Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would like to join also. From Bury in Greater Manchester. Death to the soft southereners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    I would like to join also. From Bury in Greater Manchester.
    Oh really? Welcome

Re Beekeeper, Id contact Biker if I were you, if hes not interested I'll do the job.

ReputationRep:
    Northumbria being the counties of Northumberland, Tyne and Wear, County Durham and Cleveland. Historic Nortumbria being that area plus eastern parts of yourkshire down to the humber and the east of Scotland up to Edinburgh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr browne)
    Oh really? Welcome

Re Beekeeper, Id contact Biker if I were you, if hes not interested I'll do the job.
    Yep, I go to Holy Cross too.

ReputationRep:
    I'll sign up for Northern society, and i would sign up for the Northumbrian one but I can't see the thread..

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t117158-6.html

ReputationRep:
    Lancashire! Count me in!

ReputationRep:
    OOooo sign me up too- Manchester baby

--------------

(Original post by Flux)
    Yep, I go to Holy Cross too.
    I go to your rival BGS :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- Bury Grammar has a sixth form, it isn't a separate building.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zahra7fold)
    OOooo sign me up too- Manchester baby
    --------------
    I go to your rival BGS :p:
    Im afraid mate we outnumber you on this one, about 8-1 as far as I make out. But welcome to the thread+soc though

ReputationRep:
    People go to Bury Grammer? I thought they all thought sod that after Yr 11 and go to Holy X for 6th form.

So fellow Holy Xers, which school did you go to, what subjects you studying and so on?

I went to Tottington, am now in the upper sixth doing maths, physics and history but I also did critical thinking and computing last year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my friend is going to BGS 6form rather than Holy Cross next year strange....

Im lower 6th taking law poltics french geog theo+philo

ReputationRep:
    Just wish to say that I may not have been added as a member on the list yet, but I wish to withdraw membership from this group. I find the idea of North as an area silly, because as people we are no different from anyone below this border that people construct in their minds. We are not Northern, nor English, nor British: we are human.

ReputationRep:
    Youre fully entitled to your opinion but sinc ethe Southern Society exists we feel a need to balance it out and give a place for Northern Pride to be displayed.

ReputationRep:
    Cool
    Have fun carrying on your political sheepery like the majority of the world
    It's not really anyone's fault, it's just that ideas of identity, nation, and divisiveness of humanity have been around for that long that it's easy to buy into it.

ReputationRep:
    yay!! can i join?? i live in :ninja: halifax! :p: near leeds!

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Grimsby but trust me it feels Northern. So is this more a Northern appreciation society or a Sothern-bashing society, or both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    both :bandit: :p:
    Sounds fun .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrSornia)
    Cool
    Have fun carrying on your political sheepery.
    'Political sheepery'? It may not be quite to your taste, 'Mr Sornia', but there is absolutely nothing wrong with understanding and appreciating a sense of local identity.

Our local identity is very much part of us, and it is not traditionally politically defined. It is all about associating with your community and the interests and customs you share.

I could also say that the way you spend all your time in the 'LGBTSoc' is engaging in political and social 'sheepery' aswell, given that you are confining yourself to a small group in society merely because you share something quite minor in common.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr browne)
    erm....out of interest - why me? :confused:

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.