Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    just wondering what people thought about it?, obviously we know the main target will probably be islamic headscarves but all religions will be affected.

secularism is important to the french (and i think a lot of other european nations though i cant see too many others having the balls to implement such a law) so surely they have a right to protect this?

or maybe this is just a latest episode of islamophobia in the West?

please discuss
    this threads been done my friend. Check it out http://www.uk-learning.net/t18792.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nero076)
    just wondering what people thought about it?, obviously we know the main target will probably be islamic headscarves but all religions will be affected.

secularism is important to the french (and i think a lot of other european nations though i cant see too many others having the balls to implement such a law) so surely they have a right to protect this?

or maybe this is just a latest episode of islamophobia in the West?

please discuss
    I think its stupid. Secularism means religion should not set the laws and politics of the country. But you should still let people be religious if they want to. Remember, it is Freedom, Equality and Brotherhood. Lets not remove the blue part of the tricolour. The only exception would be those dresses which prevent you from identifying students. Theres actually some practicall reasons why you are not allowed to wear a burka on your drivers license picture...

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.