Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't boo us southerners, just cos we have the best way of life!! (By the way, this is called revenge for you northerners coming into our society!)

I am a southerner, I say the lake district is lovely. I have been there many a time, and I have probably been a hell of a lot further north than any of you northerners in here!!

And yes, the north is cold, so is the south. The whole of England is cold (but not cold enough in my opinion). But to be honest, I cannot complain overly much about the north as I am a snowboarder, and there is no such thing as mountains in the south to snowboard on!! Plus I am a Sheffield Hallam student!

Oh, and Beekeeper, HALLAM TILL I DIE!!!!! Heehee!!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes,I'm moving back up north(for now)...couldn't stand the smelly southerners anymore!Haha.

No I've definitely noticed a difference in northerners and southerners.So has my friend from York who goes to Kent Uni. They are so god damned rude!

ReputationRep:
    In kent they are yeah, but head down to the south WEST and everyone is really nice there

--------------

Oh, and who wants to go to York when New York is sooo much better!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes,yes,the south-westerners are nice.Londoners are mostly so so so up their own ar*es,more so in Kent.The Surrey lot aren't too nice either.But then again they are the richest in the country,so they don't have to be nice.

Erm,I have to go to York as that's where my mother lives hahaha.Oooh New York....could go there next year,that would be cute.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, would you say the South West could be a part of the "honarary north" then?

(Northerner here btw, so i guess i join)

ReputationRep:
    I think the south west should be part of the north!The people are nice there.

I got back up north on Tuesday and seriously,the difference in nice-ness levels is amazing!

And I already got a job at least until Christmas in the new Zara shop in York...and the lady said 'they have been known to take temps onto their own payroll' so...*fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    Please can i join? Im from Leeds!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from East Yorkshire. Near the coast so the cold really gets us here. It's quite funny when thunderstorms get bounced off the sea and come rolling back inland. Once had the same storm four times! Not nice for the people afraid of thunder, but handy for the people giving out the comforting hugs That's why the cold is a good thing! And sorry guys, I was the one who provoked the Southern pansies into retaliation...

ReputationRep:
    Yes Mudman, you DID provoke us lovely Southerners just a LITTLE!!!

Lesson to be learnt here - Do NOT provoke us or we WILL come and attack you with, well, not sure what really, anything we can lay our hands on I suppose. Like a jet engine (sorry, been watching Donnie Darko)

Anyways, you plagued us, so I *might* plague you guys, if I can be bothered that is :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_man_1066)
    Hey, would you say the South West could be a part of the "honarary north" then?
    Technically, I could be said to be an 'honorary northerner' cos a) I live in Sheffield and b) I come from Canada, which has some parts in the Arctic Circle - now THAT is northern! LOL!!

Thanks for the invite though. Might take you up on that!! By the way, what do you guys have to drink up here? No Southern Comfort I take it.

ReputationRep:
    I only apologised to the other guys in here cos they have to listen to your girly Southern accent now you're here Canadian... I could offer you some bitter?

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey!! I have no girly Southern accent, I have a weird combination of a Somerset and a Canadian accent! Trust me, you will hear no one else with this accent

Oooh, you guys drink bitter. Damn it, I LOVE bitter tonnes more than I love SoCo. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Mudman)
    I'm from East Yorkshire. Near the coast so the cold really gets us here. It's quite funny when thunderstorms get bounced off the sea and come rolling back inland. Once had the same storm four times! Not nice for the people afraid of thunder, but handy for the people giving out the comforting hugs That's why the cold is a good thing! And sorry guys, I was the one who provoked the Southern pansies into retaliation...
    Wow,I live in East Yorkshire!

Well,it's a village bang on the border of East and North Yorkshire.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and Darth, you should be scared, unless you are not afraid of being locked in a coffin and driven around at high speed in the back of a van!! Dunno what I'd do with you after that, bury you, cremate you or just take you to the south and leave you in a bar full of us lovely Southerners :p:

ReputationRep:
    I may be in the north, but at least I am in SOUTH Yorkshire!!

ReputationRep:
    Dude, you don't know how many you're messing with!! And your username sorta gives it away, I'm messing with Daft Vader :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I think about 15 goths, 30 rockers and about 10 punks should be enough to take you one!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Goths? *snickering*

ReputationRep:
    Ooh can i join.

ReputationRep:
    Yay another Manc - we'll soon outnumber those Leeds/Liverpool lot. :p:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.