Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is two genders enough? why stop at male or female, if as humans our instinctive aim is survival? What does everyone think?

ReputationRep:
    Where did you get this idea from?

ReputationRep:
    Crossed my mind during some casual thinking.

ReputationRep:
    What exactly would we need these other genders for?
    Our purpose originally I'd have thought was to survive and to breed, we had males to provide the sperm and the female to create the baby what would other genders have done?

ReputationRep:
    2 is enough?

ReputationRep:
    I think getting laid would be a complicated procedure if there were more than 2 genders. Why do we need more than 2 genders to increase our chances of survival?

ReputationRep:
    on my ict coursework we had to put genders down (data inputting malarky)..

Male:
    Female:
    Hermaphrodite:
    Transexual:

i think there should be 4 personally...

ReputationRep:
    Since when has transsexual been one gender? Surely a transsexual would identify themselves as whatever gender is they have/want to become.

ReputationRep:
    The 2 gender system works relatively well at the moment - if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

ReputationRep:
    What would the third gender do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonD)
    Since when has transsexual been one gender? Surely a transsexual would identify themselves as whatever gender is they have/want to become.
    true they would identify themselves as that gender but they would genetically still be the other gender..... I dont know, i'll let that one go.
    But the hermaphrodite one is still applicable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Be good at driving AND the house work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speleo)
    Guard the hive and collect food for the Queen... no, wait, wrong species, nevermind.

ReputationRep:
    Be good at driving AND the house work
    :O That's unpossible.

Guard the hive and collect food for the Queen... no, wait, wrong species, nevermind.
    I thought worker/warrior ants were female?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.