Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website

Fashion @ U. of Westminster?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
cremeallure38
Hey, thanks for replying :smile: Aw.. I was in the same situation last month! I had my LCF interview to fly to and also the Westminster package.. which included a bulk to work! Did you apply for the Buying or Mechandising course, may I ask?
I sent my overseas test for the Buying course at Westminster 3 weeks ago on the 28th Jan yet they still haven't gotten back to me and I'm so worried! But I emailed them and apparently one of the staff in charge has been 'out of office' since the 29th Jan (typical.. lol!) and won't be back till this Monday... I just can't wait any longer!
Good luck at LCF.. :smile: x

Hahah , I applied for both, actually. :smile: Just to fill up my UCAS app .. I mean, what's the harm ? but then i also had to fill in 2 questionnaires lol . Oh yeah, I got that out-of-office reply too when I sent my packet in. Oh well.. I don't know, all I want is to hear from LCF.. I'll hear from them in about 2-3 weeks, I think. Hopefully I'll get in. :smile: I quite like the building and all, its off Tottenham Court Road, very central.. I'm sorta bothered by the fact that Westmin. is out in Harrow. It only takes approx. 20 min from central London, but still.
Freshers week
University of Westminster
London
Visit website
happi_minnie
bad news guys :frown: unsuccessful :frown:

awwwww sorry to hear that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :frown: :frown: :frown:
and they kept you waiting so long! meanies
did they give a reason?
i know. i was so upset why would they keep me waiting longer if they were going to reject me.
the reason was that it's a competitive course.. :|
that's harldy a reason so i emailed them saying can i have a detailed reason.
wexteebee
Hahah , I applied for both, actually. :smile: Just to fill up my UCAS app .. I mean, what's the harm ? but then i also had to fill in 2 questionnaires lol . Oh yeah, I got that out-of-office reply too when I sent my packet in. Oh well.. I don't know, all I want is to hear from LCF.. I'll hear from them in about 2-3 weeks, I think. Hopefully I'll get in. :smile: I quite like the building and all, its off Tottenham Court Road, very central.. I'm sorta bothered by the fact that Westmin. is out in Harrow. It only takes approx. 20 min from central London, but still.

Yeah.. well at LCF they said that they'll be moving the course to Holborn.. :smile: Yeah westminster is in Harrow.. but i kinda want to go there because I was actually born in the area and grew up there when I was younger :smile: Would be nice to re-visit lol!! Good luck anyway xx
Reply 84
cremeallure38
Yeah.. well at LCF they said that they'll be moving the course to Holborn.. :smile: Yeah westminster is in Harrow.. but i kinda want to go there because I was actually born in the area and grew up there when I was younger :smile: Would be nice to re-visit lol!! Good luck anyway xx

It might be the fashion management course thats doing that.. ? Because I applied to the Foundation Degree Fashion Mgt. (if you do a top-up year at the end of the two year course, you get the LCF BA , so I deem it same same, lol) .. I believe it's primarily at fashion retail academy, except for a few lessons at LCF (apparently ur registered at both schools + the course is listed at both schools.. i dunno, its sorta odd) .. thats what the interviewer said , atleast. oh well. I don't really mind in the end, I suppose. I just really want to be in London, hahah. :smile:
Reply 85
cremeallure38
Hey, aw I'm so sorry to hear you were unsuccessful!!!!! :frown: Hope you hear good news soon from your other choices!
Btw, if you don't mind me asking, did you already complete an interview with Westminster before they got back to you? x

Nope no interview. Just an unsuccessful. :frown:
Reply 86
happi_minnie
i know. i was so upset why would they keep me waiting longer if they were going to reject me.

Thats exactly what they said to me!! Competitive course so can only give places to people with exceptional talent or potential! :mad:

Did they get back to you regarding both course (buying and merchadising)?

