Turn on thread page Beta

Differences between northerners and southerners? watch

ReputationRep:
    This video will generally explain things

http://rapidshare.de/files/3941426/n...error.avi.html

i don't see or want to know the differance...

why am i here?

ReputationRep:
    watch the video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    This video will generally explain things

http://rapidshare.de/files/3941426/n...error.avi.html
    Haha I saw that,bloody hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    People are less narrow minded in the south, .
    Baaa-hollocks!...less friendly definately though

ReputationRep:
    Where is everyone saying the north/south boundary is by the way?

ReputationRep:
    I have a map, 1 min

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    Southerners are softer (and supposed 'northerners' like geordies, and lowland scots are included in that) although i have to say the further south you go the better looking the people in my experience.
    That's me buggered then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have a map, 1 min
    ever prepared... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    You know what I actually think this north south thing is a load of crap. Yes you have expensive houses down south you also have very expensive houses up north, people are more friendly up north? I am not sure they a lot of people seem friendly down south.

What I will say is that many of my southerner neighbours seem to think they are better than us and are quite stuck up. That might be more due to fact they are young professionals rather than often southerners though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    You know what I actually think this north south thing is a load of crap. Yes you have expensive houses down south you also have very expensive houses up north, people are more friendly up north? I am not sure they a lot of people seem friendly down south.

What I will say is that many of my southerner neighbours seem to think they are better than us and are quite stuck up. That might be more due to fact they are young professionals rather than often southerners though.
    Of course you are right, but it's just a light hearted discussion

ReputationRep:
    Just about a northerner by that map then, probably just on the line by the top of 'E' actually, where'd you get it by the way?

ReputationRep:
    We drew it ourselves, so people that waited to join the northern or southern society could know where they stand :cool:

ReputationRep:
    We drew it ourselves, so people that waited to join the northern or southern society could know where they stand :cool:
    LMAO Sure, because we all know Sheffield is in the south :rolleyes:

As somebody who has never been north of Hertfordshire, I consider your opinions and fantasies automatically void.

I, on the other hand, have been to, and LIVED in both the SE and the North, so I have a more informed insight.

I must say though that this discussion is awfully biased against the SW. All people are really talking about here is a SE-North comparison, ignoring the entire SW, which is a significant chunk of the country.
    Half of the supposed southern characteristics in this thread could not be attributed to Devon or Cornwall thats for sure!
    This thread should instead be entitled "The differences between mancs and Londoners"

My North/South map:

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, beekeepers map is much better, pretty much the boundary I would put.

ReputationRep:
    The generalisations in this thread are astonishing! Having lived in Manchester for 18 years and London for 2 I feel I at least have a feel for the differences, if not between North/South which is too big an area, then between Manchester and London.

1) Southerners are a little more reserved. Where Northerners have a pally up-for-it attitude, it took me a while to really feel 'in' with my Southern friends.

2) Southerners generally look a little better and well-groomed I must admit. On my return to Manchester, when I was walking round the town centre it hit me how many people looked a bit scruffy.

3) Southerners swearing sounds hilarious

4) Southern chippies are awful

Just to throw in Sheffield into the mix, I feel Sheffield does reflect in many ways the Northern stereotype - quite rundown, derelict. Being gay I never feel very comfortable there.

And that's about it really. I'm returning to Manchester to go to uni there since it is a great city, large student population, cheaper nights out etc etc. However after uni I intend to return to London which I have grown to love much - it can feel impersonal but I love the scale, the constant feeling of discovering something new, the city never gets old - it always feels vibrant and alive. Plus I never realised it is possible to go days without rain!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.