Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have got 2 unconditional offers, the one from Cardiff Business School for an MSc in Financial Economics and the other one is from Durham for MSc in Finance and Investment.
    Please help me out which one to choose.Which one is considered to be better for this kind of studies? Which one has better reputation and career prospects?

ReputationRep:
    Durham definately has a better reputation as a business school. Look at the FT MBA rankings and durham is in the top 100 and Cardiff is not.

I would think a lot more IBs would recruit at a place like Durham compared to Cardiff, but thats just my personal view from lookign at IBs websites from when deciding which uni to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by janus)
    I have got 2 unconditional offers, the one from Cardiff Business School for an MSc in Financial Economics and the other one is from Durham for MSc in Finance and Investment.
    Please help me out which one to choose.Which one is considered to be better for this kind of studies? Which one has better reputation and career prospects?
    Durham would be my choice as well. if you had Cranfield it would have been different matter. but Durham is better than cardiff for certain.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.