Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    the topic for my EE in history is 'the united nations past, present and future' i will like to know, if this topic is proper for an EE ,and how can i go about it .your contributions will be highly appreciated.GRAZIE.

ReputationRep:
    Talk about how the UN came, there were problems at first weren't there? Some countries did not want to sign the contract or whatever it was? Decisions had to be unanimous. Talk about how the UN has grown in size (how many countries are in it) - which countries still remain outside of the UN. Sorry I don't really know, I never did History, good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    i think it's far too broad... moreover "UN in the future" - it's definitely not history (so what if you did it in Politics instead? might be more suitable)..

ReputationRep:
    i appreciate your contribution on my EE, thanks whizz kid i wish you the best.

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest a title along the lines of; "To what extent was x responsible for the creation of the UN". Where x could be a country or an event. This way you have enough info, you can basically talk about the origins of the UN, but you have a focus, and easier conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    the best extended essays in history is usually those which are about a really obscure topic.

i did mine on "How did Gustav III influence Swedish nobility in terms of political power, wealth and social status?"

Got an A without it being anywhere near a perfect essay.

I say the UN topic is much too commonplace. Examiners will know a bit about your topic and hence will see the flaws in it. If you pick something very obscure that they know nothing about, its harder for them to point out mistakes.

In the end, I suggest you do a topic like:

"HOW DID ____ AFFECT ____ IN TERMS OF ______ , _____ AND _____?"

With such a title you obviously divide your essay up into 3 very clear sections, and thus your essay becomes very organized (which is what its all about in the end).

Ofcourse there is other ways to do it, but this is probably one of the most clear, structured ways to write an EE in history.

ReputationRep:
    there's supposed to be a subject-specific criteria for every subject. the first page usually has examples of good and bad choices in extended essay topics. check that out if u havent done so already... the UN is a good idea but as mentioned by 'needsomehelp', is too well-known. however, its still good idea if u take any one specific angle... dun do history so cant give examples there im afraid.

ReputationRep:
    I am currently writing my EE in history also. My research question is "In what ways did the Lend-Lease Act facilitate the United States' transition from isolationism to internationalism." It's actually been easier to write about than i originally expected, and is fairly easy to analyze.

But I have a question: What is a good number of sources to have for a History EE, I've heard that the graders can be quite picky. I have about 12 now, but am hoping to get more. Any suggestions?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.