Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    God, the narrow mindedness on this thread is incredible. And I'd just like to point out that I consider the West Country to be a separate area, and not part of the "South" as such.
    hear hear.

ReputationRep:
    Im half french. There's a Paris vs marseille (ok Paris vs the rest) split there!

Actually, I really love Paris and London. The rest of their respective countries, that they drag behind them, sucks.

ReputationRep:
    chirst, i logged off after i posted this thread last night, now it's got 12 pages!!!

ReputationRep:
    well tuck into your seat, start reading, and then join the TSR Southern Society - It's a Way of Life (link in sig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puk2184)
    chirst, i logged off after i posted this thread last night, now it's got 12 pages!!!
    and it started up two brand new societies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    well tuck into your seat, start reading, and then join the TSR Southern Society - It's a Way of Life (link in sig)
    haha, i WOULD but if I was any more northern I'd be scottish!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    and it started up two brand new societies!
    really? haha, so much can happen in so few hours!! better head to the northern society... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    really? haha, so much can happen in so few hours!! better head to the northern society... :rolleyes:
    Join the southerners!

It is your destiny :evil:

ReputationRep:
    ahem

*cue southern society advert*

would advise people to join TSR's SOUTHERN SOCIETY, celebrating CIVILISED culture and diversity

TSR Southern - It's a way of life, not just a society

TSR Southern - It's a Way of Life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    ahem

*cue southern society advert*

would advise people to join TSR's SOUTHERN SOCIETY, celebrating CIVILISED culture and diversity

TSR Southern - It's a way of life, not just a society
    http://www.bakerlite.co.uk/pics/Engl...e-night-12.jpg

http://personalwebs.oakland.edu/%7Ed...Christina1.jpg

http://65.118.246.150/i/u/5063/i/Happy_People_ezr.jpg

TSR Southern - It's a Way of Life
    :rofl: haha! you get rep for that!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dill)
    Cazzi I so know what you mean about all the tourists. I live in the south hams, near Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Dartmouth, don't know if you know of those towns! But anyways, they are right near all the beaches, and the number of tourists is crazy! Especially in Salcombe where nearly all the houses are owned as second homes by annoyingly posh people. Last time I checked out the stats, the population in Winter is about 2000, whereas in Summer it goes up to 20000. It's like a ghost town in Winter because of the Londoners. [email protected]!
    yeh i know them

i like in near newton abbot/exeter so im kinda used to the tourists here in summer its so annoying, esp as theres so many holiday cottages in my village. grrrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naxalite)
    Anything NOT London is up North to me. We tend to look better, more metrosexuals.
    That is one thing that REALLY annoys me about Londoners (yes I know not all of them have that attitude, but many I have met do).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Southerners are definitely scared of northerners! When I'm in Cambridge, if anyone tries to pick a fight, the scouse accent comes out with the "eh eh, ya startin su'tin, ya startin? come ere den, come ed an ill fukin batta ya!" and they run away!

Edit: note that putting on a southern accent will have the opposite effect when having a fight in the north. You will get "fukin batta'd".
    That's classy, really... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by susiemakemeblue)
    That's classy, really... :rolleyes:
    haha piss off. did i say that's my natural accent? no. i said my natural accent is very well spoken english. but i forgot you can't read. go try to bully someone else, this adopted scouser thinks you're too immature to bother with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    haha piss off. did i say that's my natural accent? no. i said my natural accent is very well spoken english. but i forgot you can't read. go try to bully someone else, this adopted scouser thinks you're too immature to bother with.
    Bully? I'm not trying to intimidate you. I'm just expressing my opinion that you're rude, mouthy and intolerant. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Handbags way.

Actually. Keep going. It's amusing.

ReputationRep:
    Londoners are like Americans: they think London is the best thing since sliced bread and don't know of anything that goes on outside the M25.

London is dirty, congested, massively over-priced and over-hyped. Sure it's a big, capital city but that is no excuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie_in_HK)
    Londoners are like Americans: they think London is the best thing since sliced bread and don't know of anything that goes on outside the M25.

London is dirty, congested, massively over-priced and over-hyped. Sure it's a big, capital city but that is no excuse.
    Haha, that's an interesting analogy. I think all developed countried think that way...that their country is the next best thing since sliced bread. They're comfortable, and have everything they want. It's a difference thing to say that perhaps Americans or Londoners are ignorant and perhaps don't really know what's going on in other countries...but truthfully I think that applies more to Americans...sadly. It's only those who live in under-developed countries with a lack of resources and organized societies, that appreciate the little they have and look to the west as a dream and scene out of a movie...completely unimaginable to live in.

ReputationRep:
    Is it true Northerners don't have telephones?

I met a man in a Pub once who was convinced he had "Tin-can o' string"...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.