Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    hey people!! I'm a little confused as to what we're actually suppose to do on results day. Am I right in thinking that the universities will already know our grades and therefore know if we have been accepted or not? Also do we have to ring the admissions tutor in question with our grades? and if we do.. why do we have to ring them? :confused:
    I know these may sound very stupid questions but my school hasn't told anyone anything about results day so I'm very confused, (and i'm easily confused so it doesn't help matters!!)

ReputationRep:
    My college hasn't told me much about results day either, but I'm just going to go in and see from there.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    1) If you get the grades you need for your firm choice then proceed to step 2. If not, go to 3.

2) Buy lots of alcohol and drink it.

3) If you just miss them, then phone them/check UCAS apply to see if they accept you.If yes, proceed to step 2.

4) If no, then if you got the grades for your insurance choice proceed to step 2. If not, then repeat step 3, but phoning your firm choice.

5) If they accept you, proceed to step 2. If not, then proceed to Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    That's kinda got me more muddled.. but i totally understand the point of step 2!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lats)
    That's kinda got me more muddled.. but i totally understand the point of step 2!!
    which be has confused you?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Well, if your offer is BBB and you get that or above that then you know you're in. If you get below it then you phone the uni, or check UCAS track like you probably have been doing already with your username and password.

If you haven't got in, then look at your insurance offer. If you get it or above, then you know you're in! If not, you need to phone them or check UCAS track.

I think they're wanting people to check UCAS track rather than phoning the unis, and it will say which uni you have got into just by checking one thing rather than having to make 2 phonecalls.

It should become obvious on results day, as you'll know whether you've met offers or not and won't have to try to imagine 3 different scenarios.

ReputationRep:
    My firm choice is 300 tariff points from at least two GCE/VCE A levels (what it says on my UCAS form), which I've worked out as BBB. The thing is, could I get less than that and still get in, because it says Advance subsidiary and key skills qualifications may contribute to these points, and I have 50 tariff points from my AS.

Sorry if this is a stupid question!

ReputationRep:
    Does it say how many points has to be out of your A2s? Your AS points probably will count in this case yes. xx

ReputationRep:
    I heard that the uni's already know your grades before you get them. If this is true, then would it be possible to check UCAS track before the results day to see whether we have been accepted. Also, if UCAS track says you havent been accepted for your firm, is there still a chance you could get in if you phone them?

ReputationRep:
    Unis do know your grades before you do yes. UCAS track should be running on results day, but you will not be able to know before. There's a debate about what time this service will be from, i think PQ said it was likely to be 12.00 (correct me if i'm wrong).

As i'm just going through the process myself i'm not so sure about your last question. This has been asked repeatedly on the forum, and i think the general answer is that the universities will have already made up their minds about whether or not to take you before results day. Students who are now at university have said that phoning the univeristy on the day usually results in your phone call being answered by a student who has a list of who is being let in and who isn't. if this is the case with your university then it is unlikely that you will be able to barter with an admissions tutor. xx

ReputationRep:
    It has also been said on this forum that schools/colleges will know if you have been accepted by your firm uni choice (not sure about insurance) on results day also. I cannot find the link to the thread, but im certain i've read it somewhere before...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    Does it say how many points has to be out of your A2s? Your AS points probably will count in this case yes. xx
    Sorry I took so long to reply - I've been doing my CV and haven't checked the boards.

No, it doesn't say how many points have to be out of A2 on the form UCAS sent me, just that it has to be from at least 2 A levels, so I'm thinking it may count, too. :eek: Takes a bit of stress off I guess as according to my calculations I could get BCC and still get in...well, hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the school only knew your grades, and therefore whether you had satisfied the conditions of your offer or not? I didn't think they would know if the university will still take you, otherwise why all the phoning about? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    It has also been said on this forum that schools/colleges will know if you have been accepted by your firm uni choice (not sure about insurance) on results day also. I cannot find the link to the thread, but im certain i've read it somewhere before...
    :eek: no!! they can't know if we've been excepted or not!! (I'm in shock because I have evil teachers and i don't want them knowing before me!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

There is also some question over when UCAS Track will go live - as I've said uni's have been told that it will go live at 7am - but schools and colleges aren't very happy about this so it's possible that UCAS will keep Track frozen until 11am.
    I know it's been asked already, but do you have any idea when to expect a final answer on whether this will be the case or not?

ReputationRep:
    When we send the AS12 letter, would we recieve a confirmation letter about UCAS or the uni's recieving it after we sent the letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    When we send the AS12 letter, would we recieve a confirmation letter about UCAS or the uni's recieving it after we sent the letter?

what is the AS12 letter?...do we get it with our provisional results on results day? or separately from UCAS later?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks PQ. xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Once UCAS have sent you your AS12 letter they've finished dealing with you. Any further communication is between you and your uni directly.

Most uni's send out some sort of welcome pack once they recieve your AS12 letter with information about where to go and when and all their rules and regs...but it'll depend on your uni.
    Alright then. What is the deadline to send the AS12 letter to the university?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.