Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    More meterosexuals does NOT mean people looking better... :eek:
    sup LPK

and I dont think metrosexuals are generally that good, ok in moderation but David Beckham takes it too far.

plunging neckline with 2 diamond earrings? wtf? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends actually suggested going up there for a laugh maybe for a weekend, we were thinking of going to Manchester and then maybe York or something I heard the towns are quite close together over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramroff)
    they do? :confused:
    Thank god the folks up in the city of London don't look at the economy in the same way that you do...

Thread starter: You should have tried "search" and then you would have found a thread i started on this matter a few months ago... :rolleyes:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t95978.html

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends actually suggested going up there for a laugh maybe for a weekend, we were thinking of going to Manchester and then maybe York or something I heard the towns are quite close together over there.
    Indeed, you will be able to get from Manchester to York in about 2 hours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Thank god the folks up in the city of London don't look at the economy in the same way that you do...

Thread starter: You should have tried "search" and then you would have found a thread i started on this matter a few months ago... :rolleyes:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t95978.html
    i actually hold very broad views, in fact some of my best friends were poor.

ReputationRep:
    sup LPK

and I dont think metrosexuals are generally that good, ok in moderation but David Beckham takes it too far.

plunging neckline with 2 diamond earrings? wtf? :eek:

... ??? :confused: meh?

Meterosexuals suck ass - how the **** am i supposed ot know who's a fag nowadays? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of skincare andmoisturiser among the male population, but diamon earrings? constant pink t-shirts? why?! Surely there is a medium!

Speaking of differences - it's probably down motly to the fact that poeple in the south havent grown up in the same way as the north - i.e. in huge horrible polluted cities

ReputationRep:
    i actually hold very broad views, in fact some of my best friends were poor.
    WERE

what did you do get rid when you realised they werent like you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    WERE

what did you do get rid when you realised they werent like you?
    sorry, i meant ARE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TKR)
    ... ??? :confused: meh?

Meterosexuals suck ass - how the **** am i supposed ot know who's a fag nowadays? Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit of skincare andmoisturiser among the male population, but diamon earrings? constant pink t-shirts? why?! Surely there is a medium!

Speaking of differences - it's probably down motly to the fact that poeple in the south havent grown up in the same way as the north - i.e. in huge horrible polluted cities
    sorry i thought you were LPK, different person.
    i agree with you, i think the whole metrosexual thing is taken a little 2 far, i mean cmon, diamond earrings?? he is asking for a smack

ReputationRep:
    he is asking for a smack
    You would fit in well among the nothern undergrowth...

ReputationRep:
    haha well!! in the US there;s a HUGE difference!!!

Northern America's View of the South(of America)
    --their accents=stupid
    --They eat crocodile and alliagator(they dont)
    --Their racist(they arent)
    --Their stuck in the 1950's(...i dont think they are at least...)
    --They all have sex with their cousins...and siblings(...i hope not...haha)

ReputationRep:
    You would fit in well among the nothern undergrowth...
    A verbal smack not with tins and bricks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)

--their accents=stupid
    yeah I dont like the southern american accent, makes them sound a little thick i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)

--their accents=stupid
    Its not so much a north-south divide in the US, but more an urban-rural divide...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)

--their accents=stupid
    --They're racist(they arent)
    --They're stuck in the 1950's(...i dont think they are at least...)
    same as my views of southern america, oh, but add fanatically religious, right wing and homophobic to the list!

and they cant spell :p:

ReputationRep:
    Its not so much a north-south divide in the US, but more an urban-rural divide...
    actually....know that i think about it...yea. but then that's the lise for the rural south haha.

same as my views of southern america, oh, but add fanatically religious, right wing and homophobic to the list!

and they cant spell
    haha yea all that too

ReputationRep:
    I think over the next 10 years the North should prove itself to the rest of the country that it can be a decent economic powerhouse

ReputationRep:
    I think over the next 10 years the North should prove itself to the rest of the country that it can be a decent economic powerhouse
    ...isn't that what manchester is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)
    ...isn't that what manchester is?
    Far from it. Have you ever been to the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshire is the fastest growing economic power in the country. I don't think you understand the growing power of cities like Leeds, which in relation to its size, is the fastest growing city in the UK.
    Whilst your encouragement is welcome, the north has been proving itself for about 7 decades, and pulled the UK through some of its darkest times. The north is growing at a startling pace, and by the year, more people are looking north to live and invest.

London drives this countries economy, not the "south". Yorkshire's economy is far more powerful than Devon's, for example.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.