Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by PinkPigeon)
    It's annoying for me as in the Summer I don't have to worry about getting up at 7 the next morning for school!
    same here..see above post!!

ReputationRep:
    hmmm...after many a gig i still have to be up at 7:30 for uni...but that never stops me...doesn't usally stop me from going clubbing afterwards either

I pay for it in the mornings though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be in walking distance of all the Bristol venues next year That's going to be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Audioslave. Just amazing. It was not just Audioslave though - they played Soundgarden and RATM and it was so beautiful. Everybody sang along to "Black hole sun" and Morello was God-like on guitar with twangly bits and light beams that shone out. It was like seeing three legendary bands all in one.

I really want to see Manson, and hopefull I will at Reading Festival. I have been waiting for this for years. I might see the Offspring in September too.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen the following people live:

Linkin Park
    Nickel Back
    Eminem
    50 Cent 3 times
    Cypress Hill
    X-zibit
    Avril Lavigne
    Our Lady Peace
    Puddle of Mudd
    Lost Prophets 3 times
    Funeral For a Friend
    Simple Plan
    Nine Inch Nails
    Queens of the Stoneage 2 times
    Eagles of Death Metal
    Green Day
    HIM
    Audioslave
    Deftones
    A Perfect Circle
    The Killers

Not all of those were headline acts, some were supporting each other, and quite a few were at one day festivals. Thats not all of the people I've seen live but its definitely the memorable ones. Linkin Park supported by Lost Prophets and Puddle of Mudd was my first concert and without a doubt one of the best. Lost Prophets on their own tour was also amazing-tiny venue, so lots of crowd surfing and I actually got onto stage and jumped off so i wont be forgetting that in a hurry.

Upcoming concerts though and Eminem supported by a whole host of other people as usual, and Bloc Party. Cant wait.

(Original post by Babyshambles)
    hmmm...after many a gig i still have to be up at 7:30 for uni...but that never stops me...doesn't usally stop me from going clubbing afterwards either

I pay for it in the mornings though! :p:
    Having to be up at 7 the following morning doesn't usually stop me either. I even went to see Starsailor play at midnight although the next morning I really did pay for it

ReputationRep:
    kaiserchiefs a couple of weeks ago

ReputationRep:
    Robbie
    Madonna
    Kylie
    Oasis

Thats it I think...baring the support acts for the above

ReputationRep:
    R.E.M Idelwild The Zutons - At R.E.M gig. Manic Street Preachers, Razorlight - At Manics gig. Keane, Snow Patrol, Kelly Jones, Badly Drawn Boy, Feeder, Embrace, Jools Holland and Eric Clapton, Manic Street Preachers - At Tsunami gig

ReputationRep:
    Not going through all of them - twould take FAR too long. But in the last month I have seen U2, Coldplay and Oasis. Plus their supports. My summer so far has been ace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xisforextreme)
    Who have you seen play live, and who would you want to see?

Seen: Black eyed peas, simple plan ( :thumpdown ), the living end, Incubus and Linkin Park, oh an Prodigy
    Would like to see pink floyd, blink - 182 and greenday
    i saw Iron Maiden and FFAF. missed download '05. going to see Motörhead, In Flames, and Girlschool.

ReputationRep:
    Boyzone (I was dragged kicking and screaming), Fightstar and James Blunt. May be sseing Rufus Wainwright in December

ReputationRep:
    Only ever been to one proper concert (been to see a few local gigs in Liverpool but thats it otherwise) and that was Oasis last Saturday in Milton Keynes. I'm hoping to see Goldfrapp in Liverpool next month and KT Tunstall in Sheffield in October.

ReputationRep:
    coolio, racheal stevens at that olypic bid thing at trafalgar square, she was crap

(Original post by craigyd)
    R.E.M Idelwild The Zutons - At R.E.M gig. Manic Street Preachers, Razorlight - At Manics gig. Keane, Snow Patrol, Kelly Jones, Badly Drawn Boy, Feeder, Embrace, Jools Holland and Eric Clapton, Manic Street Preachers - At Tsunami gig
    The Manics are amazing live aren't they...will never forget that night!! Ooh someone else who has seen Badly Drawn Boy!! To be honest I felt kind of a bit let down by his live performance...

ReputationRep:
    Many bands at leeds last year, Good Charlotte, Tina Turner, Hell Is For Heroes, Idlewild, Bullet For My Valentine, A Static Lullabye, FFAF (x2), + Jimmy Eat World

ReputationRep:
    only bands i ever saw live were a handful of death/grind bands....Exhumed, Decapitated, Impaled and a few more....also went to a Psychobilly show

ReputationRep:
    umm.. let's see... I haven't really seen that many although I've been going to a fair few gigs recently.

Bob Dylan
    Billy Bragg x 2
    Willy Mason - about 12, maybe 13 or 14 times.. not quite sure of exact numbers
    Hanson x 4
    Kings Of Leon
    Magic Numbers x 2 (plus once Romeo solo)
    Ben Kweller x 2
    Conor Oberst and Bright Eyes (solo once, full band once)
    John Mayer
    Ben Lee
    Great Days Without Sail
    22-20s
    Cathy Davey
    The Charlatans with Ronnie Wood
    Counting Crows
    Joanna Newsom
    Wheat
    Adem
    Christy Moore
    Meon
    Travis
    The Others

I think there must be a few more but I can't remember right now.

i don't see anyone cos i live in sri lanka and no one comes here except bryan adams and shaggy *coughs*
    so i want to see all my favourites which are
    the must-see list
    linkin park
    my chemical romance
    the used
    jimmy eat world
    green day
    fuel
    the killers
    and in my dreams GNR and Nirvana

ReputationRep:
    Black Eyed Peas
    Madonna
    Justin Timberlake
    Dizzee Rascal
    James Brown
    Daniel Bedingfield
    Rod Stewart

Must see soon - The Killers

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.