Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cazzi_Bear)
    one thing i dont understand, why does everyone come to cornwall and devon on their holidays and destroy all the beautiful moors
    Be harsh on them, zero tolerance for litter

ReputationRep:
    Anything NOT London is up North to me. We tend to look better, more metrosexuals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    Where is Scarborough?
    lol, I'm sure my grandad would give you a "bunch of fives" if he heard you say that... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Where is Scarborough?
    you dont want to know, sh*te hole

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    lol, I'm sure my grandad would give you a "bunch of fives" if he heard you say that... :p:
    LOL :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naxalite)
    Anything NOT London is up North to me. We tend to look better, more metrosexuals.
    Who, Northerners?

ReputationRep:
    Be harsh on them, zero tolerance for litter
    we are already, and they come and fill up our beaches i can never go to the beach in summer cuz its full of tourists! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Lets not pretend millions will be flocking to Croydon for their holidays...
    No Croydon is too good for just a holiday.

Croydon is where people wish to live!

It will soon have the tube. This will make it one of the best connected places on the world (i thought twice before typing that but thought it was accurate!)
    It will have excellent trams, buses (millions), train (20 mins from london bridge and 2 stops from Victoria!) etc etc

It also has an abundence of grammar schools whitin an hour of it. It has some of the best private schools in the country (Whitgift, Trinity, Old Palace).

It has a big shopping centre and entertainment facilities. There are LOADS of restaurants and cinemas.

Sure it's ugly as sin, but house prices here are sky high, and it is surely the best suburban place to live in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    What about Surrey?
    Never been there. It can't have a place anywhere as nice as Bath though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    you dont want to know, sh*te hole
    Very true, but it is also a place of historical significance, and it still drags in a good amount of tourists...

It also has clean air... hmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phonicsdude)
    ...it's ugly as sin...house prices here are sky high...
    Says it all really :p:

ReputationRep:
    Very true, but it is also a place of historical significance, and it still drags in a good amount of tourists...

thats liike people critisise skegness but it brings in an amazing amount of tourists, fair enough they are all working class dole scroungers but thats besides the point

ReputationRep:
    Against ALL those advantages...

ReputationRep:

Is it an industrial powerhouse for The North?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naxalite)
    More meterosexuals does NOT mean people looking better... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Says it all really :p:
    But it has status.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    thats liike people critisise skegness but it brings in an amazing amount of tourists, fair enough they are all working class dole scroungers but thats besides the point
    lol, nobody is asking you to go and mingle with the undergrowth, but it offers obvious benefits for the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Never been there. It can't have a place anywhere as nice as Bath though
    baths lovely!

its a shame the cities in devon are awful, while the rest of the county is really beautiful. Exeter only has ONE individual shop, all the rest are chain stores!....

ReputationRep:
    lol, nobody is asking you to go and mingle with the undergrowth, but it offers obvious benefits for the economy.
    i know, but i like to be open minded

ReputationRep:
    Is it an industrial powerhouse for The North?
    No...

And ex-industrial powerhouses in the north don't usually attract tourists either... :confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.