Turn on thread page Beta

is there only me who doesnt go out clubbing watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    and what if they didnt revise for their exams that whined when they got their results back and pretended that they were "so unfortunate...booo hooo"
    ooooooooh nooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    ooooooooh nooooooooo
    INDIAN! THINK ABOUT IT!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    INDIAN! THINK ABOUT IT!
    piggsy? u think of anythin dont u

(Original post by emmz)
    wot if they do sport instead like twice a week or somethin though
    i dunno..most of you guys are 18 or near..i used to go out like once or twice a week in the upper sixth although i'm lazy and prefer staying in, first couple of weeks of uni were just like 'right i'm bored..lets go out

never going clubbing is a bit sad..try it at least once..you can never go wrong with a good bit of cheese

ReputationRep:
    I hate cheesy night clubs. I much prefer I bit of Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart knocking out. Its such a buzz all these 18-25 year old dancing to post punk which is like 25 years old!

ReputationRep:
    emmz, we don't even have clubs where i live, feel special that you can actually go to em. so i dun go clubbing either, your not alone

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmm well im hoping to go to Cumbria college next sept as my uni choice and i hear the best you do there is a pub with some local farmers

and where i am now is wales so errr nuff said about that place :P
    There are a few clubs here but tbh im happy staying in on my pc and chilling out like that :]

ReputationRep:
    i have barely been out clubbing either (and 18 in like 2 days)....
    just once or twice on school socials.

A) i dont think it's particularly fun to be stuck in a huge crowd where u cant really chat to ur mates
    B) i have lots of other things to do in the evenings... things like orchestra rehearsals, societies, kung fu lessons, or just doing stuff at home keeps me fully occupied - i dont particularly feel the need to meet new ppl by clubbing.

altho i haven't really had much exp of clubbing so maybe my opinion may change after uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    i have barely been out clubbing either (and 18 in like 2 days)....
    just once or twice on school socials.

A) i dont think it's particularly fun to be stuck in a huge crowd where u cant really chat to ur mates
    B) i have lots of other things to do in the evenings... things like orchestra rehearsals, societies, kung fu lessons, or just doing stuff at home keeps me fully occupied - i dont particularly feel the need to meet new ppl by clubbing.

altho i haven't really had much exp of clubbing so maybe my opinion may change after uni
    hey 4Ed, where'd u get your lil pic under your name? cause a friend of mine has a shirt with the same guy on it, and the shirt says "how about a nice big cup of shut the @#*! up" then underneath, 'think before you say something stupid'. very entertaining t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    its one of the standard avatars, entitled 'Have a Cup of Tea' or sumthing like that....

yeah i think i've seen the odd t-shirt like that, theres a T-shirt shop in town selling t-shirts with all those slogans

ReputationRep:
    I go clubbing, but only to go out with my friends, get drunk, dance....stagger into some random taxi...I don't go out on the pull..Bognor men are dirty and poor blugh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4Ed)
    its one of the standard avatars, entitled 'Have a Cup of Tea' or sumthing like that....

yeah i think i've seen the odd t-shirt like that, theres a T-shirt shop in town selling t-shirts with all those slogans
    sweet glad to see i'm not just weird. spose it's hard to say that you could quite easily see the shirt cause you live nowhere near me so your fasions are totally different, glad to see they're not too different though. we have soom things the same.

ReputationRep:
    hi i dun go clubbing either but i do drink not very offen tho. but i cant stand dance music absolutely hate and i dont like r'n'b it dats one of the main reasons i dun go. so ur not alone even tho i thought i was the only one who doesnt go cos alot of ppl from college go every single weekend!! actually i find dat quite sad, i wud say a few days a month will do just fine if i had to go

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand dance or RNB either.

Living in Manchester though most the clubs there don't play that kind of muisc, its mainly rock/inide. I am into indie myself.

Nothing like a good night feeling tipsy with classic Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pulp and of course my favourite Joy Division's "Love Will Tear Us Apart"

Dance and RNB clubs tend to be scally infected dangerous hell wholes that make Moss Side seem like its a relaxing place to live (actually these days it pretty much is).

ReputationRep:
    i live in manchester too but the places my friends goto r dance and r'n'b so i dont join them.

ReputationRep:
    ive never been clubbin in my life. i been out to bars and pubs and had drinks with friends but im not into that kinda thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz it seems like evry1 goes out drinking. ive got da type of friends who stay in instead so i never really get da chance to go. i do sport twice a week instead though.
    Well me too.
    I dont really get clubbing either. If i go out, i'd prefer to go somewhere decent like... well wherever depending on how i feel at the time.
    But certainly not clubbing though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I hate cheesy night clubs. I much prefer I bit of Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart knocking out. Its such a buzz all these 18-25 year old dancing to post punk which is like 25 years old!
    Oh I love that song!! infact i love joy division, transmission is clearly the best though

I've never been clubbing, i'm just ever so cool :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz it seems like evry1 goes out drinking. ive got da type of friends who stay in instead so i never really get da chance to go. i do sport twice a week instead though.
    i go out occasionally but if u go out all the time its more a chore than an enjoyment, i would rather spend my money on something like going to the cinema or shopping, something more worthwhile. im not really in to the idea of having to pay for a hangover

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by satans_*****xx)
    i go out occasionally but if u go out all the time its more a chore than an enjoyment, i would rather spend my money on something like going to the cinema or shopping, something more worthwhile. im not really in to the idea of having to pay for a hangover
    i agree, i just go to a few events a year, makes it more fun if it's not a regular thing.
    i used to go out clubbing 2/3 times a week from ages 16/19 but it just got so repetative and boring!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.