Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    No I haven't actually seen the video, I'll have a look out for it though, sounds good.

And I agree, Elbow ~ Powder Blue, is indeed a very beautiful song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    No I haven't actually seen the video, I'll have a look out for it though, sounds good.

And I agree, Elbow ~ Powder Blue, is indeed a very beautiful song
    Talking about that song. I heard the video is really good. I've only seen a tiny bit of it on MTV2 when I hadn't heard of them. I think I'm going to look for it. I remember it's pretty sad too.

Edit: here it is:
    http://music.yahoo.com/ar-274228-videos--Elbow I'm going to go and watch it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Talking about that song. I heard the video is really good. I've only seen a tiny bit of it on MTV2 when I hadn't heard of them. I think I'm going to look for it. I remember it's pretty sad too.

Edit: here it is:
    http://music.yahoo.com/ar-274228-videos--Elbow I'm going to go and watch it :P

Ooh, thanks for putting the link up, I was about to go search for it myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sweetness*~)
    Ooh, thanks for putting the link up, I was about to go search for it myself
    Did you watch the vid? I don't quite get it. There's been a car crash, fair enough and probably some lawyer on the scene looking for evidence... but what's the guy doing up on the pole/lamppost?
    Anyway I think it's a great video. It really suits the song. I should have mentioned it in the music videos thread although I've only seen it once.

ReputationRep:
    Did you watch the vid? I don't quite get it. There's been a car crash, fair enough and probably some lawyer on the scene looking for evidence... but what's the guy doing up on the pole/lamppost?
    Anyway I think it's a great video. It really suits the song. I should have mentioned it in the music videos thread although I've only seen it once.
    I've seen it, it's amazing. Some might say it's perfectly butch.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the same thing, I didn't get the lampost bit. Oh well, it was still a good video and yeah it definitely suited the song. I'll watch it a couple more times and then maybe it'll click.

ReputationRep:
    Hammer Smashed Face - Cannibal Corpse

ReputationRep:
    Greenday, close call between Wake Me Up When September Ends and Having the Time of Your Life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    Greenday, close call between Wake Me Up When September Ends and Having the Time of Your Life
    I just turned down free Green Day tickets today .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    Mr. Brightside is obviously awesome. GO KILLERS! But I don't consider it...beautiful. It probably could be if it didnt repeat the lyrics and had more to it...
    Hmmm i think it has some beauty, and i do think the lyrics have some depth to them. Captures the feeling of jealousy and makes it into a superb song...so surely that makes its beautiful...to mke jealousy sound so emotive and god dam catchy. And if anything Brandon flowers is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikdboy)
    I just turned down free Green Day tickets today .
    Don't worry, they're rubbish live...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elspungo)
    Hmmm i think it has some beauty, and i do think the lyrics have some depth to them. Captures the feeling of jealousy and makes it into a superb song...so surely that makes its beautiful...to mke jealousy sound so emotive and god dam catchy. And if anything Brandon flowers is beautiful
    Speaking of rubbish live. . . . .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    Don't worry, they're rubbish live...
    Are they really that bad? I ought to save my girlfriend and her friends the money by tellin them this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikdboy)
    Speaking of rubbish live. . . . .
    PAH!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Tracy Chapman - The Promise
    Annie Lennox - Into the West (*sob*)

ReputationRep:
    James Blunt- No Bravery
    Pete Murray- So Beautiful
    Lifehouse- Hanging by a moment
    Damien Rice- Delicate

Sorry i couldn't choose one, i'm a sucker for this sort of songs!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought of another one to add to my list:

Annie Lennox ~ Why

She was amazing when she performed it at Live8, it really moved me. I recorded her performance on my phone and it still touches me whenever I play it back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire)
    James Blunt- No Bravery
    Pete Murray- So Beautiful
    Lifehouse- Hanging by a moment
    Damien Rice- Delicate

Sorry i couldn't choose one, i'm a sucker for this sort of songs!

James Blunt . I'm sure there's something honest behind James Blunt's songs but when I listen to them, it sounds like over-produced attempts at sounding like an American songwriter (he produced it in the US which would make sense but when you use americanisms in the vocals, it makes it even less honest).

That Lifehouse song is a bit cheesy but that song is so well-written. Great little riff at the beginning, simple lyrics that actually mean something: it makes for a beautiful song.

Delicate is a beautiful song. I still think that Cold Water is more moving but the whole religiousness of it makes me cringe a bit.

ReputationRep:
    Great thread!
    well, "beautiful" for me is pretty much anything by david gray, damien rice, james blunt. The trio that sounds a little bit like each other. I also like "wonderful tonight" by eric clapton and "feels like home" by Chantal Krezviazuk, both of which have already been mentioned.

My additions
    How do I live: Trisha Yearwood
    Baby I love your way: Peter Frampton
    I can't make you love me: Bonnie Raitt
    If you leave: Nada Surf
    Endless Love: Lionel Ritchie
    I could not ask for more: Sarah Evans
    I can't go there: Kenny Chesney
    Loving you (is easy cause you're beautiful): Minne Rippeton
    My Valentine: Martina Mc Bride
    When you were mine: Maceo PArker & Ani DiFranco

AND of course, I will always love you Whitney Houston!
    Now tell me that I have great taste :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by renarr)
    Great thread!
    well, "beautiful" for me is pretty much anything by david gray, damien rice, james blunt. The trio that sounds a little bit like each other. I also like "wonderful tonight" by eric clapton and "feels like home" by Chantal Krezviazuk, both of which have already been mentioned.

My additions
    How do I live: Trisha Yearwood
    Baby I love your way: Peter Frampton
    I can't make you love me: Bonnie Raitt
    If you leave: Nada Surf
    Endless Love: Lionel Ritchie
    I could not ask for more: Sarah Evans
    I can't go there: Kenny Chesney
    Loving you (is easy cause you're beautiful): Minne Rippeton
    My Valentine: Martina Mc Bride
    When you were mine: Maceo PArker & Ani DiFranco

AND of course, I will always love you Whitney Houston!
    Now tell me that I have great taste :p:
    Chantal Kreviazuk: very Dawson Creekish. They used to play well-selected music on there (unlike the OC :rolleyes: who might as well just have their music automatically generated by a So-Cal label and the NME playlist).

Nada Surf - If You Leave: OCish :rolleyes: It's a cover though Inside Of Love is a lot more moving. Clever lyrics too...

"Watching terrible TV. It kills all thought. Getting spacier than an astronaut. Making out with people I hardly know or like. I can't believe what I do late at niiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.