Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Would you agree that the legal clasification of a terrorist as a Human is questionable? After all, they have been brainwashed, and thereupon, they are Psychopaths who have no binding connection with human life, ie emotion, remorce, pain or any other basic human value, which we share.

I think that the musslim people are the least integrated in European society, they have no binding connection with British or even Western way of life, therefore they are isolated and feel thr need to attack west even more. Multi culturalism depends upon some sort of basic sharing of values, which muslims dont seem to have. And therefore they are simply muslims living in EU or Uk, and not British muslims.

I dont believe that poverty and terrorism is related. After all the continent of Africa has been poor for a long period of time, it hasn't resorted to mass terrorism, even though terrorist have now decided to base there.

I have deep concerns for this type of terrorism, and the way it is being spread.

I dont think there is anything more that can be done, by Eu to defend againast such attacks.

The problem, lies, with the teaching of islam, radical schools should be banned. Muslim children should be lawfully alowed to choose whether they want to follow islam or not in the west. I have heard that this religion actively teached to hate west, and to attack non-muslims, wat kind of religion is this?

i also heard that they want to enforce people to become muslims!

Completeley twisted!

It is also worth pointing out that all the conflicts in the world, involve, muslims, and non muslims, ie Kashmir, mid east, sudan, Nigeria, Keny, tanzania, 9/11, Madrid, Paris, UN, Bali, etc,

The fact is that muslim people do not believe in democracy, and only believe in defending islam, through use of Terrorism, therefore the problems of the world are further complicated

ReputationRep:
    After all, they have been brainwashed, and thereupon, they are Psychopaths who have no binding connection with human life, ie emotion, remorce, pain or any other basic human value, which we share.
    That is a media generalisation that is completely untrue. Most professional terrorists are or have been in higher education and are quite intelligent. They see terrorism as a logical act and not one born out of some mental problem. I would suggest you do some reading on the terrorism and terrorists to help aid you in making rational judgements on who these people are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)
    The fact is that muslim people do not believe in democracy, and only believe in defending islam, through use of Terrorism, therefore the problems of the world are further complicated
    Another example of a collossal generalisation; the post is full of more.

You seem to be confusing a tiny minority of extremists with an entire faith; the vast majority of muslims can in no way be generalised in the same breath as terrorists - any more than any other type of people.

To say that muslims do not believe in democracy is absurd.

What about the Muslims of Britain who voted in the election? What about the elections in Iraq?

If given a decent chance, i imagine 99.9.....% of muslims would embrace democracy.........or at least as many as anybody else.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want to make your statements any more sweeping? Wow, it's people like you who bring on the prejudice and hatred which cause sh*t like we saw yesterday in London.

*negs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halloweenjack)
    Most professional terrorists are or have been in higher education and are quite intelligent
    Lol. Thats a generalisation to combat a generalisation. The only one I know of was that chap from Cheltenham, Richard Reid wasnt. Were the 11th Sept attackers?

ReputationRep:
    Dont confuse foot soldiers for professional terrorists......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perry)
    wow, its amazing that someone who has never met me can presume to claim that i do not believe in democracy simply because i am Muslim. nice and subtle. and speaking on a personal basis, i AM a british muslim, and do describe myself as that. i believe i am fully integrated into society- but how do you define that? i have a better grasp on the english language, more so than some white british people i know, is that integration?
    i have no more to say to someone who is as uninformed as you. the select few nutters are the ones who believe they can further their sham causes through the use of terrorist attacks not the "Muslim people".

ReputationRep:
    Multi culturalism depends upon some sort of basic sharing of values, which muslims dont seem to have.
    Respect for elders, charity and fairness. These are Islamic values that they do share with the rest of us. You are clearly ignorant of the muslim communitieS in Britain. There is no one homogenous group. A Turkish sunni muslim will have little in common with a Pakistani sufi muslim and a Wahabbi from Saudi Arabia wouldn't be able to relate too well with a shia from North Tehran. British muslims have a lot to share and give along with every other community in Britain.

I have heard that this religion actively teached to hate west, and to attack non-muslims, wat kind of religion is this?
    When the Qoran was written (bear in mind this is the absolute word of God) there was no 'west' as there is now so this is ridiculous. And Muslims are taught not to fight unless attacked and only then attack legitimate targets.

Where exactly did you hear this? Forced conversions are banned in Islam.

