Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol about the weather it really is in the middle. I got so wet today how come it always rains when your waiting for a bus and when you get on it it stops.

I study Law Geography Psychology and Music AS levels.

ReputationRep:
    Law to me is the most boring subject Ive ever sutdied yet the most useful one career wise.

ReputationRep:
    Yes which is which probably why i took it, its not one of them you do for fun.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you should see my timetable, I get 1h 35 minutes free in Week 1 and only 35 minutes free in Week2 stupid compulsary Key Skills grrr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fr browne)
    Yes which is which probably why i took it, its not one of them you do for fun.
    Oh cool, my sister's a barrister - she says it's really fun training. She showed me all her funny ****-ups on video. There was a case with a guy who spat on another guy and they were both actors and one had a really funny gordie accent (which I love) and she burst out laughing in the middle. Don't do that please - it lost her a lot of marks!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the adivce. Last Novemrber when the upper sixth were doing the Mock Trial Compeition I ha to stand in for the defendant, everythign wa ogin well, we won all four heats, then for the final I had to switch to the Legal Advisor role as we were prosecuting but i was reasonably confidant having done that role in the Year 11 competiton. Yet I brought the Judge in without checking whether the jury were ready so the trial started and got to the point where I had to swear the jury in and saw me turn to 2 empty benches and just sit down in embarrasment.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the adivce. Last Novemrber when the upper sixth were doing the Mock Trial Compeition I ha to stand in for the defendant, everythign wa ogin well, we won all four heats, then for the final I had to switch to the Legal Advisor role as we were prosecuting but i was reasonably confidant having done that role in the Year 11 competiton. Yet I brought the Judge in without checking whether the jury were ready so the trial started and got to the point where I had to swear the jury in and saw me turn to 2 empty benches and just sit down in embarrasment.
    :hahaha:
    Aww!
    Sounds like fun though - when my sister was in Newcastle university she said it was really cool. They always do role plays and stuff - it's mostly oral. She had to collect these "points" by going to dinner with these barristers and talking about law and stuff. But she was really surprised when she met them in London - she was the only woman there and they were really improfessional, and spent the day talking about stuff like camel shagging... southerners... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Niiiiice

MORE SNOW!!! I believe the phrase used is "Get in"?

ReputationRep:
    get in i think is the phrase used.

its more rain than snow at the minuite where i live.

ReputationRep:
    Awww but youre in Manchester no? Its already 1.5 inches here and not looking like stopping.

ReputationRep:
    hey,

how do I join this society?

Iain from Whitley Bay

ReputationRep:
    Wow people, it went dark a little later last night - spring is coming!

ReputationRep:
    WowI ve jsut found a place wher eI can get drinks two for the price of one with my work ID cooooooool! And Happy belated St. Patricks day to all.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Guys...I know you were trying to get more people than the Southern Soc, but my new Yorkshire society is fast catching this one up now. We now have 23 members over there while the Northern Soc has 24....most if not all of those Yorkshire soc members could be potential Northern Soc people...maybe you need to get recruiting...

ReputationRep:
    I think the high proportion of Mancunians in this thread is putting Yorkshire residents off :P:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... as a Blackburnian I would be very put off if I met any Burnley people here.
    Anyways, how do people here feel about Condoleeza Rice, US secretary of state coming to the Northwest last Friday as oppose to London?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Northerner

ReputationRep:
    Hey people - who's the best northerner on TV?

ReputationRep:
    Peter Kay blows the socks off everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    Peter Kay blows the socks off everyone else.
    Fine, yes with Peter Kay I somehow find myself on the floor rolling with laughter, but there are the people who have shown the southerners who really represent Britain like Ian Brown and Dominic Monaghan (lord of the rings).

I hope nobody says Johnny Vegas, I really hate that guy...

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.