I got it for the buying degree, just waiting for the merchadise to appear unsuccessful as well.
wexteebee
It might be the fashion management course thats doing that.. ? Because I applied to the Foundation Degree Fashion Mgt. (if you do a top-up year at the end of the two year course, you get the LCF BA , so I deem it same same, lol) .. I believe it's primarily at fashion retail academy, except for a few lessons at LCF (apparently ur registered at both schools + the course is listed at both schools.. i dunno, its sorta odd) .. thats what the interviewer said , atleast. oh well. I don't really mind in the end, I suppose. I just really want to be in London, hahah. :smile:

Ohh right! Sorry, I didn't know you were doing the foundation! I would have applied if I knew about that course! Oh well.. fingers crossed you get in!! GOOD LUCK x
menena
Nope no interview. Just an unsuccessful. :frown:

Awww.. what a shame, seriously :frown:!!! I'm really worried now... do you live in the UK, btw?! I sent off my 'overseas test' (i live in ireland so it's not really overseas as i pay the same student fees lol) 3 weeks ago but the member of staff was only back in the office today and sent me an email telling me she's only just opened the test. I'm so scared right now because I really actually would like to go there now!

What other places have you applied to? Have you heard from anywhere else?! x
Reply 89
cremeallure38
Awww.. what a shame, seriously :frown:!!! I'm really worried now... do you live in the UK, btw?! I sent off my 'overseas test' (i live in ireland so it's not really overseas as i pay the same student fees lol) 3 weeks ago but the member of staff was only back in the office today and sent me an email telling me she's only just opened the test. I'm so scared right now because I really actually would like to go there now!

What other places have you applied to? Have you heard from anywhere else?! x

Yeah I live in the uk. My top choice has always been Westminster, and I am really gutted. Just hopin I get an interview for the Merchadise course, but doubt it after the buying was unsuccessful. It sucks cause I did believe that no news was good news, but now I know anything could happen! I think you'll be ok though cause you at least were asked to do the test thing on fone interview. Good luck, hope you get it!!

My first option was fashion merchadise at Westminster, and my second Buying. Then just to fill in I applied to LCF fashion management and London met as well. So still need to hear from Merchandise (which i doubt I get it as westminster already gave me an unsuccessful), LCF which I doubt Ill get after Westminster "exceptional ability or potential" and London Met, to be honest I dont really wanna go there. So all I can hope for at this stage is a miracle :frown:

Oh I forgot.. Im in London :smile:
menena
Yeah I live in the uk. My top choice has always been Westminster, and I am really gutted. Just hopin I get an interview for the Merchadise course, but doubt it after the buying was unsuccessful. It sucks cause I did believe that no news was good news, but now I know anything could happen! I think you'll be ok though cause you at least were asked to do the test thing on fone interview. Good luck, hope you get it!!

My first option was fashion merchadise at Westminster, and my second Buying. Then just to fill in I applied to LCF fashion management and London met as well. So still need to hear from Merchandise (which i doubt I get it as westminster already gave me an unsuccessful), LCF which I doubt Ill get after Westminster "exceptional ability or potential" and London Met, to be honest I dont really wanna go there. So all I can hope for at this stage is a miracle :frown:

Oh I forgot.. Im in London :smile:

Aw.. maybe they gave you an unsuccessful for the buying at westminster because they felt you were more suitable for the merchandising course??? I'd say that's probably the case :smile: At least the mechandising is your top choice so you haven't gotten an unsuccessful from your favourite course yet. Can't believe you havent really heard anything though.. that's so annoying!
I really do hope you receive an interview soon and finally hear some positive news :smile::smile::smile: Also, so cool you live in london :wink:
An Audience with Barbara Hulanicki - The Iconic Designer and Founder of BIBA
Date: 16 March 2010 7.00pm - .
Location: Old Cinema, University of Westminster, 309 Regent Street, London W1B 2UW

A chance to see the documentary Beyond Biba - 'A fascinating portrait of the life of 1960's fashion legend Barbara Hulanicki' - The Guardian; followed by a Q&A session with Barbara Hulanicki.

To book tickets please go to: http://barbarahulanicki.eventbrite.com

http://www.westminster.ac.uk/about/news-and-events/events/2010/an-audience-with-barbara-hulanicki---the-iconic-designer-and-founder-of-biba
menena
Thats exactly what they said to me!! Competitive course so can only give places to people with exceptional talent or potential! :mad:

Did they get back to you regarding both course (buying and merchadising)?

