Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im scared, but only of the fact that they will charge me if i even go near one. which is why i havent, for at least 2 years - and my teeth are healthy and fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gossip_girl)
    i have to pay 70 quid for a white filling in the mean time i have a temp one which is just nastyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. and there was me thinking it was all free till im 18
    lol, same with me. a week ago he put a silver filling for me without even asking me which one i d prefer. Then I had to book another appointment to get a white filling.lol. This is annoying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol, same with me. a week ago he put a silver filling for me without even asking me which one i d prefer. Then I had to book another appointment to get a white filling.lol. This is annoying.
    he wanted to put cemnet in my tooth :eek:

but it wasfunny cos while i was waiting he came and said ' lucy what is that your drinking?' i had my drink by my side and i was like ' erm....diet coke...'
    'did you do chemisty at school?'
    '...yes...'
    'do you know what ph is?'
    '...yes...'
    'do you know what the neural is?'
    '...yes....7?'
    'yes thats it, and do you know what diet coke is?'
    '...erm...1?'
    'yes'
    'oh'
    'well 2.6 to be specific'
    <----------me

ReputationRep:
    I’ve been absolutely petrified of the dentist since I was put under general anaesthetic when I was seven, it felt like I was suffocating and then they pinned me down! Then there’s the fact I’ve fainted on sight of a needle they scare me that much, so having local anaesthetic a few years ago didn’t help.

The dentist is a horrible, horrible place full of torture and whirring noises.

ReputationRep:
    i went to the dentist today and the orthodontist yesterday, i just let them get on with it really don't have a problem otherwise, although a few years ago i had this leadrope with a metal catch on it swung at me which broke my tooth and the sound of the dentist yanking it out was traumatising, fortunately i had local anaesthetic at the time though. :-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cup-and-Saucer)
    I’ve been absolutely petrified of the dentist since I was put under general anaesthetic when I was seven, it felt like I was suffocating and then they pinned me down! Then there’s the fact I’ve fainted on sight of a needle they scare me that much, so having local anaesthetic a few years ago didn’t help.

The dentist is a horrible, horrible place full of torture and whirring noises.
    awww i would rep you but i have to wait 24hrs

ReputationRep:
    Dont fear the dentist, he is your friend........... :evil:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saiyamana)
    Dont fear the dentist, he is your friend........... :evil:
    My dentist is a bit toooo friendly.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I'm not scared of the dentist, but I was scared when I went to the maxillofacial surgeon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    :eek: make sure your underwear is on the right way round when you wake up :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My dentist is hilarious!

I've always liked going to the dentist...........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trixx)
    :eek: in what way?

ReputationRep:
    My dentist always asks me questions (just general teeth stuff) when I'm on the chair. And he seems to expect me to answer them as well, even while he's sticking sharp little bits of stainless steel in my mouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robber's ghost)
    My dentist always asks me questions (just general teeth stuff) when I'm on the chair. And he seems to expect me to answer them as well, even while he's sticking sharp little bits of stainless steel in my mouth.
    exactly!!!!!! and hes like why are you singing to me? im in pain!!!!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    My dad is my dentist and because he own's the practice i can go in when it's closed, which is kinda cool. The bad thing is that he sometimes doesn't use a local when he would do with normal patient's, which can cause a bit of pain when he get's near the root :s

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I got a letter today saying I'm due for my appointment.

ReputationRep:
    i cant stand the dentist! I need a filling on tuesday, and my gum needs numbing. Now, i dont like injections either, so the dentist and an injection in 1 is not good.

ReputationRep:
    cant stand the dentist! I need a filling on tuesday, and my gum needs numbing. Now, i dont like injections either, so the dentist and an injection in 1 is not good
    Yeah it is rather annoying when they numb your gums, you can't smile or talk afterwards!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zhivago)
    Yeah it is rather annoying when they numb your gums, you can't smile or talk afterwards!
    i aways do something so i feel it.... im so dumb

ReputationRep:
    I'm scared of the dentist's prices.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.