Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    I know, that was what my post was responding to. You've included half the midlands.
    Yes... and until there is a Midlands society, we will represent that particular chunk of the midlands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beekeeper)
    Yes... and until there is a Midlands society, we will represent that particular chunk of the midlands.
    Just as long as they're not included in the seriously northern activities in the mean time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Just as long as they're not included in the seriously northern activities in the mean time!
    lol, its a deal...

You fancy setting up some serious northern activities?

ReputationRep:
    I'm all new and stuff, but I'm from Yorkshire so I figured I'd bum around here. Not literally, don't get worried

ReputationRep:
    Not much us Northerners could do apart from partake in some Proper Rugby.

ReputationRep:
    Why are letting those soutern oinks :p: beating us? Come on people post! We may not have Brighton but we don't have Slough either

ReputationRep:
    Northerners have York and Manchester,both of which are amazing!So ner ner southerners...

ReputationRep:
    Nooortherners have Yorkshire, wonderful place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSpontaneousx)
    Nooortherners have Yorkshire, wonderful place
    Exactly. Much more friendlier people up North in my experience and I go all around the country to football matches.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Ok i'm from Nottingham - am I allowed in? I may not be a true northener but at least I speak properly - none of that parth and barth rubbish, and a pint in my local is still less than two quid! I think I qualify...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    Exactly. Much more friendlier people up North in my experience and I go all around the country to football matches.

Gem
    Aye same, I'm a Tyke fan meself being from Barnsley and all . I really like it up north, everyone is decent and alright with you. Haven't lived elsewhere and dont plan to..

Only way is up! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    Ok i'm from Nottingham - am I allowed in? I may not be a true northener but at least I speak properly - none of that parth and barth rubbish, and a pint in my local is still less than two quid! I think I qualify...
    Its north of Watford so you're allowed in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Its north of Watford so you're allowed in
    woohoo!

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham's only the other side of Derbyshire anyway so its just as up north as Manchester or Liverpool in that sense, although I know it comes under the East Midlands.

I should visit Nottingham some time, its supposed to be nicer than Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is alright actually, been for football matches etc. Birmingham is a bit rough but all the same a decent place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xSpontaneousx)
    Aye same, I'm a Tyke fan meself being from Barnsley and all . I really like it up north, everyone is decent and alright with you. Haven't lived elsewhere and dont plan to..

Only way is up! :p:
    Indeed. I don't plan to live down South thats for sure.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham's brilliant - forget all the gun crime crap you read, its got friendly people, beautiful girls (mostly hehe) a great nightlife and is home to the best football team in the land (ok, that's a lie!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrentEnd)
    Nottingham's brilliant - forget all the gun crime crap you read, its got friendly people, beautiful girls (mostly hehe) a great nightlife and is home to the best football team in the land (ok, that's a lie!)
    Was true once!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Was true once!

Gem
    yeah...cheers Gem!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed. I don't plan to live down South thats for sure.

Gem
    Me either mingers that they are! I'm going to study at liverpool hopefully, cant wait

--------------

Barnsley FC beat forest :p: y'ahar har!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.