Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I honestly have no idea, I must have seen 100's of bands perform but the ones which I remember the most are.

Interpol (last night)
    New Order (once as a band but seen Hooky perform twice)
    Moby
    Bravery (3 times)
    Michah P Hinson
    Blondie
    Badly Drawn Boy (twice)
    Bloc Party
    The Killers
    The Keiser Cheifs
    The Futureheads (twice)
    The Zutons
    Morrissey (twice)
    New York Dolls
    Ordinary Boys
    The Others
    Battle
    Tower of London
    I am Kloot
    The Doves
    A certain ratio (ACR)
    Durriti Column
    The Longcut
    Hanky Park
    Elbow
    Peformance

And countless 'nothing' bands.

ReputationRep:
    went to live 8 last week so all of those ppl and then various unknown bands which don't really count

ReputationRep:
    I have seen hundreds!

Oasis
    Feeder
    Muse
    Blur
    Lostprophets
    Jimmy Eat World
    The Hives
    Hundred Reasons
    Green Day
    The Used
    Blink 182
    System of a Down
    The Darkness
    The Music
    Placebo
    The Ataris
    Ash
    Goldie Lookin Chain
    Kasabian
    Young Heart Attack
    The Zutons
    Capdown
    Finch
    Taking Back Sunday

etc etc... lots more I can't remember...

Top 3 were:
    1. Oasis
    2. Muse
    3. Green Day

ReputationRep:
    lostprophets, andrew wk (no claim to fame there hehe), bowling for soup, inme, amen, uncle brian, placebo, elbow, hundred reasons, jimmy eat world, the used, GNR, slipknot (whyyy????) foo fighters, bryan adams, oasis, paul weller, greenday, ash, the hives, blink 182, the strokes, finch, hot hot heat, feeder, MUUUUUSEEEE, and COOOOLDPLAY top that list for me :p: hehe. theres loads more, lots of small local bands, and probably loads of other big namers ive just forgotten :p: been to leeds fest twice so theres loads there yey.

ReputationRep:
    i've seen Muse and matt bellamy is a genius would you agree? also seen the zuittons and loads of local bands and tankus the henge who are well on their way to getting a record deal - they rock:[B][U]

ReputationRep:
    OK I think i'm going to have to write it all down first and then post...but a long list is on it's way

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh good thread!

OK please don't take the mick :blush:

Kaiser Chiefs, The Bravery, Gwen Stefani, Black Eyed Peas, Westlife, Blue, Lemar, G4, Voices with Soul, Daniel Bedingfield Him, The Futureheads, Bryan McFadden, Will Young, Sugababes, Darius, Atomic Kitten...Barry Manilow and Cliff Richard (my Mam needed someone to go with!)...think thats it

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's seen some rocking bands! I've never been to a festival, which is frankly quite shameful, they always fall at really **** times for me. Also my huge aversion (most of the time) to big gigs and venues saves me lots of cash, it's great -- the last gig i went to was my two favourite bands of all time, together (Engerica and Reuben), only cost me £8.50 -- BARGAIN!

ReputationRep:
    unluckily for me, alot of the bands I want to see are huge legendary acts...Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, Radiohead etc...so when i do get the chance to see them, I'm gonna have to fork out for the pleasure! £40 for Mr Dylan for example...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lirael Abhorsen)
    i've seen Muse and matt bellamy is a genius would you agree? also seen the zuittons and loads of local bands and tankus the henge who are well on their way to getting a record deal - they rock:[B][U]
    i have to agree.....matt bellamy is a genius, and when hes playing you can really see that hes part of the music. ive seen then twice....once at leeds fest, and once at the MEN.
    at leeds fest they werent amazing, i mean they played well and sounded good, but their hearts didnt seem to be in it.
    however when i saw them at the MEN they were absolutely amazing, and up until i saw coldplay last monday nobody could top their gig!

but then i saw coldplay......

Just seen an advert for Longviews album on tv and it reminded me that I have also seen them...

*wonders how many other bands were left off the list*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparklyteacosie)
    Just seen an advert for Longviews album on tv and it reminded me that I have also seen them...

*wonders how many other bands were left off the list*
    Oh yeah, I saw them too supporting someone - Mull Historical Society I think. They were quite good as support bands go.

