Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    oh yeh, something to shock all northeners....i met a guy at uni who said, when he came to uni, it was the furthest north he'd ever been

i'm at uni at cambridge.....

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Yorkshire. That's where my boyfriend lives. I'm definitely sneaking my way into the North - however, I think it's him invading my southern areas you should be worried about :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    oh yeh, something to shock all northeners....i met a guy at uni who said, when he came to uni, it was the furthest north he'd ever been

i'm at uni at cambridge.....
    The furthest North I've been is Skegness, but I think Cambridge is North too

I do come from South Devon - one of the most Southern places. For a long time I thought Exeter was North and Bristol off the map!

ReputationRep:
    Ooooh I'll try do the Yorkshire flag thing

Awww Blissy that's sweet! :love: Hope you have fun LOL.....I'm sure he wont invade the South unless you ask him to!

Hope all Northerners are well

ReputationRep:
    Wahey! Sign me up to this legendary society!! I'm reet northern! Nice to see a pic of my home (the Lake District) in the first post! :love:

ReputationRep:
    Can I join? I live in Cheshire

ReputationRep:
    Yayyy hello Northerners

I'm going on holiday tomorrow morning and won't be back for two whole weeks! :eek:

Will miss TSR! :tsr:

*waves at everyone*

Hope there are no Southern raids while I'm gone

:hello: :flowers:

Going anywhere nice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindance)
    :hello: :flowers:

Going anywhere nice?
    Helloo I'm going to Portugal!!

How are you? Hope you're happy and stuffs you must be, right? I mean, we're Northern

I got evacuated from the cinema today :eek: no idea what happened it's not been on the news or anything, but there were quite a few ambulances etc :eek: slightly scary!

(Original post by shortysally)
    Helloo I'm going to Portugal!!

How are you? Hope you're happy and stuffs you must be, right? I mean, we're Northern

I got evacuated from the cinema today :eek: no idea what happened it's not been on the news or anything, but there were quite a few ambulances etc :eek: slightly scary!
    Not bad. Been ****ed around by the trains today, took 3 hours getting back from Cambridge when it should only taken a little over an hour. Plus the trains were packed as so many were cancelled. Evacuated from the cinema, huh? That happened to me once, but it was an atrocious film, and we got free tickets for next time because of the disruption!

ReputationRep:
    Not bad. Been ****ed around by the trains today, took 3 hours getting back from Cambridge when it should only taken a little over an hour. Plus the trains were packed as so many were cancelled. Evacuated from the cinema, huh? That happened to me once, but it was an atrocious film, and we got free tickets for next time because of the disruption!
    AWWWWW! Glad you got home in the end! :hugs:

LOL @ the atrocious film...luckily the film had just ended when the announcement came over...I've never run so fast in my whole life...thought there was a bomb or something! So no free tickets! Was a good film though! Slightly rushed exit

Probably was just a minor fire or something, there was a fire engine which was the first thing to arrive, followed by the ambulances!

Ahhh I'm excited for tomorrow now!

ReputationRep:
    Nyah, as long as you're safe. :cool:

What's happening for tomorrow?
    Hehe yeah, you tooo at least your train was safe, if a little delayed

LOL..tomorrow is my holidaaay! Every holiday they seem to search my bag by hand after it's been through those x ray thingys...if they do it this time I'm gonna scream :p:

Wow I can't wait to get there my friend and her family are coming with me and my family too, so we will have fun WOO!

Hehe yeah, you tooo at least your train was safe, if a little delayed

LOL..tomorrow is my holidaaay! Every holiday they seem to search my bag by hand after it's been through those x ray thingys...if they do it this time I'm gonna scream :p:

Wow I can't wait to get there my friend and her family are coming with me and my family too, so we will have fun WOO!
    Ah, gotcha. You can tell my concentration levels are way down tonight!

I hate the sensors, but they seem to do their jobs. I'm frisked every single time I go through the damn things, you're not the only one! Sounds like a good holiday though, wish I were off to Portugal! In the meantime, I've got to look for holiday work... need money...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, gotcha. You can tell my concentration levels are way down tonight!

I hate the sensors, but they seem to do their jobs. I'm frisked every single time I go through the damn things, you're not the only one! Sounds like a good holiday though, wish I were off to Portugal! In the meantime, I've got to look for holiday work... need money...
    AWWwwww! lol! Hmm..I wonder if you'd fit in my suitcase....lol! Hope you find a job

LOL...if I get "frisked" I'll seriously thwack them round the head!

AWWwwww! lol! Hmm..I wonder if you'd fit in my suitcase....lol! Hope you find a job

LOL...if I get "frisked" I'll seriously thwack them round the head!
    Hehe. I either get frisked by huge men, or masculine looking women - more's the pity. I'm still waiting for my dream-leggy-blonde-east-european-frisker. :cool: :rolleyes:

If only I could fit in your suitcase.

ReputationRep:
    Hehe. I either get frisked by huge men, or masculine looking women - more's the pity. I'm still waiting for my dream-leggy-blonde-east-european-frisker. :cool: :rolleyes:

If only I could fit in your suitcase.
    Awwwwww I wish you could too! If I took no clothes you might fit, but it's a bit full at the moment! lol!!!

hehehe.....I've not been frisked to date *touch wood* my dad has though...seems to happen to him all the time...I swear I'm not in the mood for being frisked or searched at all - parents driving me mad with their incessent packing and moaning :mad: I'm just in the frame of the mind to kick any kind of unwanted frisker right where it hurts :mad: :eek:

Awwwwww I wish you could too! If I took no clothes you might fit, but it's a bit full at the moment! lol!!!

hehehe.....I've not been frisked to date *touch wood* my dad has though...seems to happen to him all the time...I swear I'm not in the mood for being frisked or searched at all - parents driving me mad with their incessent packing and moaning :mad: I'm just in the frame of the mind to kick any kind of unwanted frisker right where it hurts :mad: :eek:
    I'm sure you'd rather take me on holiday than clothes. I know I wouldn't say no to either... :rolleyes:

Hate preparing to go on holiday with the rents. Everything's always so much of a hassle to them, but it's their fault for leaving things too late or whatever. Here's an idea for us, don't go on holiday with our parents!

ReputationRep:
    oo oooo add me to the list

ReputationRep:
    its all nice and gray and rainy up north in south yorkshire today...how jolly...

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic picture of Manchester on the first page, liking the Dales aswell, although it is hard to take a bad picture of the area: The north is so great! Sure add me to the list.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.