Turn on thread page Beta

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4662809.stm

hotels charging extra should all be named and shamed
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Yep I agree. I haven't read that story, but I eard about this on the news this morning.

It's terrible the way some hotels put their prices upto three times the ordinary amount just to make a bit of extra money off the people deciding to stay in London over night as they couldn't or wouldn't travel out of the city. If anything the hotels should have been offering discounted rooms to unlucky travellers.

(Original post by Roger Kirk)
    Yep I agree. I haven't read that story, but I eard about this on the news this morning.

It's terrible the way some hotels put their prices upto three times the ordinary amount just to make a bit of extra money off the people deciding to stay in London over night as they couldn't or wouldn't travel out of the city. If anything the hotels should have been offering discounted rooms to unlucky travellers.
    even if they just let people in the building, it would help hundreds of people. im sure people would rather sleep on a floor in a hotel that outside

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4662809.stm

hotels charging extra should all be named and shamed
    Extremely disrespectful. Must've made loads that night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus)
    Extremely disrespectful. Must've made loads that night.
    maybe but apparently taxi drivers offered to drive people home for free last nite.

(Original post by kriztinae)
    maybe but apparently taxi drivers offered to drive people home for free last nite.
    at least some people have some decency. theyll be respected more than the hotels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorbidAngel)
    at least some people have some decency. theyll be respected more than the hotels
    yeah absolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    I know, well they must have some respect even if they hotels dont.

ReputationRep:
    Londo taxi drivers have always seemed nice to me!

(Original post by deej2)
    Londo taxi drivers have always seemed nice to me!
    ive never been in a taxi in london before. only been there for a few hours whilst waitin for trains/visitin family on way home

ReputationRep:
    I think the black cab drivers have London more at the heart of their lives. They have to take the knowledge, giving them an intimate understanding of the city, and they work with its people every day.

They're bound to be more compassionate.

I just hope the hoteliers overcharging are seriously in the minority.

ReputationRep:
    Last time I went to visit someone in London, I took a cab into the city centre and the fee was £25.

ReputationRep:
    They should all be made FREE like the congestion charges until Monday

ReputationRep:
    where's the respect for victims these days???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Will2005)
    Last time I went to visit someone in London, I took a cab into the city centre and the fee was £25.
    They have defo robbed you!

You can get unlimited travel on the tube for like £6

ReputationRep:
    That's awful, I would have perhaps even reduced prices if I owned a hotel in London

ReputationRep:
    i guess you could say that the london hotels stand to lose a lot of money as many people will now be postponing trips in lieu of the attacks so hence this is a reaction to it. saying this though it is obviously a mercenary exploitation of terrified travellers

ReputationRep:
    Marks and spencers were handing out free bottled water and sandwiches, taxis were taking people around london for free etc etc. There is always someone to exploit a situation like this.

ReputationRep:
    To play devil's advocate, how else are they supposed to decide how to allocate their rooms? First come first serve? That could just as easily screw over vulnerable people.

ReputationRep:
    London's a complete rip-off full stop! Hotels, restaurants, transport, entrance fees... It would be cheaper to go on holiday in NYC for a week than it would in London.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.