FRENCH ban on religious symbols in schools??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
nero076
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
d
tommypip
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nero076)
just wondering what people thought about it?, obviously we know the main target will probably be islamic headscarves but all religions will be affected.

secularism is important to the french (and i think a lot of other european nations though i cant see too many others having the balls to implement such a law) so surely they have a right to protect this?

or maybe this is just a latest episode of islamophobia in the West?

please discuss
this threads been done my friend. Check it out http://www.uk-learning.net/t18792.html
Jonatan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by nero076)
just wondering what people thought about it?, obviously we know the main target will probably be islamic headscarves but all religions will be affected.

secularism is important to the french (and i think a lot of other european nations though i cant see too many others having the balls to implement such a law) so surely they have a right to protect this?

or maybe this is just a latest episode of islamophobia in the West?

please discuss
I think its stupid. Secularism means religion should not set the laws and politics of the country. But you should still let people be religious if they want to. Remember, it is Freedom, Equality and Brotherhood. Lets not remove the blue part of the tricolour. The only exception would be those dresses which prevent you from identifying students. Theres actually some practicall reasons why you are not allowed to wear a burka on your drivers license picture...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (98)
38.28%
Take autumn exams (82)
32.03%
Look for a job (8)
3.13%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.13%
Take a year out (44)
17.19%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (16)
6.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed