The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

life's too short to be afraid :smile:
Reply 2
I am going to London in December (21st to be exact) with a load of mates to go to see a show! Getting the train or coach down, then using the tube. I am slightly scared to go!
Reply 3
It's probably safer to fly now than before yesterday's attacks - security will be super tight and everyone will be extra vigilante.
i dont think you should worry... menorca isnt aimed at for attacks i wouldnt think!
Reply 5
Yeah chin up. Some people have to use the Underground everyday you know...
Reply 6
It wasn't actually the fact that it was going to Menorca it was the fact that its flying from Edinburgh and since thats where all the G8 stuff is happening that might be a high risk place?:redface: i dunno maybe i'm just worrying too much.
Reply 7
my 8 and 4 year old sisters flew today. they werent worried, though they are a bit young to understand whats going on.
No, I'm not worried. The bombings occured on the tube/ bus services after all, not an airplane. Plus now that the attacks have happened I doubt there'll be any repeats, especially as security will be very tight.
pippa_87
No, I'm not worried. The bombings occured on the tube/ bus services after all, not an airplane. Plus now that the attacks have happened I doubt there'll be any repeats, especially as security will be very tight.

Exactly, I was in London this week and I caught the tube this morning. The terrorists want you to be scared, but we must lead our lives normally!
Reply 10
G8 will be long gone by then you'll be fine.
even before yesterdays attacks, I would say it would have been relatively safe to fly after the measures put in place post september 11th
Reply 12
I'm going to London on Thursday, to the palace. I'm scared and I don't really want to go, because we'll have to get the tube.
Oh for god's sake, if we all got scared whenever something bad happens in the world, we'd all go mad. I urge anyone with arabic ancestry to go up to people and say "boo!"

London is probably the safest place in Europe right now with all the security there.
^^
seconded. Notice that after 9/11, there havent been terrorist attacks on the US tat succedded....
Reply 15
I've always been terrified someone's going to hyjack my plane, not so worried about dying, just the events before. It doesn't help when your parents are erm.. optomistic types, I'm not sure if that's the word. But basically when 9/11 happened they were like "oo this is really exciting, what's going to happen next?" Whereas I was like "omg what about all those people, why's God doing this? The world is such a horrid place."

Spoilered due to not nice fact my parents tell me:

Spoiler

Reply 16
Saffie

Spoiler

What a lovely thing to say on a plane. But thinking about it, it makes sense (the fact, not saying it on a plane, its like shouting "this bad is da bomb!")
Why should anyone be scared?

Do not give in to these BASTARDS they want you to be scared but you should try not to be.
i don't think you should worry too much, as has been previously stated security will be on high alert and if the G8 paraphanelia's gone, hopefully you won't be at too much risk, edinburgh is not a major city and terrorists like to strike where they can make the most impact.
Reply 19
Me and a few family members will be taking an annual trip of ours into the city in August/September. The risk of as deep involvement in said incidents as that of the unfortunate 750-odd yesteday, of course, remains titchy even for those who were in the city on that day. Ultimately 'Terror' is a poorly-contrived ideological whim wrapped in a veil of the macabre - the real far-reaching clout it enjoys is political, naturally.

In terms of risk, it could be worse. I could always have opted for a London university. :|

Latest

Trending

Trending