Turn on thread page Beta

Little arty things you can do for bedroom watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm trying to jazz up my bedroom to make it more 'cool' to live in and was wondering if anyone knew any little artsy things you can do to do this.
    Like, cutting up your school tie and pasting it on the wall in a weird formation.
    Thankyou, David.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daibhidh)
    Hey, I'm trying to jazz up my bedroom to make it more 'cool' to live in and was wondering if anyone knew any little artsy things you can do to do this.
    Like, cutting up your school tie and pasting it on the wall in a weird formation.
    Thankyou, David.
    do some fabric collages on a canvas, they make fantastic 3D pieces

ReputationRep:
    Make posters or picture frames, or your own mirrors. Funky curtain ties, handprints/footprints on the walls or ceilings, make your own mobiles out of whatever takes your fancy - forks for example. Do as I did and put stickers EVERYWHERE, hang things from your curtain rail....let your imagination run riot :p:

ReputationRep:
    My bedroom can only really be described as minimalism gone mad. I can't stand clutter and crap around! Everything has its place (I measure my pillows into position) and undraw the curtains in a set way. I am obsessed with minimalism and tidyness. Not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    My bedroom can only really be described as minimalism gone mad. I can't stand clutter and crap around! Everything has its place (I measure my pillows into position) and undraw the curtains in a set way. I am obsessed with minimalism and tidyness. Not good.
    you sound fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Herleif Arkadios)
    you sound fun...
    Lol I'm just like it with my bedroom.

i can get some ideas from here to jazz up my room so...any more suggestions?

*sits in a corner and waits*

ReputationRep:
    I just stick anything I think is cool on the wall, like I have the paper bit from round a water bottle up and I have things hanging off the bottom of shelves. Also I have small bits of mine and my friends' artwork on the wall, but it's all arranged quite well, not just randomly, that'd look a bit sh*te. How about just rearranging the furniture, that'd make it feel differnt and new, or changing the colour on hte walls. You could also get an new bedspread or rug?

ReputationRep:
    oh and door curtains are great!

ReputationRep:
    do some really good graffitii on the wall. my boyfriend did his nickname and it looks brill

obviously...ya have to be careful u dont destroy ya wall! or knock yourself out with the fumes! hehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *steph 247*)
    oh and door curtains are great!
    What? Like those daft plastic things you get at the local sandwich shop? Or more like a curtain over the door?

ReputationRep:
    You could always print off some rasterbated images and stick them on your walls.

ReputationRep:
    I found a load of old bottlecaps in a box in my loft. So I stuck them on my wall.

ReputationRep:
    Mirror on the ceiling!? Lol

ReputationRep:
    iv got trellis fairy lights to put behind my headboard for when i move into my new flat; i reckon its gonna be really romantic and cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lil_J)
    Mirror on the ceiling!? Lol
    kinky!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy)
    kinky!
    Why thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Beads are cool, but I don't know if you're one of those cool guys who don't like that kinda thing. What I mean is take some coloured glass square-shaped pearls and put them on a see-through tread, about 30cm between each, and hang them near you window. The sun will shine through them and will spread colours on your wall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ModernHippie)
    Beads are cool, but I don't know if you're one of those cool guys who don't like that kinda thing. What I mean is take some coloured glass square-shaped pearls and put them on a see-through tread, about 30cm between each, and hang them near you window. The sun will shine through them and will spread colours on your wall.
    Awww, that's a nice idea.

ReputationRep:
    sex swing?

get old cds and break them apart, and put them back together with the mirrored side up to form a cool mosaic CD mirror thing.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.