correct some one if they read in to it wrongly? If I was rude, I wouldnt have repeatedly said i am only going on my own experience (SO AS NOT TO OFFEND ALL SOUTHERNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Firstly, are you Northern? Because as a Southener I am very offended by your bigoted views.

Where are your manners, in my life I have met loads of rude, undigified northerners that i wanted to smack, but i kept my thoughts to myself. Please be civil.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, are you Northern? Because as a Southener I am very offended by your bigoted views.

Where are your manners, in my life I have met loads of rude, undigified northerners that i wanted to smack, but i kept my thoughts to myself. Please be civil.
    Have i ever said I wanted to smack a southerner? NO

Why are you offended as I am only talkin about the people I have met, never once have I said "all southerners............."

This is a thread about the differences between Northerners and Southerners. I have added the differences I have experienced and have repeatedly stated they are only specific to my experience. So if you dont want to hear other peoples views, why follow the thread?

ReputationRep:
    You just come across as unbelievably rude, sorry I have no time for you now, I'm off to post in my Southern Society thread (link in sig)
    Bye.

ReputationRep:
    You just come across as unbelievably rude, sorry I have no time for you now, I'm off to post in my Southern Society thread (link in sig)
    Bye.
    If you care to state how i am "unbelievably rude", please do so.
    I fail to see where you get this from

ReputationRep:
    Please see previous post before yours, specifically the second part of the first sentence.
    Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise those of us from the Northern regions of England to join the Northern Society

:flute:

ReputationRep:
    I would advise people to join TSR's SOUTHERN SOCIETY, celebrating CIVILISED culture and diversity

TSR Southern - It's a way of life, not just a society

TSR Southern - It's a Way of Life

ReputationRep:
    hahahahaha. classic.

ReputationRep:
    Miles deals a further blow to TSR Northern, check the thread!

ReputationRep:
    God, the narrow mindedness on this thread is incredible. And I'd just like to point out that I consider the West Country to be a separate area, and not part of the "South" as such.

ReputationRep:
    So when are you claiming independence? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, but we'll join with the Irish, Welsh, Scottish and French in irrationally hating you all when we do.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.