Turn on thread page Beta

Are you going to work/school... tomorrow? watch

ReputationRep:
    This question is especially for those people who go to London. If the tbes are running tomorrow, are you going to go to work, school...? I am thinking of going in tomorrow, just to get on with things, but am slightly worried because of where it is (in the heart of things today).

ReputationRep:
    My dad wants to go back to work tomorrow, it's 5 minutes away from Liverpool St Station. I don't want him to. Security will be a lot tighter, and another attack isn't likely when the country's on such a high alert. Still, I don't want him to go

ReputationRep:
    my uncle works for the undergroung making tracks and stuff i think :confused:
    so dont know whats going on with he's job..

ReputationRep:
    Ah, seems like my work is cancelled tomorrow anyways. Probably a good thing too, cos I was a bit worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ah, seems like my work is cancelled tomorrow anyways. Probably a good thing too, cos I was a bit worried.
    Good, they really could not expect you to work as normal, considering where your uni is and what students there must have seen.
    ..Not many people are replying to this thread, probably asleep, like you should be!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Good, they really could not expect you to work as normal, considering where your uni is and what students there must have seen.
    ..Not many people are replying to this thread, probably asleep, like you should be!
    x
    Might stay awake a bit longer as I'm not going to work tomorrow. I was shattered today a few hours ago, because of working after all that happened (even though it was not too bad, as everyone was sort of a bit less rowdy and stuff)
    For anyone who is going to London tomorrow, check out the website

www.tfl.gov.uk

This will give continuous updates for travel info. There is no service past Baker Street in the way of Kings Cross. Though there are buses.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the transport situation but if its mostly running, I don't see why not - these terrorists aren't gonna change/affect our way of life and we aren't going to live in fear for the rest of our lives...

im not workin 2mro. its my friday off

not that i live in london

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow will be the safest day you could choose to be in london. its always the case after any incident. what do you always find at thescene of a crime after its been commited? police. so yea in my view london will be safe as houses tomorrow. in terms of actually moving around the tubes will be down (the lines effected at least) but the buses will be back in service i'd imagine and many of the other lines.

ReputationRep:
    no and no.

as i dont work, and dont go to school. at any rate...schools finish on 30th june here in northern ireland

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    This question is especially for those people who go to London. If the tbes are running tomorrow, are you going to go to work, school...? I am thinking of going in tomorrow, just to get on with things, but am slightly worried because of where it is (in the heart of things today).
    Where do you live? Do you use the Tube?

I'm getting on with my life...

...the explosions happened near me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)

:eek:

Where abouts d'ya live?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_watson87)
    :eek:

Where abouts d'ya live?
    ONE of the explosions happened 10 mins away from my house.

One of the other explosions was literally just yards from my college :eek:

I would have been travelling at this time usually. Thank god today, I didn't.
    Neither did my sister-in-law...we were both very lucky.

What's with the customised title? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    tbh London is the safest place to be in a perverse kind of way. Everyone is going to be very alert and sensitive to any weird activity and so forth. Like NEw york after 9/11, they had fighter jets patrolling the skies. Army/police on guard etc.

It would be best if everyone tries to get back to normal. Of course its going to be difficult with congestion. But its like a two fingers up to these scum that attack innocent civilians if you get back on the red buses etc tomorrow morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)

I take the tube, and where I am working at the mo at my uni as a student mentor, I am working in london school of Pharmacy which is slap bang ion the middle of the kings cross bus explosion and the russel square bomb.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to school(in an hour) but it's funny on the radio here they're like "EXTRA EXTRA EXTRA SECURITY ON SUBWAYS AND PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN AMERICA" all over the news, but yesterday i didn't see a single extra policeman or anything on the subways, trains, or buses here in boston. there were extra ticket collecters on the train...but that was it haha; well...incompetant extra ticket collectors

ticket lady: where to?
    me: *shows my FULL FARE PRE PAID pass*
    ticket lady: ok student, half fare
    me: *blinks in shock* wh-what?! o--kkkk...
    ticket lady: ok...half of $3.50....that'ss....$2.75!
    me: ......that's wro---ok...whatever...here

hahaha $2.75 is not half of $3.50!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I take the tube, and where I am working at the mo at my uni as a student mentor, I am working in london school of Pharmacy which is slap bang ion the middle of the kings cross bus explosion and the russel square bomb.
    I go to college in King's X. You've probably seen us. We're just off Grays In Road.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeR)
    ticket lady: where to?
    me: *shows my FULL FARE PRE PAID pass*
    ticket lady: ok student, half fare
    me: *blinks in shock* wh-what?! o--kkkk...
    ticket lady: ok...half of $3.50....that'ss....$2.75!
    me: ......that's wro---ok...whatever...here

hahaha $2.75 is not half of $3.50!!!
    It isnt? :confused:

why did you have to hand over money if you had a prepaid pass?

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said, I wouldn't worry about this. Security in London must be the highest it can be at the moment, and the culprits aren't going to hang around are they? They're already going to be on the run, or hiding out...There were warnings in Liverpool though. My mum works in the Royal Hospital, and apparently they were on high alert, and one station warned people to try and avoid town! Not too worried though, I think it's unnecessary panic and hype...

ReputationRep:
    a nuclear powerplant 3 miles from where I live (and employs 10000 people, EVERYBODY works there!!) was practically closed today and most the workers were told not to go in, just key staff. considering this is in CUMBRIA, that's pretty worrying.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.