It is also worth pointing out that all the conflicts in the world, involve, muslims, and non muslims, ie Kashmir, mid east, sudan, Nigeria, Keny, tanzania, 9/11, Madrid, Paris, UN, Bali, etc,
    9/11 Madrid Paris Bali UN etc are not 'conflicts.' They are isolated events as part of one wider conflict. And what exactly has happened in Paris? In Sudan it is not a fight between christians and muslims, it is a fight between blacks and Arabs. What about in Sri Lanka where the resistance there is very bloody? What about operation Blue Star in India? What about Irish terrorism? Unionist terrorism? Communist terrorist? Nazi terrorism? Basque Terrorism?

Terrorism is the result of people being oppressed and backed into a corner. The Holocaust gave birth to the Zionist movement, the Israeli occupation gave birth to Hamas, the Sri Lankan oppression gave birth to the Tamil Tigers. This is the same in Chechnya, this is the same with the Kurds, this is the same with all terrorism except state terrorism which is ok since they didn't mean to kill the tens of thousands of people they did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)

You what? Half of your "conflicts" there seem to be terror attacks, so what about all the entirely nonmuslim related attacks? The IRA? Aum Shinrikyu? ETA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Perry)
    If you think you're helping London with this crap, you're sorely mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    Certain people seem to think that muslims are supporters of democracy. True Islam is not in accordance with democracy as anyone who reads and understadns the Koran will tell you. Democracy relies on people - sinners, Islam decides what's right not on the basis of what people say but what God says.

(Original post by Perry)
    Would you agree that the legal clasification of a terrorist as a Human is questionable?
    No. Unless they're now strapping grenades to badgers, or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    Islam decides what's right not on the basis of what people say but what God says.
    Thats the same as every major world religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebucketwoman)
    Thats the same as every major world religion.

So that makes Islam right? Ever heard the phrase two wrongs don't make a right? Also Islam is peculiar in that it puts far less emphaisis on the individual than say Christianity, specifically protestanism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom391)
    If given a decent chance, i imagine 99.9.....% of muslims would embrace democracy.........or at least as many as anybody else.
    I agree, of course, that the vast majority of Muslims in Britain support democracy just like anybody else. But on Sky News it said that up to 8% of Muslims in Britain support Al Qaeda and similar groups. How they worked that out I don't know but 8% of 1.6 million is still a lot of people.

ReputationRep:
    True Islam is not in accordance with democracy as anyone who reads and understadns the Koran will tell you. Democracy relies on people - sinners, Islam decides what's right not on the basis of what people say but what God says.
    This is why Islam should not figure in a state structure (like all religions) This doesn't mean muslims can't take part in democracy or respect the societies that choose it.

ReputationRep:
    This is why Islam should not figure in a state structure (like all religions)

Than it would not be true Islam.

This doesn't mean muslims can't take part in democracy or respect the societies that choose it.
    Those muslims who persuade other muslims not to vote disagree with you. Also the Koran disagrees with you for example:

"Make war upon such of those to whom the Scriptures have been given as believe not in God, or in the last day, and who forbid not that which God and His Apostle have forbidden, and who profess not the profession of the truth, until they pay tribute out of hand, and they be humbled." Sura 9:29

ReputationRep:
    The religion disagrees with that:
    There is no compulsion in religion...
    -Koran 2:256.

(Original post by Dougie)
    I agree, of course, that the vast majority of Muslims in Britain support democracy just like anybody else. But on Sky News it said that up to 8% of Muslims in Britain support Al Qaeda and similar groups. How they worked that out I don't know but 8% of 1.6 million is still a lot of people.
    "Er, excuse me? Could you... yes, just a brief survey. You're Muslim? Good... right, question one- do you support Al-Qaeda? Just a yes or no will do..."

I would take a serious look at any such statistics offered, the circumstances in which they were taken, who by, and the type of sample. I highly doubt that it could be anywhere near accurate. The word "support" is also a highly ambiguous one: for example, they oppose the war in Iraq. So do I. Therefore, even I could be seen to support them to an extent...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    So that makes Islam right? Ever heard the phrase two wrongs don't make a right?.
    I don't think Islam is 'right', otherwise I would be a Muslim. But my point is that Islam is no less compatible with democracy than other world religions. And, obviously, there are democratic christian, hindu, jewish... states.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.