The Student Room Group

A girl + a moustache. Does it really matter?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
nahh thats nasty you gotta wax that ****
Reply 41
I actually met a hot girl once and we chatted for ages, got along really well... except, she had a tash (she was mediterannean so dark haired). That totally put me off from taking things any further. It's not too unlike how girls hate facial hair on a guy... only place it'd come in handy is a fancy dress night going as mario or luigi.
Reply 42
okay sorry i take back my vote! i didnt read the original post
lauren conrads fine, the only one which is unacceptable is the first photo which i think is just the light/photoshopped
however, if not, i dont see why she wouldn't get rid of it = it's not attractive
Reply 43
i find it really difficult to not stare at girls with moustaches. freaky ****.
Reply 44
I hate even a slight mustache. Unless the hairs are bleach blonde and fine naturally, then you should get it waxed. Bleaching doesn't work.

It makes your top lip go green and foundation doesn't go on smoothly.
I do know a girl with a beard.......pretty unfortunate hahaha
Reply 46
Waxing takes all of 10 mins, if that!
Honestly? It's always the first thing I notice. I pride myself on my facial hair, but when I see a girl with more facial hair than me and she seems to be oblivious to that fact...I dunno, I feel like less of a man.
Reply 48
Omg why doesn't she get rid of it?!?!
There are bleaches you can buy! You can wax/thread/pluck/depilate! There are so many ways to get rid of it how on earth can she - someone in the public eye - not get rid of it?! I really don't like the girl + moustache look lol. But I have to say the poll options are really biased and should be edited.
SO shallow maan.
i've always noticed her moustache, i do notice it on other girls too but sometimes it can look like a shadow
Just looks so weird.
castleofillusion
How completely shallow to judge someone by a little facial hair. It's probably due to something completely natural such as a hormone imbalance and I think if she doesn't care, if she doesn't feel the need to disguise it, then why the hell should anyone else tell her what to do? It's her face, not yours! Get a life and don't be so judgemental of others.
So I take it you don't take any notice of people according to how they look? Yeah right, pull the other one :rolleyes:. It's exactly the same as thinking someone with, for example, a large nose is unattractive.

Now I'm not saying people with facial hair should have it removed, but they can't complain when people don't find it attractive. That's just the society we live in these days.
Reply 53
Lauren Conrad is prettttty :smile:
Even with the 'Tache...
But for most girls, nooooo
llacerta
What would you say is the best way of getting rid of a moustache? Waxing? I dye mine but was thinking of alternative ways of making it less noticeable.

I don't know personally as I don't have to, but I'd say waxing (I work in Boots and we sell special face waxing kits so I assume it's pretty common) or hair removal cream? Again I'd assume there are special ones for the face as normal body ones would probably kill the sensitive skin... or for a more expensive but long-term solution there's always laser hair removal :smile:
Reply 55
Quail
I don't know personally as I don't have to, but I'd say waxing (I work in Boots and we sell special face waxing kits so I assume it's pretty common) or hair removal cream? Again I'd assume there are special ones for the face as normal body ones would probably kill the sensitive skin... or for a more expensive but long-term solution there's always laser hair removal :smile:

I was thinking of laser hair removal, but as you said, it's expensive, and plus if I got my moustache done I'd get all addicted and get the hair on the sides of my face and on my chin and on my shoulders (yes, my shoulders) done as well, and then I'd end up with no money.

But a special face waxing kit sounds good! I'll look out for one next time I go into town.
She's like Burt Reynolds: very reliable but got a mustache.

In seriousness, not a big deal at all.
As well as being a sign of hormonal problems I think it's gross because it implies the girl is too lazy/rough to make the effort to do something about it. Yeuch!
Reply 58
I find it distinctly off-putting.
Reply 59
In my opinion girls just shouldn't have a moustache. It just looks so wrong. It really doesn't take much to get rid of it. I think even if you have the tiniest hair there they should be removed.
I remember a dinnerlady who wore bright red lipstick and had a huge moustache. Everyone called her hairy pitts and face fungus

Quick Reply

Latest