Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I have just applied to be a member of TSR Northern Society once again. I am already in the members list from before the update.

Us Northerners, rock!

ReputationRep:
    It is a horrible shame what happened to that poor lad. I didn't know anything about it until I was driving home yesterday and got diverted from Manchester Road. It is such a sad thing to have happened. If you do not know what we are talking about, check out this news article:

Article 1

ReputationRep:
    i read the article in the MEN. Its shocking how he just dissappered walking home. How caould a 14 year old kill someone, if the suspect is the killer.

ReputationRep:
    whys it so cold up here. Ive got about 4 jumpers on and im still freezing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    too much video games i think

hey shauniemc, you cant be accepted in this society atm cos it says you've joined too many societies. if you want, delete one and then apply again

hehe, for some strange reason, i dont feel that cold but now i have to go out
    Ok will do, I thought you could have eight societies, for some reason, I just cannot understand the logic to having seven, why seven? It's such a random number is our seven!? :confused: :banghead: :wtf?:

Anyways, I know that what happened to the poor lad from Bury was horrible, so please let us not start a debate about it, but I do not think you can put the fact he was possiibly murdered by a 14 year old due to computer games. That isn't on at all.

ReputationRep:
    hehe, i dont know aswell :p:

i know you cant say its due to computer games, but it was something that came up in a small debate in tutorial.

what are you doing at uni?
    Currently Darth I am at College, doing Maths, Business Studies and Economics... plus General Studies . I am doing Economics at Uni, when I get there, at York... What about you?

ReputationRep:
    maths eh :five: what exam board are you with?

im doing maths, fmaths and chemistry at college :ninja: want to do maths at uni
    Owch, I could not handle Maths anymore... It messes with my brain lol. So where do you fancy going to for Uni?

ReputationRep:
    hehe, it does tend to that :p: but it can be fun :ninja:

probably to the university of manchester. where else have you applied to?
    I also applied to Durham, Bristol, Warwick, Exeter and Lancaster.

Are you from Manchester?

ReputationRep:
    greater manchester :p: :suitc:
    Ah, so what part?

ReputationRep:
    near where fr browne lives :p:

so what football team do you support?
    Sorry about taking so long to reply. I was editing my sig, and if you look, you will see why it was rather labour intensive. Anyhoo, so do you go to HCC as fr_browne does.

P.S. I have asked to join the society again in the societies list.

ReputationRep:
    not quite :p: hehe, i'm clueless on poker! have you joined the penguin society :flute:

i've accepted your request
    Cheers do you go to HCC?

P.S. I support the Treble Winners '99 - You?

ReputationRep:
    the snows finally clearing up. Had a snowball fight last night.

Im studying at college as well. You probably wont like me but football wise im from the blue side of Manchester. I still like you though even if you are reds.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was a big snowball fight next to Urbis on friday night whihc i got caught up in on the way home from work, shame its all melting away now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr browne)
    Yeah there was a big snowball fight next to Urbis on friday night whihc i got caught up in on the way home from work, shame its all melting away now.
    Lol, that sounds like much fun. Where do you work good sir?

ReputationRep:
    A la Selfridge

ReputationRep:

the snows clearing up, but my snowman is still standing :eek: :cool:
    Mine got attacked by a cat last night and is presently being propped up by the stick arms.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! How do I become a member of the northern soc?

ReputationRep:
    hehe, no cat would dare attack snowy :bandit:

mines gone today
    Approximately 1 square foot of snow/ice remains but this goddam awful weather is no good, make up your dam mind and make it either Summer or Winter.

ReputationRep:
    aww the snow was beautiful
    don't you just hate it though when big snowflakes get in your eyes
    i had to get my brolly out the other day cos it was like a blizzard, but i think it made me look like a bit of a tit really!

ReputationRep:
    Well it would be nice but a quick look over the cricket pitch says we dont need it too near to the start of the season because its murder to a flat lawn.

Its a shame the way that Scotland gets snow, The South gets the sun but we just get the in between bits like rain, sleet and wind!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.