Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What should I say and should I ask for the manager or what?? And if they say when can you work does it sound desperate if i say "all the time" ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justchar)
    What should I say and should I ask for the manager or what?? And if they say when can you work does it sound desperate if i say "all the time" ?
    Is what you do is call them up and ask if they have any vaccanies, then if yes you ask for them to send an application form. Doesnt make you sound particularly desperate no.

ReputationRep:
    you could say that you are a very flexible worker(you can work anytime they want...same thing really)

Is the job advertised, or are you just asking if theres work available?

ReputationRep:
    just asking.

ReputationRep:
    Just phone up/send in your CV. If you do phone up definately ask for the manager, as today i went into a store and asked a member of staff if they had any job vacancies/applications, and the women said no, then i went onto the second floor and thought id ask the manager who then said they did have spaces. Jst say when your willing to work e.g. part time, full time, temp etc.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever got a job by ringing up or should i just go into places??

ReputationRep:
    if you can write a lettter, it's much easier, plus if they don't have any vacancies they can keep your letter of request for the following 3 months etc in case any vacancies occur. If you just phone up, you might be forgottten.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.