ReputationRep:
    Thrice:
    The Shins
    Modest Mouse
    Razorlight (not a big fan, was doing the doors)
    Twice:
    The Arcade Fire
    Once:
    The Decemberists
    Cake
    Rilo Kiley
    Bright Eyes
    Final Fantasy
    Capdown
    Jetplane Landing
    Architecture in Helsinki
    Bloc Party
    Clor
    Maximo Park
    The Research
    Apartment
    Belle & Sebastien
    The Stills
    The Culture Club
    A shitload of bans from Reading 2004 - Franz Ferdinand, The Hives... etc etc

ReputationRep:
    This Year: Everyone at Live8 (quality atmosphere by the way)
    Coldplay (Like 2 weeks ago)
    The Doves
    Jagged Edge (Were playing in Miami when I went this year)
    Marques Houston (")
    Ludacris(")
    Bobby Valentino(")

ReputationRep:
    can't be arsed to list them all cos i've seen Hundreds of bands, but i'll list a few:

Muse
    The Streets
    Blink 182
    Linkin Park
    The Ataris
    Metallica
    The Offspring
    Feeder
    AFI
    NOFX
    Ash
    new Found Glory
    lagwagon
    Midtown

Muse are probably the best live band i've ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    I would like to see Radiohead...and Bob Dylan - who I have tickets to see at Brixton, so yay me!
    Hope you're not disappointed with Bob- my boyfriend is a massive fan and saw him twice last year but has decided not to go to Brixton as he feels Bob is well past his best and tends to just 'mash up his usually amazing songs'- direct quote from my boyf there!
    Errr who have I seen...
    Pre-teen....Sugababes, Will Young (x2), Boyzone(x2, with Westlife as support), Darius, Ronan Keating...
    More recently...
    Stereo MC's
    Cooper Temple Clause
    My Vitriol (x2)
    Feeder (x2 with a 3rd in December )
    Aqualung
    The Charlatans
    Counting Crows
    Bob Dylan
    Billy Bragg
    Franz Ferdinand (x2)
    Oasis, Keane (x3)
    Lost Prophets
    The Killers (x2)
    Black Eyed Peas
    Paul McCartney
    Basement Jaxx (x2)
    Joss Stone
    Muse
    MC Solaar
    Morrissey
    Rooster ( )
    Athlete (x2 with a 3rd on the way )
    Hard Fi
    Taking Back Sunday
    Jimmy Eat World
    Green Day
    Elvis Costello
    White Stripes
    KT Tunstall
    The Coral
    Kasabian
    Coldplay (x2)
    Jools Holland
    Van Morrison
    Bright Eyes
    Morning Runner (x2)
    Interpol...
    ...phew...the majority of that list thanks to 2 years of Glasto

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't everyone else find it fustrating though that between about June and October nobody really plays anywhere except festys, and I can only afford to go to one of those a year...so no live music for a while

ReputationRep:
    well, during that time, I'm not at uni, which is when i do most of my gigging, so it works out pretty well for me!

(Original post by El Pollo Diablo)
    Oh yeah, I saw them too supporting someone - Mull Historical Society I think. They were quite good as support bands go.
    Tries to remember when I saw them. I remember they were giving out little mini cds. That was cool. Seeing as I don't have a ticket saying Longview on it I pressume they must have been supporting someone...hhmmm Elbow maybe..oh who knows!!

Doesn't everyone else find it fustrating though that between about June and October nobody really plays anywhere except festys, and I can only afford to go to one of those a year...so no live music for a while
    It doesn't really bother me. Not sure why really as I am sure going to gigs would have worked out better during the summer rather than when I have school the next morning or whatever. A lot of the gigs I have been to during the summer have been nice free one (such as the Love Music Hate Racism gig were I got to see Badly Drawn Boy or a very nice free event staged by Orange where I was able to see Turin Brakes and Athlete..and all for £0!!!) I find it more annoying that usually gigs I want to go to all seem to happen around the same time and then I can't afford (both in terms of time and money) to go to them all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    well, during that time, I'm not at uni, which is when i do most of my gigging, so it works out pretty well for me!
    It's annoying for me as in the Summer I don't have to worry about getting up at 7 the next morning for school!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.