I got it for the buying degree, just waiting for the merchadise to appear unsuccessful as well.

i got it for merchandising. I think they think I should do buying becuase they were like how come yo didn't apply for the buying. What are you going to do if they reject your for merchandising as well??

I had a breakdown after the rejection, it just shattered everything i was working for. I was like what to do now i dont know if i want to go to other unis as westminster was always my first..
happi_minnie

thats a stupid reason!!! to have kept you waiting so long as well i blame the old lady for our rejections! ahah
have you heard from everywhere know? do you know what you're going to pick? :smile:
Reply 94
happi_minnie
i got it for merchandising. I think they think I should do buying becuase they were like how come yo didn't apply for the buying. What are you going to do if they reject your for merchandising as well??

I had a breakdown after the rejection, it just shattered everything i was working for. I was like what to do now i dont know if i want to go to other unis as westminster was always my first..

TBH i have no idea. My top choice is merchandise @ Westminster. If I dont get that then my last chance is LCF, cause London Met is not an option.

Have you thought about applying for Buying?

I seriously dont think I'll be going to uni if I get rejected in all my top choices. I dont know what Im gonna do, I am so confused as well. And the wait is not helping cause its better to know at this stage than wait for ages and then get rejected.

TBH ill be super gutted and devastated if I dont get into Westminster.
menena
TBH i have no idea. My top choice is merchandise @ Westminster. If I dont get that then my last chance is LCF, cause London Met is not an option.

Have you thought about applying for Buying?

I seriously dont think I'll be going to uni if I get rejected in all my top choices. I dont know what Im gonna do, I am so confused as well. And the wait is not helping cause its better to know at this stage than wait for ages and then get rejected.

TBH ill be super gutted and devastated if I dont get into Westminster.

well i cant apply now though.. i do want to i would rather apply there than lcf but i've waste my choices now * sigh *

i know i was so gutted wehn i got rejected they made me wait for a long time as well, after the interview and after other people got rejected..
XoxAmberxoX
thats a stupid reason!!! to have kept you waiting so long as well i blame the old lady for our rejections! ahah
have you heard from everywhere know? do you know what you're going to pick? :smile:

i know :| nope still the same old 3 choices i had before all the drama. i know i blame her as well!! what was her name was it kate or something like that :| grrr i think i might take a gap year and reapply to westminster or just go to UCA i'm not sure. The rejection from westminster made me rethink about the career.. you?
x
happi_minnie
i know :| nope still the same old 3 choices i had before all the drama. i know i blame her as well!! what was her name was it kate or something like that :| grrr i think i might take a gap year and reapply to westminster or just go to UCA i'm not sure. The rejection from westminster made me rethink about the career.. you?
x

awww ive heard uca really good, but i guess in the gap yr u could get loads if experience that westminster wants so there both got their pros and cons. hope the decision dont stress you out to much!
nah still waiting on notts trent subbed the work bout month ago ahhhhh!
x
Reply 98
Got a conditonal (28 pts on IB) for the Fashion Merchandising Course @ Westminster! :smile: Sort of torn though. The course seems amazing, but I'm also waiting for an answer from the FdA Retail Management Course at LCF, which seemed reasonably easy to get in to, atleast when I spoke the the interviewer who appeared optimistic about my chance of acceptance. Anyway, a small part of me hopes for an unsuccessful so that I don't have to deal with the choice (I know; i feel ashamed for saying that about LCF, i apologize dearly).
But if I do get an offer from LCF... I have no idea whether I would want to go there or to Westminster. :s-smilie:

LCF has the reputation obviously, but its a Foundation degree (I could do a top up year and the Bachelors tho.) Furthermore, it only has 4 months of work placement.

Westminster on the other hand, is a Bachelors degree. It has 9 months of paid work placement, + an additional year abroad, most likely in NY or somewhere in that area.

:s-smilie: Any thoughts?
Reply 99
Sorry to change the subject slightly but I thought this is where I may get a response :smile:

I applied for buying at westminster and of course got an 'unsuccesful'. I was naive to think I would get in anyway. Will definately be applying again next year.

Sooo I was wondering...
What sort of stuff did you put in your portfolios,
What you wrote about in your statement,
Aaaaand how much experience you've had and where.

I would be so greatful for any advice! So determined to get in! Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending