Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_st/n)
    woo! yeah!

seeing as every one seems to be discussing football and the great teams of the north....leeds utd rule by far!!!!
    :rofl: leeds united... :eek:

please! Even Tranmere are better than Leeds :rolleyes:

Newcastle United for me though! Best team ever, despite not winning a cup for 37? years lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    :rofl: leeds united... :eek:

please! Even Tranmere are better than Leeds :rolleyes:

Newcastle United for me though! Best team ever, despite not winning a cup for 37? years lol.
    :mad: oi!!

anyway your a fine one to talk...i mean come on..newcastle?! :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    :mad: oi!!

anyway your a fine one to talk...i mean come on..newcastle?! :hahaha:
    yea, better than supporting my local teams, Everton :rofl: or Liverpoo :rofl: (btw, what was liverpool's final score 2nite?)

Newcastle are great, Alan shearer and Michael Owen. Perfect combination.

ReputationRep:
    0-0 but they reckon peter crouch might end his 4 month goal drought

anyway, i love supporting leeds, its shows i'm not a glory supporter-in the same sort of way as you supporting newcastle

ReputationRep:
    0-0 but they reckon peter crouch might end his 4 month goal drought

anyway, i love supporting leeds, its shows i'm not a glory supporter-in the same sort of way as you supporting newcastle
    yea, question is though, will he continue to score after the first?:confused:

yea true so what made you support Leeds?

for me it was someone in year 6, a geordie who i thought was cool. Then i heard of Alan Shearer and never looked back oh i hope shearer beats the clubs record before he retires

ReputationRep:
    i started supporting leeds cos of the family (even though my dad supports chelsea and my brother supports man utd :rolleyes: ) i love the city of leeds, my parents met there, my grandad was from there as well as half my family, they used to play exciting football, and i thought the players were pretty fit too, although they've all left now, but i still support them cos it would be pretty shallow to stop supporting my beloved team just cos my fave fit players left...and i still think they play exciting football
    *starts remebering that amazing comeback against southampton at the weekend*

ReputationRep:
    i started supporting leeds cos of the family (even though my dad supports chelsea and my brother supports man utd :rolleyes: ) i love the city of leeds, my parents met there, my grandad was from there as well as half my family, they used to play exciting football, and i thought the players were pretty fit too, although they've all left now, but i still support them cos it would be pretty shallow to stop supporting my beloved team just cos my fave fit players left...and i still think they play exciting football
    *starts remebering that amazing comeback against southampton at the weekend*
    You poor thing! My dad is a Leeds fan but I went for the better option and chose my mums team.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leedsblade)
    You poor thing! My dad is a Leeds fan but I went for the better option and chose my mums team.

Gem
    better option?! ^o)

haha if you say so!!

ReputationRep:
    better option?! ^o)

haha if you say so!!
    Well the recent results between my team and Leeds along with the current league positions suggests it has been a better option.

Back on topic...Leeds is a great city...can't decide which I prefer though..Leeds or Sheffield!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Bloody football speak - How boring Come on the North has a lot more to offer than this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Bloody football speak - How boring Come on the North has a lot more to offer than this

pubs?

ummmmmmm chavs?

nothing?

ReputationRep:
    Well the recent results between my team and Leeds along with the current league positions suggests it has been a better option.
    ok im not stupid enough to argue against that one. leeds are still better tho :p:

ReputationRep:
    What about the great countryside, the buildings, the people, the universities, the busineses, the inventions etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    We know it does...just carrying on the conversation but I did end it if anyone had noticed by saying...back on topic!

North has much to offer but I would definitely mention all the lovely people up here. :cool:

Gem

ReputationRep:
    The north has fresh air, the North York Moors and the Lake District!

ReputationRep:
    The lake district is beautiful....been so many times.

Gem

ReputationRep:
    The lake district is beautiful....been so many times.

Gem
    Yup yup yup... shores of Ulswater and Windemere!

ooh and Kielder of course! You stayed in the log cabins up there? Favourite place in the UK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zurich)
    Yup yup yup... shores of Ulswater and Windemere!

ooh and Kielder of course! You stayed in the log cabins up there? Favourite place in the UK!
    Sadly not but I love going.
    Really annoys me when Southerners say its awful up north when they haven't been further than Watford gap!

Gem

ReputationRep:
    Southerners walk around with blinkers on half the time. Noooot nice folk. Boo @ them. Day off work & just taken my brother to school. Sure the North is good, but its cooold

ReputationRep:
    *still hoping to be put on the list*

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.