Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahyolmu)
    i agree on that!
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    Didn't really go clubbing that much during 6th form, the main town was £10 taxi each way, and bouncers were often quite strict on ID (passport or driving license only).

Then as soon as I came to uni just went mad on clubbing, covered every venue in the first 8 week term http://users.ox.ac.uk/~spet1487/clubs.htm

Now I'm just a bit fed up of the whole scene, it's just same-old-same-old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz it seems like evry1 goes out drinking. ive got da type of friends who stay in instead so i never really get da chance to go. i do sport twice a week instead though.
    I... Well first of all I´m not eighteen, second of all "houseparties" seems so much more fun... Dunno what the clubbing-life is like in England or the UK but... probably exciting I´ll try it sometime if I don't get lost in some british-humored guy

ReputationRep:
    I prefer a quiet pub to be honest! (Christ am I old like pig? ) Where I can actually talk to people, have a laugh, a few drinks and play some pool. I can't/don't dance so clubs always seem very boring

ReputationRep:
    never been clubbing in my life and i dont intend to in the future

ReputationRep:
    i never go clubbing, went once - got a TERRIBLE headache due to the aggressively loud music, how are you supposed to talk to anyone with such loud music? (not that i would anyway, far too shy), and they are always far too busy,

i like smokey jazz bars instead - or my local pub.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer giging now to clubbing, I still like clubbing but I would rather go to bar if average ones opened later. I am giving the whole thing a rest for a few weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure why this thread has been dragged up, but I don't go to clubs often either. Went for the first time when I got here.

ReputationRep:
    First went to an Over-18s club when I was 15... (Year 11) - and spend alot of time out in town (sometimes Thursday, most Fridays, most Saturdays)... haven't been for a few weeks now because of revision. I find it quite cute that all these people in my year turn 18, and then their parents finally let go and let them go clubbing... and they start talking about clubs 24/7 like its the best thing thats ever happened to them.

Worst club I ever went to was a Grunger/Indie one that me and my mates went just for a laugh... man, it stinked in there! I prefer the classier clubs!

ReputationRep:
    Im only 15 (little me) and all of my friends are into these great drunken house parties where everyone gets totally smashed and end up doing things with the opposite sex that they regret later- i am totally not interested in this kind of thing and refuse to take part and they say i have no life but surely being sporty and having a good time with good friends without being drunk is also good?

Lou
    xxxx

ReputationRep:
    aww...i remember the first time i went clubbing!!! lol..was just 16, after gcse's finished...!! sometimes u have good nites sometimes its crap, depends on the people and the music tho!! cant wait to go out, as soon as these exams are over!! woohoo...although, maybe go out after our leaver's do next week...!! woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    Im only 15 (little me) and all of my friends are into these great drunken house parties where everyone gets totally smashed and end up doing things with the opposite sex that they regret later- i am totally not interested in this kind of thing and refuse to take part and they say i have no life but surely being sporty and having a good time with good friends without being drunk is also good?

Lou
    xxxx
    damn girl, you's a hoe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmz)
    just wonderin coz it seems like evry1 goes out drinking. ive got da type of friends who stay in instead so i never really get da chance to go. i do sport twice a week instead though.
    I have never gone out clubbing nor do I intend to, I really dislike the entire idea of it.

ReputationRep:
    What don't you like the idea about?

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, i've a similar dislike about the mentality behind drinking. I admit its quality and is fun, I but i feel it creates a bit of a facade. The thing is, what is to be expected in a life where social 'status' is so important and then there's alcohol which allows one to shed inhibitions and act the way they've always wanted to. especially at university, there's not much to do besides drinking - how many times can you go bowling, to the cinema or play sport a week? Secondly, those things end early and then there's nothing to do.

I'm all for an attempted switch to cafe culture - like they have in france and italy. cafe's which are open til very early hours in the morning where u can relax with friends, order food n drink and just have a good time. Essentially, more pleasant surroundings than a pub and a better standard and diversity of food and drink.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    What don't you like the idea about?
    well, for starters I don't like dancing. Then there is the fact that you have a lot of people around you and large crowds make me nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Have you ever been in a nightclub stone cold sober, and had a moment of clarity where you realise everyone looks completely stupid, and the whole idea of clubbing is completely absurd?
    i know its scary. i find it wierd how some people actually do go sober and can enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    I have never gone out clubbing nor do I intend to, I really dislike the entire idea of it.
    So did I before coming here, and yet I still do it. It's ok, but as pig says, it really is shite when you're sober. You don't have to be smashed, but the quality of clubs here necessitates a certain level of inebriation for you to be able to ignore the fact that you are listening to music you threw out of your CD collection 5 years ago, if indeed it was ever allowed in it.

The whole "out on the pull" thing scares me too - not a pretty sight in some cases!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    So did I before coming here, and yet I still do it. It's ok, but as pig says, it really is shite when you're sober. You don't have to be smashed, but the quality of clubs here necessitates a certain level of inebriation for you to be able to ignore the fact that you are listening to music you threw out of your CD collection 5 years ago, if indeed it was ever allowed in it.

The whole "out on the pull" thing scares me too - not a pretty sight in some cases!
    my CD collection amounts 2 about 15 albums. All my mp3s are gone, I'm gonna have to start downloading them all again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    my CD collection amounts 2 about 15 albums. All my mp3s are gone, I'm gonna have to start downloading them all again.
    What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.